Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #3641
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

The shooting at Vegas is so tragic, again peoples lives cut short while they were having and sharing happy moments.
My heart goes out to all those families that are affected.
The world is getting crazy.
It's going to take a long time to heal America.
I hope you make it a better place for the future generations, this can't go on.
Love will always find a way, and is always stronger.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #3642
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

U.S. opposes UN resolution against death penalty for same-sex relations

The U.S. on Sept. 29 voted against a U.N. Human Rights Council resolution that condemns the death penalty for those found guilty of committing consensual same-sex sexual acts.
The resolution — which Belgium, Benin, Costa Rica, France, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia and Switzerland introduced — passed by a 27-13 vote margin.
Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa, Togo, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Albania, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Slovenia, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, El Salvador, Panama, Paraguay, Venezuela, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland and the U.K. supported the resolution. Botswana, Burundi, Egypt, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, China, India, Iraq, Japan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates joined the U.S. in opposing it.

Kenya, Nigeria, Tunisia, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea and Cuba abstained.

The resolution specifically condemns “the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations” and expresses “serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women.” It also notes “poor and economically vulnerable persons and foreign nationals are disproportionately subjected to the death penalty, that laws carrying the death penalty are used against persons exercising their rights to freedom of expression, thought, conscience, religion, and peaceful assembly and association, and that persons belonging to religious or ethnic minorities are disproportionately represented among those sentenced to the death penalty.”

I'm just going to be triggered forever i guess. Massacre on Monday, official endorsement of our executions on Tuesday, emboldened rapists and nazis prowling the streets all year, whole classes of people excluded from medical care, criminalization of body autonomy

this is a culture of death
Old 10-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #3643
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I knew it would be bad in almost every facet of life if Trump became president but I never imagined lunatics and every day haters would be given carte blanche to fucking kill us, too, for "consensual same-sex relations" (among other things).

Some days I think I will just lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
U.S. opposes UN resolution against death penalty for same-sex relations

The U.S. on Sept. 29 voted against a U.N. Human Rights Council resolution that condemns the death penalty for those found guilty of committing consensual same-sex sexual acts.
The resolution — which Belgium, Benin, Costa Rica, France, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia and Switzerland introduced — passed by a 27-13 vote margin.
Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Rwanda, South Africa, Togo, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Albania, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Slovenia, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, El Salvador, Panama, Paraguay, Venezuela, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland and the U.K. supported the resolution. Botswana, Burundi, Egypt, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, China, India, Iraq, Japan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates joined the U.S. in opposing it.

Kenya, Nigeria, Tunisia, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Korea and Cuba abstained.

The resolution specifically condemns “the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations” and expresses “serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women.” It also notes “poor and economically vulnerable persons and foreign nationals are disproportionately subjected to the death penalty, that laws carrying the death penalty are used against persons exercising their rights to freedom of expression, thought, conscience, religion, and peaceful assembly and association, and that persons belonging to religious or ethnic minorities are disproportionately represented among those sentenced to the death penalty.”

I'm just going to be triggered forever i guess. Massacre on Monday, official endorsement of our executions on Tuesday, emboldened rapists and nazis prowling the streets all year, whole classes of people excluded from medical care, criminalization of body autonomy

this is a culture of death

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #3644
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

So sorry! Wrong thread

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #3645
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

At Least 25 People Shot in Texas Church Massacre.

From what has been reported, shooter was chased down and shot dead. Small town 30 miles southeast of San Antonio. I'm sure there will be more to report as investigation continues.

It's a very small community, approx 600 people there.

Why, why, why?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #3646
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
At Least 25 People Shot in Texas Church Massacre.

From what has been reported, shooter was chased down and shot dead. Small town 30 miles southeast of San Antonio. I'm sure there will be more to report as investigation continues.

It's a very small community, approx 600 people there.

Why, why, why?
This is a sad day for all Texans. My heart is broken for our Sutherland Springs neighbors.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 02:08 AM   #3647
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This is a sad day for all Texans. My heart is broken for our Sutherland Springs neighbors.
Our hearts are out to you and the survivors of this massacre!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #3648
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Muslims who kill are terrorists. White men who kill have "mental instability" but access to all the guns they want.

When will the time come to talk about all this so it doesn't keep happening? If not now, then when?

This was the deadliest killing in the United States....in 35 days.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #3649
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, dear leader grunted this morning about this latest massacre. He said it was a mental illness issue, not a guns issues. But here are the facts:

IF republicans had their way, mental health funding would be sharply reduced and drowned in a bathtub.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...verage-n733601

http://time.com/4829381/senate-healt...lth-insurance/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ress/99432896/

I could link 30 more articles but you get the drift.

You know what I'm sick of? These politicians telling us all that their "thoughts and prayers" are with the victims. Thoughts and prayers are just fine indeed, but ACTIONS prove to make an immediate difference. Sane gun legislation will make a difference. Remember the bump-stock 'debate' (for 5 minutes?) It didn't go anywhere, still mass produced and still on the market.

