Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #81
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amazon..........

Started watching something called White Dragon.....so far so good.......

Gist: Back in London, professor Jonah Mulray gets word that his wife of three years, Megan Harris, died in her adopted home city of Hong Kong. Shaken to his core, he flies there to identify her body; he’s told to go to the consulate first and see a woman named Sally Porter.

After he identifies Megan, tearing up over all the memories they had, and then gets the gruesome details of her death at the police station, he sees a man being questioned while holding her picture. Jonah follows the man out and when they confront each other, he finds out the horrible truth: The man is David Cheng, and he’s been married to Megan for twenty years. Jonah is flabbergasted, not able to comprehend that this woman he loves so much has been lying to him this whole time. Sure, she spent most of her time in HK, and wanted him to visit. But he has no idea why she’d keep her life there such a secret.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #82
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix I finished the Ted Bundy Tapes

Now tonight will be to finish damnation and maybe start the 2 killings of Sam Cooke
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #83
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Finished up VANITY FAIR last night. Pretty good... not great... different but also similar to KNIGHTS TALE, with modern music set to a 18th century drama.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #84
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I just invested in Hulu. Best Originals ever! There is a series called “the handmaid’s tale” this is by far one of the best series I’ve ever seen. Californication was also amazing.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #85
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Heidi works at Homecoming, a facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later when the Department of Defense questions why she left, Heidi realizes there's a whole other story behind the one she's been telling herself.

It really didn't appeal to me when it was first announced, but after the 1st episode I was hooked...
Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #86
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Mindhunter

I just finished watching season 2 of Mindhunter (Netflix release), the main theme of all season 2 episodes was about catching the guy who had committed the "Atlanta child murders".

Very interesting... about the FBI, and how they coined the phrases "serial killer" and developed what they also coined as "profiling".

It appeared quite realistic and showed just how catching these monsters is affected by politics, racism, beliefs and just about everything else: including bureaucracy, sloppy police work - you name it!

The writer(s)? took quite a few liberties. Of the three main characters portrayed in the series, one was written in as single lesbian psychology professor and working in the basement HQ of their unit at Quantico (and she also has an affair with a woman). In reality, the woman who worked with the real Douglas was straight, a forensic nurse specializing in victimology, and never actually set foot in Quantico and was married and had kid(s).

Having never read Douglas's book, I don't know about the rest of Douglas's real partner, and/or the veracity of his partner's story line in the series - his troubled kid and wife...

One is given glimpses of quite a few of the serial killers they interviewed, as they worked out how to get profiles of these people (Manson, Kemper, Wayne Williams, etc.)

What I liked about the series is that they didn't show any of the ugly assaults that they monsters actually committed... so far... Actually, I don't like films like that, and don't watch them and have been known to usually fast forward if those scenes appear; I prefer seeing how they catch the bad guys and the interaction between the cops/detectives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHlJQCyqiaI
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #87
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Witcher

The Witcher just got released (Netflix), and I finished watching the first of the episodes (first season has 8 episodes)...

Well, it's a high fantasy series - full of magic, mystery, witches, wizards and mages (and our hero, Geralt the Witcher). It's really very well done, and an adaptation of a series of books (The Witcher saga) by a guy called Sapkowski. The setting is medieval, with great cinematography, the music is good, and so is the writing, and there are monsters and such like. Lots of action, battles, even romance...

"The Witcher Geralt, a mutated monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #88
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

FYI

I received an email saying HBO will be unlocked for awhile on HULU

Binge time!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 06:59 PM   #89
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

SLING TV (https://www.sling.com) is offering their BLUE channels for free from 5 till midnight “every day,” though I don’t know how long it will last.

All you need to do is sign up and you don’t have to give them a credit card number.

I’m getting ready to watch S3 E1 of Killing Eve.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 04:30 AM   #90
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Small Axe, Anthology Seriers from Filmmaker Steve McQueen

From Amazon Prime YouTube page:

“If you are the big tree, we are the small axe.” —Jamaican proverb.

Small Axe is a collection of five films inspired by real-life events about ordinary people showing courage, belief, and resilience to overcome injustice and achieve something transformative in their West Indian community. The television debut by Academy Award winning director Steve McQueen. Premiering on BBC One and coming to Prime Video in the US on 11/20.

https://www.youtube.com/PrimeVideo
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #91
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Pretend It's a City | Netflix

This just aired last night and if you're a fan of Fran, you'll love it....
Old 01-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #92
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I believe it’s a Netflix original.....

I watched ONE episode of Virgin River thinking I’d find it hokey (and it IS somewhat Hallmark channeling) but then I watched another and another and I think I’m nearly finished with season 2.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:34 PM   #93
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

on Netflix, I've completed Beef.

It just rolls into one revenge after another. They just have a beef!

Won, Golden Globes.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: