Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #421
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default early prediction

if the Phillies and the Giants can be just a little better than the Cardnials

I think it will be the Phillies and the Bo Sox in the world series.....

I like to see the get into the play offs......thats all.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #422
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I should be in San Francisco!
----

Pirates beat the Giants last night. 5 to Nothing. Much better. Garrett Jones had a great Game. I was reading the re cap in the sports section.
---

Did you stay up all for the entire game At Last? Did Micheal McHenry
(our little 5'7 catcher) catch any of the Giants standing too far from the bag? I get so psyched up when he nails them with that rifle arm of his. At home, when he does that, and he does it alot....the organ player plays the theme from pink panther.....

Hey talk about a Cinderella story....that would be Micheal. He gets an opportunity to play in the majors because both of our catchers went down with injuries with in two days of each other, at the same time our WONDERFUL minor league prospect catcher got beaned and broke his jaw....and the Sox gave us Micheal...and he gets to play every day, and turns into something special....

sending some more good ju ju to San Fran, since I couldn't be there!

I believe.

Last edited by Dominique; 08-09-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: error/what else
Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #423
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I should be in San Francisco!
----

Pirates beat the Giants last night. 5 to Nothing. Much better. Garrett Jones had a great Game. I was reading the re cap in the sports section.
---

Did you stay up all for the entire game At Last? Did Micheal McHenry
(our little 5'7 catcher) catch any of the Giants standing too far from the bag? I get so psyched up when he nails them with that rifle arm of his. At home, when he does that, and he does it alot....the organ player plays the theme from pink panther.....

Hey talk about a Cinderella story....that would be Micheal. He gets an opportunity to play in the majors because both of our catchers went down with injuries with in two days of each other, at the same time our WONDERFUL minor league prospect catcher got beaned and broke his jaw....and the Sox gave us Micheal...and he gets to play every day, and turns into something special....

sending some more good ju ju to San Fran, since I couldn't be there!

I believe.
Yes, damn it, you should be here! Oh, yes, I watched the entire game- I really am a baseball fanatic and even while losing, I'm thinking about what needs to happen during the next game.

Yes, Micheal is very special- have to agree. Wish we had him after Posey got hurt. Whiteside makes some awful mental errors while catching (although last night, he made some great defensive plays) and other than Stewart's arm, I don't see him as great catcher material.

Actually, Pittsburgh has some fantastic talent.

OK, I will admit that it did feel pretty good to see the Pirates break their 10 game losing streak- but damn, SF had just broken our 8 game losing streak!!! Both Colorado and Az lost, so we are OK. But, SF has got to get going offensively.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #424
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Greetings from Pittsburgh At Last....are you at the game? WE should be there

The very last thing I heard before I went to sleep last night was Bumgarner was pitching for the Giants. I had a sinking feeling. Woke up this morning, after dreaming about snow....only to here 15 seconds of baseball on the news, (i/e we've fallen off the radar, we lost again)
------

I arrive at work a few hours later, after i worked out and stuff.....and my Boss said to me "Oh, I thought you took today off to go to a Pirate game....what time is the game?" [me] 3:00p our time..........> right over her head. [her] Good!, you can help me draft this discovery until it's time to go. [me] Discovery? will that be before dark? [her] before Labor day I hope..... DAMN WORKAHOLIC!

As I am typing this, she just had a significant interruption, so I am keeping myself occupied and I tapped in on her smart phone to see we are winning 4 to 1. She has sports tap as an app on her phone! (mmm, thinking maybe I loaded that). I'm still in my bicycle to work clothes...no sense in changing, when she is writing Discovery, NO ONE see's me.....It's like theater. She always she didn't become an attorney to be an actress
uugh, 4 to 2....you're clawing your way back.......
___

Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #425
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default FINAL SCORE

Pirates take two out of three from the Giants 9 to 2....

i'm going home now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #426
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Pirates take two out of three from the Giants 9 to 2....

i'm going home now.
UGH... SF stunk!! Lately, it is like watching a whole different team! Frankly, we were winning more when some of the guys that were hurt were out and replaced by rookies.

Now, Beltran is out. So is Burrell and Freddie.. and Posey...

I want a new batting coach.....

The Pirates played somr great ball during this series- I think they will take their conference and then some! Nice to see actually- been a long time for them. Andrew McCutchin is one ball player!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #427
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Ugh..... just ugh....

GO Giants!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #428
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Ugh..... just ugh....

GO Giants!!!
Well, we are still loosing to the Brewers, and we need to be beating them. I think they've given up on the dream team....as I said we are getting 15 seconds of sports coverage. Also, the ball park is selling specials again to get fan's in......and they already announced an increase in ticket prices. But realistically, can you go to any major league game and sit in the cheap seats for $8.00, a little better for $10.00 and not too bad for $12.00?

I sit in club seats and they sell for $58.00.....but I don't pay $58.....huge discount to season ticket holders, but really.....isn't that extremely affordable and I don't care if we've been the worst team in baseball for 18 years.....(hell, parking can be $25.00) of course, we ride bicycles. FREE!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #429
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I always find August to be crazy in baseball. The post-trade struggles to jell together and the (hopefully) injured players getting back always seem to have August in a mess. Teams know that the race to the play-offs is on for real.

I am not seeing the teamwork right now in SF. Just a lot of trying to figure a way to merge talent to try and make-up for deficits. What is making me nuts are the veteran players taking pitches like rookies!

SF won yesterday and drove in 5 runs- whew! But, we shall see............ today they start a series in Atlanta.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #430
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

I was watching a sports talk show and they have mathmatically decided it's impossible for us now, and we will loose 90 to 95 games again. I keep meaning to look this up and figure out if that was inflamatory. The Brew Crew swept us too.

I, for one, will be very happy to see those minor league players get back up here. That's how we were winning. They played with the same fire Micheal McHenry plays with each night. He snagged two again last night. One trying to steal second on him, The Second baseman was actually waiting on the runner, the ball was so precisely thrown, and another one was someone taking too big of a lead at first.

We have the WORST hitting in baseball. I know I talked about that earlier in the season. I don't know why this hitting coach still has his job. Where we were, and where we are. Wow. Just wow. The basement Bucs.

I'll keep going to the games and cheering them on. I can't help but think how dissapointing this is for the players.

They come home today (to rain)....hopefully its better than the last homestand.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #431
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

August baseball always makes me crazy. The BoSox just dropped 2 of 3 to Seattle. We play 3 in 2 days with Tampa Bay and then the Yanks come to town.

The Blue Jays are surging out of nowhere. The White Sox are making a run for it. The White Sox? Really?

It's August. Let the fun begin.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #432
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

August baseball always makes me crazy. The BoSox just dropped 2 of 3 to Seattle. We play 3 in 2 days with Tampa Bay and then the Yanks come to town.

The Blue Jays are surging out of nowhere. The White Sox are making a run for it. The White Sox? Really?

It's August. Let the fun begin.

I know, August tears me up!! SF lost yesterday to Atlanta in the bottom of the 9th after holding a great lead. Brian Wilson just blew it.

Geez, the BoSox were on a roll last month! Yellow's Pirates are also having the "August" whackos.... Yeah, the White Sox?

Craziness abounds!!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #433
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I was watching a sports talk show and they have mathmatically decided it's impossible for us now, and we will loose 90 to 95 games again. I keep meaning to look this up and figure out if that was inflamatory. The Brew Crew swept us too.

I, for one, will be very happy to see those minor league players get back up here. That's how we were winning. They played with the same fire Micheal McHenry plays with each night. He snagged two again last night. One trying to steal second on him, The Second baseman was actually waiting on the runner, the ball was so precisely thrown, and another one was someone taking too big of a lead at first.

We have the WORST hitting in baseball. I know I talked about that earlier in the season. I don't know why this hitting coach still has his job. Where we were, and where we are. Wow. Just wow. The basement Bucs.

I'll keep going to the games and cheering them on. I can't help but think how dissapointing this is for the players.

They come home today (to rain)....hopefully its better than the last homestand.
Hey, I have been wanting the SF batting coach outta' there for a long time. Our respective teams must be the worst in the league offensively. Makes me crazy!!! But, I am forever a Giants fan- had many more years of them losing than winning and stuck with them. Right now, I don't recognize them! They have had a couple of games with much better hitting, but my gut says.. UGH!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #434
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

are in a three game series with the Cardnials, then the Reds then the brewers. We have to win them all. Thats who is ahead of us in the division. Ryan Doumit caught the game last night, Micheal Mchenry is a better catcher, but Ryan has that bat, and he's good on both sides of the dish. He went four for four with a go ahead home run. I've always liked him because he's a scrapper. He's been on the trading block for two years now, and I wish they'd just trade him and let him get on with his career. He'd do well in the AL as a DH.....there is some talk of converting him to a firstbaseman. So Derek Lee, who was hit by a pitch in the second game he played for us, it's finally been determined he has a broken wrist. UUUGH.

I'm like you At Last, I cheer for what ever is on the field. Three more week end home series.....6 more weeks of regular play. Fast season when you're having fun. We are currently 56-63.....well, we only won 56 games all last season....so that comment by the sportscaster was inflamatory. Someday I'll learn, they are not fans. There job is to have viewers.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #435
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
are in a three game series with the Cardnials, then the Reds then the brewers. We have to win them all. Thats who is ahead of us in the division. Ryan Doumit caught the game last night, Micheal Mchenry is a better catcher, but Ryan has that bat, and he's good on both sides of the dish. He went four for four with a go ahead home run. I've always liked him because he's a scrapper. He's been on the trading block for two years now, and I wish they'd just trade him and let him get on with his career. He'd do well in the AL as a DH.....there is some talk of converting him to a firstbaseman. So Derek Lee, who was hit by a pitch in the second game he played for us, it's finally been determined he has a broken wrist. UUUGH.

