katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

eight mintues left and I am still not pissed off!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #82
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I haven't been on a whole lot the last week or so and not watching my usual news shows - had company and was off a few days camping. So, tonight zi read about another young gay man that took his life that has been bullied by other school kids. I'm pissed, but much, more in terms of a growing sadness about these cases. Mainly, my anger is at both school districts as well as parents that either put up with this (or dismiss bullying) or just plain have their heads up their butts about the seriousness of it. Recently, I have been thinking about during this time and what is going on, would I have taken my own son out of public school and home schooled him. Sure, kids can be cruel, but this is NOT even close to anything that is acceptable.

I am thinking that perhaps this needs to go as far as making school officials personally liable- as in criminally negligent- if they do not deal with bullying. All school districts should have teacher and administrative in-service training about bullying as well as workshops for parents (including identifying your own child as a bully). And parents that don't do something about their bullying kids ought to be liable criminally as well. And bring on the civil suits for wrongful death!!

Parents need to know the signs of bullying going beyond "kid cruelty" (fergoddessakes, could we define the damn difference!) and know they have support and some teeth behind them that will protect their kids.

It just seems like no one gives a damn about how this behavior is out of control and needs to be stopped!

Sorry- rambling. But thanks, the Planet, for giving me a place in which to vent!
yup... I'm pissed.... sorry, no spell check..
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #83
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

ALH, I could not agree with you more!!!! and lets not forget about teachers as well. ABCnews did a special one week ago about bullying and the one teacher interviewed admitted that she has seen bullying but was unsure what she could do about it. Back in my day a teacher would have grabbed the ear lobe of the bully and carted them off to the prinicipal's office. Now a days that would be considered inappropriate and the teacher would be disciplined. But there are things that the school staff can and should do up to an including the Board of Schools! Time is awasting while lives are being lost!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #84
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I can't get to sleep...
stressing about a particular job post...
my sister's selfishness...
thinking about how my life has been affected in such a negative way by a certain someone I've never met (and how they are clueless to how their actions have affected and hurt others)
my PTSD...
how horrible my best friend is being treated and abused by self-righteous, "entitled", arrogant, destructive management personnel that think they are above the law...
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #85
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation

the ny yankees

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #86
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Helping out someone who I consider a friend, still do but will rethink that if she doesn't start acting right. Now, almost a year later, I am being ignored when I ask for my money back. When she knows how hard it is for me right now. When she knows I am having to ask my 70 year old father for friggin help just to keep a roof over my head. But she can buy a new car, take vacations and such, all the while I am in the fight of my life just to have a place to live. Fuck all that. Pay me back. Right now.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #87
tuffboi29

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..in the queer deffinition of the queer meaning of the queer word...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. SuperTuff
Relationship Status:
Things happen...

tuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputation

There was a safe community Trick-or-Treat outing in town today.

Some cheap *#$^%@& gave away coupons.

To get your nails done.

To my sons.
"Today we would pass through the scenes of our youth like travelers. We are burnt up by hard facts; like tradesmen we understand distinctions, and like butchers, necessities. We are no longer untroubled - we are indifferent. We might exist there; but, should we really live there?"

~Erich Maria Remarque "All Quiet on the Western Front"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4605968_n.jpg
tuffboi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuffboi29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #88
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Finding out that my Nieces father, who has NEVER held a real job in the past 24 years that I've known him, has landed a job as a shipping coordinator for a large company. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him. I'm going at the idea that he landed such a job with no experience and I can't find a job like that with 25 yrs experience. WTF! Yeah it pisses me off cuz I know my resume gets thrown in the trash quick as they see a girl name at the top of it.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #89
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thumbs down

I have not been pissed off in days. But this really http://www.autostraddle.com/hate-spe...cruiter-63569/ yanked my chain!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #90
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Stupid dumbass Phillies
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #91
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

People. Fear. Feeling second class. Not being able to understand.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #92
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Incompetent, lazy nurses who have not a shred of compassion or human decency left. We are not dealing with inanimate objects people!! If you can't treat people with the dignity and respect they deserve, if you can't see your way clear to do your damn job...then get a job working in a hardware store, or shoe store, or anything else that doesn't involve you holding another human being's health and life in your hands. DOG DAMMIT!!!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #93
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

An unsolicited brochure from an Oakland, CA based radio station—Family Radio, arrived in my mail, today. They wanted me to know that "HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGEMENT DAY ON MAY 21, 2011." Then they shared other selective tidbits, about God and his scriptures, quoting many verses. Apparently they missed the verse that says, no one will know, when the judgement will come. Yet one more shining example, of how whackos can be found in all religious faiths.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #94
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

DAMN CAT, nuff said
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #95
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
Incompetent, lazy nurses who have not a shred of compassion or human decency left. We are not dealing with inanimate objects people!! If you can't treat people with the dignity and respect they deserve, if you can't see your way clear to do your damn job...then get a job working in a hardware store, or shoe store, or anything else that doesn't involve you holding another human being's health and life in your hands. DOG DAMMIT!!!
We could seriously talk, must be epidemic, lol
Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #96
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The process of bug bombing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #97
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Both heels came apart on my North Face boots. Expensive brand names don't mean shit.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #98
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Both heels came apart on my North Face boots. Expensive brand names don't mean shit.
I hate it when that happens...and why is it always an expensive pair?
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #99
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Jet, you may just want to contact the manufacturer. My mom had a crock pot lid handle break and the company sent her a whole new crock pot. It is worth a shot...
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #100
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Jet, I'd be in tears if that happened to me but yes, call the manufacturer!

My co-workers pissed me off, immature cry baby sissys......gaaaaaaaa