The Texas states attorney general had the fucking nerve to say that we need more guns in church! Really? LEO at the Colorado Wal-Mart last week, yesterday? Hell, I can not keep track of this mayhem, are saying there were so many guns drawn at the store, they didn't know who was the bad guy.

More than half of yesterdays victims were children.

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2017, 06:29 AM   #3650
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sheriff Lupe Valdez resigned her position, effective next week, to run for governor of Texas. Valdez is in her fourth term and is the country’s only Hispanic lesbian sheriff. She’s one of just a few female sheriffs in Texas.

https://www.dallasvoice.com/breaking...medium=twitter

This is such great news for women, the LGBTQ community, Hispanics and more importantly, Texas. She'll be a fantastic Governor.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #3651
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Powerful photos show Australians celebrating same-sex marriage win 🌈

This is such an uplifting Twitter thread! So much love . . .

https://twitter.com/i/moments/938855204115636225

Old 12-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #3652
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default A little late but so important, regardless!

Tweet today:

The Associated Press (@AP)
12/11/17, 10:07 AM

BREAKING: Pentagon says it will allow transgender people to enlist in the military beginning Jan. 1, despite Trump's opposition.

~Washington Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #3653
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

The AP just called it! Senator Doug Jones!
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #3654
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
I had to log on because I could not believe my ears or my eyes!

Am I hallucinating??

Is it possible that there is any chance Moore could get some extra votes from somewhere?

I have regained a tiny bit of faith in humankind.

Thank you Alabama!!!

~Washington Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #3655
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hopefully Moore won’t demand a recount, as the Alabama Supreme Court ( of which Moore was a Justice) just reversed something today that said ballots have to be kept and protected. I can see ballots getting thrown out from here........

** it was digital ballots that don’t have to be preserved in the Senate race.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #3656
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Such great news. I went to bed last night with hope for the first time since the 2016 election. I had forgotten what hope felt like!

I love it when the good guy wins.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #3657
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

The Republicans just defeated net neutrality.

Ends rules from 2015, that were put into place to keep the internet open and fair.

Off course they did.

Next, the legal fight.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1E62SQ

More info from a post I made yesterday in politics:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...eutrality-vote

PLEASE NOTE: Pai used to be an executive at Verizon. No vested interest?

He thinks he's funny? Article from Fortune.com

"FCC Head Ajit Pai Jokes About Being Verizon’s 'Puppet' Ahead of Net Neutrality Rollback"

http://fortune.com/2017/12/09/fcc-he...et-neutrality/

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2017, 12:10 AM   #3658
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

'Intentional' event redirects cloud traffic from Apple, Google & others through Russia

By Roger Fingas

Thursday, December 14, 2017, 06:52 am PT (09:52 am ET)

Internet traffic coming into and out of Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and other companies was briefly redirected through a Russian provider on Wednesday, in what appears to have been a deliberate move.

The incident involved the Border Gateway Protocol, or BGP, which funnels high-level traffic through nodes like internet backbones, according to Ars Technica, citing reports by monitoring services BGPMon and Qrator Labs. BGPMon recorded two three-minute hijacks, affecting 80 address blocks in total. Qrator Labs said the incident spanned two hours, with the number of address blocks fluctuating between 40 and 80.

Some reasons for suspicion include the prominence of the impacted companies, and the fact that IP addresses were split into smaller blocks than those announced by the companies —something that doesn't normally happen with a BGP configuration error.

The autonomous Russian system that performed the hijack, known as AS39523, was previously inactive for years except for another BGP incident in August that involved Google.

It's unknown what might been done with data if the latest redirect was deliberate, since much or all of it would've been protected by encryption that has yet to be defeated, at least according to public knowledge.

An attacker could conceivably have figured out decryption, attempted to crack it, or may be storing the data for future attacks.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...through-russia

~Washington Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 05:47 PM   #3659
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Did you know? (Late Breaking News from last year)

Sooo, last year, while working cross word puzzles, I noticed that the publisher of most crossword puzzle magazines featured conservative thinking processes akin to neo-republican political agenda. It's hard, if not non-existent, to find crossword puzzles that are politically non-partisan.

So, today I went looking for news on who owns TV programs, programming for TV stations, and other news media. It turns out that the reason I see news articles with an over arching desire to inculcate republican conservative agenda is that.....

An conservative media empire known as The Sinclair Broadcast group. This group is SO BIG (Think Gene Rayburn of TV Match Game shows of the 1970s), that they've bought up publishing interests (local newspapers) called The Tribune. This behemoth of an entity pander to the current administration and the current administration appointed someone from their own ranks to rewrite FCC policy so that the Sinclair interests will be able to control more TV and newspaper content.

Anyway.... here's an link to a well researched news article about how Trump has found a way to control a huge share of the news media market (ogliopoly) and why no one can get news worthy articles from any news agency that hadn't been gobbled up by .... you know who.

Btw, my research turned up other interesting items too, like the TV show Jeopardy host is republican and that major cable service providers are notoriously owned by those whose pockets are branded as republican party owners. ***boooo! ***

LINK TO ARTICLE:

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/15/155982...news-explained

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #3660
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pretty exciting and positive news!

Cynthia Nixon is running for Governor of New York!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/1...ww.google.com/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news