Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #601
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

looking for low carb almond milk ideas..............:
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #602
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Low carb pizza crust

I tried this recently. It was very good.

Mix 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of cheddar cheese
3 eggs
Combine all together. I used parchment paper, otherwise use non stick spray on your pan. spread it thinly across your pan. I used a cookie sheet, it wasn't enough to cover it all but by the time it cooked up, it almost all reached the edges.
Cook at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Watch for it to be melty gooey and a little crisp on the edges. Let cool. I put mine in the fridge for 5 minutes and then it peeled right off the parchment paper and I carried it around, so proud that it worked! Then I put it back on the parchment paper (mistake), added my sauce and toppings and put in broiler for about 5 minutes. (I pre-cooked my toppings).Note: Parchment paper says not to exceed 425 degrees for a reason.. Luckily mine didn't catch on fire but it was "toasted". Take out and cool for a second. I cut mine into 2" squares and served. Everyone, kids included, loved it! A definite keeper and it was so fast and easy!

(From: http://terrastips.blogspot.com)
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #603
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fried "rice"

Forgive me if I'm repeating someone else but tonight I had low carb fried "rice" for dinner and it was really tasty!

I am home visiting my parents for Christmas. My stepmom made fried rice using cauliflower rice, scrambled eggs, chicken and soy sauce.

It was yummy!

I'm always looking for options to make for dinner. I feel like I keep making the same things over and over again. So I wanted to mention this as something you might want to try if you're looking for something different!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #604
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
Forgive me if I'm repeating someone else but tonight I had low carb fried "rice" for dinner and it was really tasty!

I am home visiting my parents for Christmas. My stepmom made fried rice using cauliflower rice, scrambled eggs, chicken and soy sauce.

It was yummy!

I'm always looking for options to make for dinner. I feel like I keep making the same things over and over again. So I wanted to mention this as something you might want to try if you're looking for something different!
Thanks for sharing!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 08:46 AM   #605
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Found this website. Haven't tried any recipes, but I think I will this weekend.

http://www.modernlowcarb.com/recipes/?category=soups

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #606
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Found this website. Haven't tried any recipes, but I think I will this weekend.

http://www.modernlowcarb.com/recipes/?category=soups

I love that website! Thanks for sharing. It's set up beautifully.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #607
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

*BUMP*

I'm back on low carb. Three weeks in. I'm doing low carb but not keto. I'm maintaining a small calorie deficit, enough to lose 1 pound a week.

I was on keto for seven months last year, and once I got off it, I couldn't get back on.

Health concerns are forcing me back on low carb, but I'm doing the moderate low carb in the hope that I can maintain it. It seems to be sufficient to keep my blood sugar in check. And because of the calorie deficit, I'm losing weight.

So. I also think it's healthier to eat the extra veg that a moderate carb diet allows.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #608
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Don't eat many healthy carbs, black and white cookies do not count.

My big thing,though, is ordering 5 cases of Premier Protein shakes monthly. Only 160 cals with 30g Protein and 4g.Carb (1g sugar). As long as I keep hydrated, can drink several/day. It's close to my only source of protein. They actually taste pretty good, far cry from those horrid MetRx 60g shakes.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #609
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Well my bad cholesterol is way too high. It’s my own fault, genetically I am predisposed and have enjoyed way too much bacon and burgers while doing low carb. I’m working on more salads and less fatty meats.

I haven’t been diligent since I moved here a year ago, and I am feeling the weight gain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #610
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well it's not exactly a recipe, but it's cooking for me – a doctored up Adkins Stone Fired 3 Meat Pizza with added ground beef, ground chicken, spices, extra cheese and a small enough portion of sweet chili sauce to give it some kick while still keeping it low carb.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #611
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Well it's not exactly a recipe, but it's cooking for me – a doctored up Adkins Stone Fired 3 Meat Pizza with added ground beef, ground chicken, spices, extra cheese and a small enough portion of sweet chili sauce to give it some kick while still keeping it low carb.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #612
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
this does sound good. I absolutely LOVE pizza.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #613
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Ground beef cooked in my new electric skillet with dried onions, mushrooms, a few tomatoes, and some green beans. Served with a dollop of sour cream. May not sound great, but it's low carb and not too bad.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #614
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i had wings in the air fryer with blue cheese dressing.

So good and I am stuffed.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #615
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lemon Garlic Shrimp

Had this tonight and it was very good. I used raw frozen shrimp (thawed them overnight and they were already deveined) with tails on.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...shrimp-recipe/

There’s a video at the website that’s worth viewing.

I had it with spaghetti but you can replace spag with riced or mashed cauliflower, unseasoned stir-fried veggies, zoodles.

INGREDIENTS
2 tbsp. butter, divided
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon, thinly sliced, plus juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt
2 tbsp. dry white wine (or water)
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil.

Add shrimp, lemon slices, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt.

Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.

Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, lemon juice, and white wine.

Season with salt and garnish with parsley before serving.

=======================

From the website:

What kind of shrimp should I buy?

We recommend using medium shrimp for this recipe. You should also buy the shrimp peeled and deveined if you can, too. It helps ensure that the dinner process is as quick and easy as possible.

How long do I cook the shrimp?

Shrimp cooks super quickly! It only needs a few minutes. Once it turns pink and opaque, it's ready to eat. If you cook it for too long, it'll become rubbery.

How hot should the skillet be?

For this recipe, we're not looking for a char. A large skillet over medium heat is the way to go. If you're not able to fit the shrimp in a single layer in your skillet, work in batches to make sure everything cooks evenly.

Do I need to use wine?

If you have a leftover bottle of Chardonnay in your fridge, this is the perfect way to use it up. If you don't have any around, use water or chicken broth instead. Or buy a cheap bottle and use lemon garlic shrimp as your excuse to drink.

Is it spicy?

There's a little kick from the red pepper flakes, but it's a spice level that most people can handle. If you prefer everything super-milk, just season it with salt and pepper instead.

Last edited by Orema; 08-23-2019 at 06:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 09:49 AM   #616
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This came out very good and it didn't affect my weight loss as long as I ate the proper serving.

I didn't put enough sweetener in it (the recipe gave measurements for a concentrated sweetener when my sweetener was regular strength), but that was my bad.

Here's a youtube video showing how to make the cheesecake.

To make the recipe, you will need a small springform pan or push-up pan that fits in your pressure cooker.

For tips, visit Jill at This Old Gal. She gives some great tips for baking a cheesecake in the Instant Pot here (be sure to read Jill's tips).

This pressure cooker low carb keto chocolate cheesecake was adapted from one on Southern Living.

The recipe for the cake made in the video is here.

I used Monk Fruit Sweetener with Erythritol Granular (1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto - 0 Calorie, 0 Net Carb, Non-GMO). I like it very much.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #617
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile *Bump*

Bumping Jesse's thread so others can find it readily.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo