Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #2681
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 21,524 Times in 10,013 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I'm halfway through "The Last Girl" and hope to start on "LeatherFolk: Radical Sex, People, Politics, and Practice" before my Brother and I start a road trip on Friday where he demands we listen to the latest Stephen King novel, "End of Watch".
Can you let me know how "End of Watch" goes? I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, but this one looked a little to gruesome for me
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #2682
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme who is High on Life
Preferred Pronoun?:
Pumpkin
Relationship Status:
So very unavailable.

Thanked 39,985 Times in 7,435 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Can you let me know how "End of Watch" goes? I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, but this one looked a little to gruesome for me
Will do, homoe! I suspect it's going to be pretty gruesome because the character is in his meanest state. And EEEEKKKKK!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 07:46 PM   #2683
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,424 Times in 1,246 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

"Come Visit Me Softly" poetry by Leah S Taylor. One amazing women I had the pleasure meeting. The photography is amazing and taken by Tiffany Couch.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #2684
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 20,099 Times in 6,697 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Whistler (J. Grisham, 2016).

I'm still reading Nora Ephron's anthology of works, but I came across an news release about John Grisham's latest book and read a few lines of the opening chapter. I think I will try to find a copy of it at the book store. Looks like a good read.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 05:26 PM   #2685
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I'm still reading Nora Ephron's anthology of works, but I came across an news release about John Grisham's latest book and read a few lines of the opening chapter. I think I will try to find a copy of it at the book store. Looks like a good read.
Katzchen is that book titled The Whistler?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #2686
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Katzchen is that book titled The Whistler?
Yes.

It's in the title of my post (The Whistler -- J. Grisham, 2016).
Old 10-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #2687
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Yes.

It's in the title of my post (The Whistler -- J. Grisham, 2016).
Damn, I'm just out of it today I guess...LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #2688
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,656 Times in 614 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #2689
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Gravel Butch
Relationship Status:
Beauty

Thanked 4,288 Times in 839 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen and before that The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott. I just started To Kill a Mockingbird.
Wrang1er is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #2690
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Latino Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
you know
Relationship Status:
Whole, Present, Real-time only.

Thanked 5,108 Times in 1,751 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default CP

"My Name Is Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok

One of my favorite authors, and one of my
favorite novels. His "The Chosen" is
also great writing.

Greco

"My friend told me today, this restaurant he was in had a sign. "No Wifi, imagine it's 1995 and talk to each other.""

Phil Sr/Youtube
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #2691
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Pumpkin
Relationship Status:
So very unavailable.

Quote:
Homoe!

Just finished "End of Watch" and found it to be entertaining! If you liked the first two you will probably like this one. It's classic King, decent writing and gory as hell in some places while being wrapped in a nostalgic kind of fantasy.

I enjoyed it. It's a quick read (or listen in my case since I did the audiobook).
Old 10-31-2016, 05:11 PM   #2692
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
QueerFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Fulfilled

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,810 Times in 842 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

"Uniform Combined State Law Exam, Series 66, 9th Edition"... and I am sick to death of it! UGH

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #2693
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Pumpkin
Relationship Status:
So very unavailable.

For fun, I just started "Fellside" by M. R. Carey. I loved "The Girl With All the Gifts" so much by the same author that I had to see what this one was about!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #2694
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 6,937 Times in 2,191 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

The Little Stranger ~ Sarah Waters

No book report just yet...
Fancy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #2695
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Pumpkin
Relationship Status:
So very unavailable.

I finished "Fellside" several days ago and it was good. Entertaining if a little psychic-dramery.

Downloaded "City of Mirrors" by Justin Cronin. It's the final in his "Passage" series and a hefty 30 hours on audio. But I've got a road trip coming up and several days during Thanksgiving so I think I can get through it.

School is out in 3 weeks and I never want to read another Education Policy book as long as I live.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #2696
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
not a saint
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
Daddy's favorite spot <3

Thanked 8,844 Times in 2,139 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just finished re-reading Needful Things, it is a favorite of mine for reasons unknown

Started reading Odd Thomas. I have seen the movie, but the book series is 7-8 books so I am excited
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #2697
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

I found an interesting book to read, the other day, while wandering around the skilled nursing facility (pt/ot rehab).

Title : King Larry | The Life and Ruins Of A Billionaire Genius.
Author: James D. Scurlock.
Publisher: Scribner, 2012.

I've only read the introduction, a mere few pages, but the author gives meticulous attention to the man who gave birth to DHL, which was doing business long before FedEx (50 year head start) and how Larry Hillblom was not only a business genius but how his behavioral choices, hiding in plain sight, would be the long remembered undoing of his so called financial empire (and not his business acumen).

I haven't even finished with chapter one and already give it a huge props. Very good book. Very enlightening. Tragic story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #2698
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,028 Times in 7,524 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default They left us everything : a memoir / Plum Johnson.

After almost twenty years of caring for elderly parents -- first for their senile father, and then for their cantankerous ninety-three-year old mother -- author Plum Johnson and her three younger brothers have finally fallen to their middle-aged knees with conflicted feelings of grief and relief.

Now they must empty and sell the beloved family home, twenty-three rooms bulging with history, antiques, and oxygen tanks. Plum thought: How tough will that be?

I know how to buy garbage bags. But the task turns out to be much harder and more rewarding than she ever imagined.

Items from childhood trigger difficult memories of her eccentric family growing up in the 1950s and '60s, but unearthing new facts about her parents helps her reconcile those relationships, with a more accepting perspective about who they were and what they valued.

They Left Us Everything is a funny, touching memoir about the importance of preserving family history to make sense of the past, and nurturing family bonds to safeguard the future.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2016, 09:24 PM   #2699
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 14,637 Times in 3,649 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

ever hear of Christopher Barzak? Barzack? He writes these incredible horror novels that make my spine tingle as I read....his way with words breath life into every page and I often cant put his books down until completely read. One of them was recently made into a movie. I am reading one now about a young man who finds a long dead girl shape shifted into a red fox, while he is living in Japan against his will. Keeps me up at night for hours....
Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #2700
Arden

How Do You Identify?:
Female, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
"and if you help me to start again, you know that I'll be there for you in the end. "

Arden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two at a time

I'm reading bits and pieces of two books currently

Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain - an interesting read on neuropsychology by Daniel Siegel

Blind to Betrayal: Why We Fool Ourselves We Aren't being Fooled - about the reasons people tend to "bond" with those who are abusive to them by Jennifer Freyd (she's got a research lab at the University of Oregon)

I do sometimes read for purely pleasure though often read related to my work, which is the reason for my current choices. A move about 2 years ago has lead to the loss of a huge public library system resulting in less pleasure reading since I don't want to buy those books.

Tags
books, reading