How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Where I come from, many of the streets downtown are made of cobblestone..
Old 09-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #42
paposeco

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he,him,sir,dood...
Relationship Status:
ISO my Queen...

paposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputationpaposeco Has the BEST Reputation
Post Ahh yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Where I come from, many of the streets downtown are made of cobblestone..
Same here, coblestones and Varandas
paposeco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paposeco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #43
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default where I come from

You have to make a right to make a left!

Home of the jug handle
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #44
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Where I'm from is NJ where diners are plentiful and the streets are crowded with traffic all the time. but there's beaches like an hour away and NYC about 45 minutes away and some say its pretty!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #45
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Where I come from we have a boll weevil festival...chuckling...yeah I know....

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #46
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Where I'm from now, the city encourages really strong neighborhood associations, and city council members--even the mayor--sometimes have lots of experience on the most local level, the neighborhood, before they run for office. Even county officials sometimes start out this way. It seems to make the city more responsive to residents' concerns, although things still don't always go the way residents wish them to.

Still, the neighborhoods are given enough respect that the Mayor and the head of the county commissioners both declared yesterday "Neighborhood University Day" in honor of the neighborhood associations and WIN, the overall non-profit that most of the associations are incorporated under. WIN sponsors Neighborhood University each year, with lots of workshops about evevrything from how to start a community garden to how to prevent crime, how to start a newsletter to how to deal with gangs, how to find the best healthcare to how to run effective neighborhood meetings. It's really a wonderful opportunity.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #47
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #48
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #49
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Where I am from, you are either going "up north" or "downstate." You are either a "Yooper" (live in the Upper Peninsula or U.P. or Yoop, thus Yooper) or a "troll" (because you live in the Lower Peninsula, below the Mackinac Bridge, thus you live under the bridge and are a troll). We call tourists in the northern part of the state "fudgies" because they often frequent the many fudge shops. You often use your right hand as a map of half the state and point to where you are from, if you were born in the Lower Peninsula. You can kind of use your left hand as the Upper Peninsula. Where I am from (northern Michigan), most schools close on the opening day of deer hunting season because so many teachers and students call in sick so they can go hunting. Where I am from, it can snow as early as October and as late as April or May. Where I am from, Canadian coins are accepted as change and given as change just like American coins, except for the Loonie...we don't take the Loonie. Where I am from, you either eat your coney dogs Flint style or Detroit style. And always with mustard and onions. In fact, that's the only time I put mustard on a hotdog.

Where I am from, my little hometown on the shores of Lake Huron, it is not unusual to hear a little Polish at a certain butcher shop because the butcher knows Polish to talk to some of the older customers, some of whom still feel more comfortable talking what they grew up talking (Polish). So, you sometimes hear "Dzien dobry" in the morning. In my hometown, there is a restaurant attached to the bowling alley (hey, the population is only 4500) that usually serves an all-Polish food buffet on Thursdays. All you can eat - $6, and that includes the duck blood soup. In my hometown, people buy their meats at the butcher, not at the grocery market. And there are two outstanding butcher shops for such a small town. In my hometown, there was a radio program every Saturday morning on the local radio station that was dedicated to playing Polish folk music and polkas for two hours. The man who hosted it recently died, so I think the show will die too...and that makes me sad. In my hometown, there are essentially two churches -- Catholic and Lutheran. My town is almost evenly divided between the churches and between Polish and German ancestry (I am half and half). On Christmas Eve, the Catholic Church has a 6 p.m. Mass and the schoolchildren from the Catholic school sing Christmas carols in Polish and the little old Polish ladies (who still wear scarves or kerchiefs on their heads at church) sing along in Polish too.

Fun thread.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #50
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Where I am from, you are either going "up north" or "downstate." You are either a "Yooper" (live in the Upper Peninsula or U.P. or Yoop, thus Yooper) or a "troll" (because you live in the Lower Peninsula, below the Mackinac Bridge, thus you live under the bridge and are a troll). We call tourists in the northern part of the state "fudgies" because they often frequent the many fudge shops. You often use your right hand as a map of half the state and point to where you are from, if you were born in the Lower Peninsula. You can kind of use your left hand as the Upper Peninsula. Where I am from (northern Michigan), most schools close on the opening day of deer hunting season because so many teachers and students call in sick so they can go hunting. Where I am from, it can snow as early as October and as late as April or May. Where I am from, Canadian coins are accepted as change and given as change just like American coins, except for the Loonie...we don't take the Loonie. Where I am from, you either eat your coney dogs Flint style or Detroit style. And always with mustard and onions. In fact, that's the only time I put mustard on a hotdog.