I'm like you At Last, I cheer for what ever is on the field. Three more week end home series.....6 more weeks of regular play. Fast season when you're having fun. We are currently 56-63.....well, we only won 56 games all last season....so that comment by the sportscaster was inflamatory. Someday I'll learn, they are not fans. There job is to have viewers.
Oh, yeah... love scrappers!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #436
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Pirates beat the Cards again in extra innings. Garrett Jones hit a walk off home run into the river!... Garrett has a good bat but for some reason, they kept playing Overpaid instead of Jones. Now Atlast, I know you got a sneak peak of Andrew McCutchen....we know how talented he is here in the Burgh. Apparently this is what the sports writers in St louis wanted to talk about.....In the top of the 11th, 2 outs and a runner on first, Albert Pujols comes up to bat, Pirates had a slight pull to the right on Pujols, and Pujols hits it to left center. McCutchen being McCutchen, got on his horse and ran the ball down, just shagged it as if it was a routine catch, no dive and ran it in. Pujols slammed his batting helmet to the ground.It wasn't a pretty win, we left runners on base in 9th and 10th innings and struck out 10 times.....but we've taken two of three from the cards...Maybe a sweep tonight......Not many balls have been hit into the river....this is the Pirate parrott waving the jolly roger

Old 08-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #437
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Pirates beat the Cards again in extra innings. Garrett Jones hit a walk off home run into the river!... Garrett has a good bat but for some reason, they kept playing Overpaid instead of Jones. Now Atlast, I know you got a sneak peak of Andrew McCutchen....we know how talented he is here in the Burgh. Apparently this is what the sports writers in St louis wanted to talk about.....In the top of the 11th, 2 outs and a runner on first, Albert Pujols comes up to bat, Pirates had a slight pull to the right on Pujols, and Pujols hits it to left center. McCutchen being McCutchen, got on his horse and ran the ball down, just shagged it as if it was a routine catch, no dive and ran it in. Pujols slammed his batting helmet to the ground.It wasn't a pretty win, we left runners on base in 9th and 10th innings and struck out 10 times.....but we've taken two of three from the cards...Maybe a sweep tonight......Not many balls have been hit into the river....this is the Pirate parrott waving the jolly roger
Love this! Yes, A. McCutchen was thrilling to watch! Pure athleticism and smarts!

Th Giants lost another heartbreaker last night again to Atlanta. over half of our starting team is out on injuries1 Both the trade players, Keppinger & Baltran are hurt. Burrill, Nate the Great, F Sanchez are out, too. I think Sandovol broke his foot now, too. I haven't been able to take a look yet.

I think SF is out, way out of contention for even our conference now. Damn!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #438
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to hear the Jolly Rogers are turning things around.

The Sox are messin up again. We are on the way to losing 2 of 3 with Tampa Bay. Then head to KC - who mopped the floor with us the last time, then to Texas who usually mops the floor with us anytime, then Oakland where we stand a chance before the Yankees show down.

The good news is, we turned an around the horn triple play yesterday. It was the first triple for us in 17 years and the first around the horn since 1954. A bright spot in an otherwise yucky series.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #439
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Glad to hear the Jolly Rogers are turning things around.

The Sox are messin up again. We are on the way to losing 2 of 3 with Tampa Bay. Then head to KC - who mopped the floor with us the last time, then to Texas who usually mops the floor with us anytime, then Oakland where we stand a chance before the Yankees show down.

The good news is, we turned an around the horn triple play yesterday. It was the first triple for us in 17 years and the first around the horn since 1954. A bright spot in an otherwise yucky series.
Phooey! The Sox are my American League team!! Hummm... I could go watch them against the A's..... I want to go to one more SF game, too.

August is so tense!!!

Where the heck is Hack? Want to know from a Detroit fan about the Tigers.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #440
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Phooey! The Sox are my American League team!! Hummm... I could go watch them against the A's..... I want to go to one more SF game, too.

August is so tense!!!

Do you have winter there? Neil walker tweeted it was 72 degrees before one of the games and it was almost 100 here, yet we are the same latitude......September can have some cold nights, not that we've been in any play offs for 20 years, October can mirror April.....You know cold enough to snow! Please, lets not rush it, I'm not ready to put the kayaks away yet. I still say the Bo sox and the Giants in the World series.....Philly is starting to cool down some (but have you checked out Atlanta??? )