Where I am from, my little hometown on the shores of Lake Huron, it is not unusual to hear a little Polish at a certain butcher shop because the butcher knows Polish to talk to some of the older customers, some of whom still feel more comfortable talking what they grew up talking (Polish). So, you sometimes hear "Dzien dobry" in the morning. In my hometown, there is a restaurant attached to the bowling alley (hey, the population is only 4500) that usually serves an all-Polish food buffet on Thursdays. All you can eat - $6, and that includes the duck blood soup. In my hometown, people buy their meats at the butcher, not at the grocery market. And there are two outstanding butcher shops for such a small town. In my hometown, there was a radio program every Saturday morning on the local radio station that was dedicated to playing Polish folk music and polkas for two hours. The man who hosted it recently died, so I think the show will die too...and that makes me sad. In my hometown, there are essentially two churches -- Catholic and Lutheran. My town is almost evenly divided between the churches and between Polish and German ancestry (I am half and half). On Christmas Eve, the Catholic Church has a 6 p.m. Mass and the schoolchildren from the Catholic school sing Christmas carols in Polish and the little old Polish ladies (who still wear scarves or kerchiefs on their heads at church) sing along in Polish too.

Fun thread.
i love a good pierogi

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #51
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sugar Land, Texas

I come from a town called Sugar Land, Texas. I was actually born about a mile from where i live now.In a very small 8 room hospital that still stands to this day. We have a sugar refinary here that closed down about 5 yrs ago built in 1853. now there making it into a museum. there use to be sugar plantations here too. There was nothing out here when i went to school , lots of cows and cotton fields mostly and a 1 screen movie house (torn down about 10yrs ago), oh and a few prisons.There was less than 4,000 that live here. Now there is mostly master plan communities all the fields are gone to big homes....
We have lots of big hospitals now. It really changed
80,000 live here now
Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #52
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I make GREAT perogi's...and we say it with an H sound for the g, not a hard G sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
i love a good pierogi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #53
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

When I first saw the title of this thread all I could think of is........

................from my mother and that's where I'm from

I'll be back at a later date to post again
When I return, it'll be as a grown up

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #54
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
LOL.....Gemme, where I come from, we call sweet corn bread (like that icky Jiffy mix) "Yankee Corn Bread". That stuff is more like cake!!!

Corn bread is cooked in a cast iron skillet, has a crunchy bottom and is really really tasty when "cracklin'" (little bits of crispy bacon) is added. Some people like to add jalepenos, but I'm not too fond of spicy things, myself....except women.

Cheers to you, Southern Lady!!!

~Theo~ .....proud to be Southern.
Many Cajuns and Southern black folk like their cornbread sweet, and it ain't out of the package when they make it. Just saying.

Um, I love a crunchy bottom
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #55
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation
Default San Diego

Where I come from...

...my high school principal surfed every morning before school. He drove an old yellow VW Bug and rode around with the board on top - in case the swells were awesome enough to head back after work.

...Christmas is a time for flip flops and a thin sweater, Christmas lights wrapped around palm trees, and snow is something you see only see on TV.

...cutting school meant racing to the beach for a day of seeing and being seen.

...everyone got a brand new car for their 16th birthday - usually a convertible (except for the handful of us that were middle-class - I got a used 1984 Cavalier in yellow with solid black vinyl interior).

...it's called a freeway (not a highway), it's called "THE 5" or "THE 15" when referring to said freeway, and no matter how much you resist - a touch of Valley Girl sneaks into your speech.

...Round Table Pizza, hole-in-the-wall Mexican joints, In-n-Out burger, and sun-baked unsweetened iced tea are a staple of survival.

...everyone thinks it a liberal place but it's actually very conservative in an odd way.

...kids in high school frequently get plastic surgery as birthday and graduation presents from their parents, looks are more important than skill or intelligence (though those are valued, too, if you're lucky enough to be blessed with both), and education is the highest standard (I was lucky in this way).

...people are nice, everyone is relaxed and social, and the speed is much more chill than my current location on the East Coast.
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #56
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Where I'm from the northsiders clash with the southsiders when it comes to baseball

Growing up gunshots and gangs weren't the main topic of conversation like it is today
Kids were safe to play outside without fear
You knew you better run home when the church bells rang or you'd miss dinner

Where I'm at now is much more peaceful
If you forget to lock your door at night, no one breaks in
I don't see graffiti all over the walls of buildings
Your neighbors to each side of you and across the street want to know you

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #57
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Where I come from what on the bar b que and at the road side stands is Tri-tip. If your not from there, you can google it. But warning, if your a carnivore, it will make you drool. Yes, Darling, its better even than bacon.

Where I come from its not hard to find a farmer who will let you do the after-pickins- its the picking that happens after the commercial picking is done. This means free food for canning, eating, baking, jelly-ing and can be the answer to a prayer if your not afraid of bees, hard work, and heat.

Where I come from a month of 110+ heat that sucks the life right out of your lungs is ok, cause at least its not 120.

Where I come from your 2 to 4 hours from every where ELSE you want to be, and not where anyone really WANTS to be.

Where I come from the languages and cultures collide with such diversity that if we are not trying to kill each other, then we are trying to sell our food to each other. Its not exactly tolerance, but it IS commerce.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #58
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

The county cultural fair will include a ( drumroll) TRACTOR PULL! Ok, so I know tractor pulls have been around forever, but I have to admit ( imagine my redneck shame) to never having been to one. So, I am a little excited to drive the wife and boy up in my big ass ugly truck, grab a funnel cake and watch some tractors blow up.

Where I'm from, we get our local news/ gossip from a tiny radio station WHEO 1270 on yer AM dial! I listen to it while playing taxi mornings and afternoons just to punish the boy for making me do it.. LOL! I can find out who has gotten married, arrested, had a birthday, died, or made any land purchases. I can also find out about "stink bugs" also known as "assasin beetles" or holistic colon hydrotherapy or which quilting patterns are family " crests" or heirloom patterns from some of the local visitor spots. When I catch it at one of the three daily slots ( which I still have yet to get the times down), I can hear who needs what or who has what to sell on the Swap Shop. WOHOOO! On any given day I could purchase blue healer/ shitzu/yorkie/poodle mix pups, a few quarts of berries for canning/ freezing, some old video games, or a junked car.

Sprinkled between the talk segments is some of the oddest most eclectic music ever. Old timey gospel/ bluegrass/ Lynard Skynard/ Frank Sinatra.. hell, I even heard them playing Hendrix one day!

Thanks for all the stories of where you all are from... it definitely makes me look more closely at "Home".
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #59
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Where I'm from, you better plan an inside gathering for Thanksgiving if your home is near a soybean field, cuz they cut the beans then spread the chicken shit and let it sit a few weeks and get rained on and then plant the winter wheat. SO depending on when the beans were planted ya gonna smell chicken shit either at Thanksgiving or Christmas

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #60
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Where I'm from, you better plan an inside gathering for Thanksgiving if your home is near a soybean field, cuz they cut the beans then spread the chicken shit and let it sit a few weeks and get rained on and then plant the winter wheat. SO depending on when the beans were planted ya gonna smell chicken shit either at Thanksgiving or Christmas
Hey! AT least it's just chicken poo there! The plantation I used to live on would spread cow manure in the late fall for years. Then, in the last two years I lived out there, they started using a bio- engineered "recycled".. product from human waste facilities. You wanna talk about stench!

It may just be me, but for some reason the use of anything containing human by product in food grain production reallllllllly bothers me. It's like using human ( or sea bass) DNA in tomato production.. wtf???

Dude, if it gets too bad ya'll come up here for Thanksgiving! Bring da pups and we'll chow down poop free! Can't promise an exploding deep fried turkey, but we can usually pull together a decent spread!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: