Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in Goodwill and there is this book, "Women who run with the wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Anybody read it?
Old 04-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #2742
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I'm in Goodwill and there is this book, "Women who run with the wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Anybody read it?
I've read it and I liked it (very helpful perspective, I totally endorse her process of thought ).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #2743
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

The 5 Love Languages, regular & Military editions.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #2744
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The 4 Percent Universe by Richard Panek. Popular science -- written by a journalist. Good.

Changes by Jim Butcher. Fantasy fiction. OK. Kinda tired of the character.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #2745
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I've been reading lighter reading materials, lately. I bought two magazines, the latest issues of Taproot (such a great read: cuisine, crafting, gardening, cultural goodness), and a reissued collectors edition by Vanity Fair on the Kennedy's.

The other magazines are local editions of reading materials featuring travel recommendations, fine dining, eclectic foodie adventures, best neighborhoods, and life (in general).

And, Condé Nast Traveler, the January issue, which features interesting places to visit in the Hawaiian Islands, Barbados, hidden beaches, and The Chilean Andes.

Best magazine, out of all of the ones I'm reading, turns out to be two: Northwest Travel & Life, and Taproot. I highly recommend both periodicals.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #2746
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

11.22.63 by Stephen King
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Tick Tock by Dean Kootz
The Chess Queen Enigma by Colleen Gleason
Streams of Silver by R.A. Salvatore

Yes, all at once, I juggle
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:00 PM   #2747
NavyButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir, Captain

NavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST Reputation

The autobiography of Chip and Joanna Gaines- from the show Fixer Upper (I really would like to meet them in person)

Barack & Michelle Obama- Farewell Speeches

of Thee I sing- A Letter to my Daughters - Barack Obama
NavyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NavyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:10 PM   #2748
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

On Beauty by Zadie Smith. So far, so good.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #2749
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign: by Jonathan Allen, Amie Parnes
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #2750
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Oooh, title please?
A Killing in Amish Country: Sex Betrayal and A Cold Blooded Murder by Greg Olsen and Rebecca Morris

At just 30 years old, with dark-blonde hair and freckles, Barbara Weaver was as pretty as the women depicted on the covers of her favorite "bonnet" stories - romance novels set in Amish America. Barbara had everything she'd ever wanted: five beautiful children, a home, her faith, and a husband named Eli. But while Barbara was happy to live as the Amish have for centuries - without modern conveniences, Eli was tempted by technology: cell phones, the Internet, and sexting. Online he called himself "Amish Stud" and found no shortage of "English" women looking for love and sex. Twice he left Barbara and their children, was shunned, begged for forgiveness, and had been welcomed back to the church. Barb Raber was raised Amish, but is now a Conservative Mennonite. She drove Eli to appointments in her car, and she gave him what he wanted when he wanted: a cell phone, a laptop, rides to his favorite fishing and hunting places, and, most importantly, sex. When Eli starts asking people to kill his wife for him, Barb offers to help. One night, just after Eli had hitched a ride with a group of men to go fishing in the hours before dawn, Barb Raber entered the Weaver house and shot Barbara Weaver in the chest at close range.It was only the third murder in hundreds of years of Amish life in America, and it fell to Edna Boyle, a young assistant prosecutor to seek justice for Barbara Weaver.

Product Identifiers
ISBN-10 1250067235
ISBN-13 9781250067234
Old 05-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #2751
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

this book was very influential to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #2752
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Todays chapter is Pivot tables in Excel.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #2753
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default "The Help"

Warning: triggers

I found the following article at The Atlantic. I think this, or a form of this brutality, happens more often in the States than is reported—particularly with immigrants from all over the world.

My Family’s Slave, by Alex Tizon
She lived with us for 56 years. She raised me and my siblings without pay. I was 11, a typical American kid, before I realized who she was.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-story/524490/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #2754
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

The Girl in the Leaves

Scott, an experienced true-crime writer, chronicles the bizarre and shocking true story of 13-year-old Sarah Maynard, who was the lone survivor in a crazed killer's spree that occurred in Apple Valley, Ohio, in the fall of 2010. Available in a tall Premium Edition. Original., THE STORY OF ONE OF THE MOST BIZARRE MASS MURDERS EVER RECORDED. AND THE GIRL WHO ESCAPED WITH HER LIFE. In the fall of 2010, in the all-American town of Apple Valley, Ohio, four people disappeared without a trace: Stephanie Sprang; her friend, Tina Maynard; and Tina's two children, thirteen-year-old Sarah and eleven-year-old Kody. Investigators began scouring the area, yet despite an extensive search, no signs of the missing people were discovered. On the fourth day of the search, evidence trickled in about neighborhood "weirdo" Matthew Hoffman. A police SWAT team raided his home and found an extremely disturbing sight: every square inch of the place was filled with leaves and a terrified Sarah Maynard was bound up in the middle of it like some sort of perverted autumn tableau. But there was no trace of the others. Then came Hoffman's confession to an unspeakable crime that went beyond murder and defied all reason. His tale of evil would make Sarah's survival and rescue all the more astonishing--a compelling tribute to a young girl's resilience and courage and to her fierce determination to reclaim her life in the wake of unimaginable wickedness.

Product Identifiers
ISBN-10 0425258823
ISBN-13 9780425258828

Key Details
Author Larry Maynard, Robert Scott, Sarah Maynard
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #2755
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Book Woo Woo

I just happened to be gifted three incredibly good books, all hard back editions, today.

The Painted House | John Grisham (2000, Doubleday Publishers)

The Reporter's Life | Walter Conkite (1996, Knopf Publishers)

Undue Influence | Anita Brookner (This book, near as I can tell, was published in England, but was also published by Viking Press in Canada. It was bought for $33.95, back in 1984, per owner's inscription inside the front cover of the book).

I've got lots of good stuff to read now!

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 AM   #2756
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I just happened to be gifted three incredibly good books, all hard back editions, today.

The Painted House | John Grisham (2000, Doubleday Publishers)

The Reporter's Life | Walter Conkite (1996, Knopf Publishers)

Undue Influence | Anita Brookner (This book, near as I can tell, was published in England, but was also published by Viking Press in Canada. It was bought for $33.95, back in 1984, per owner's inscription inside the front cover of the book).

I've got lots of good stuff to read now!
A few years back I read that Walter Conkite book and really enjoyed it!

How I long for the day when newscasters just read the new and gave us the fact!

We didn't know their politics or parties affiliations and that served us well IMHO!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #2757
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A few years back I read that Walter Conkite book and really enjoyed it!

How I long for the day when newscasters just read the new and gave us the fact!

We didn't know their politics or parties affiliations and that served us well IMHO!
I cracked open the book last night and got as far as page seven of the first chapter. Where he tells about taking a job over at the Moscow bureau, his wife Betsy in tow -- working a job at the embassy bureau of information (government job). It was his wife's small salary that kept them fed, Cronkite's salary was just peanuts compared to his wife's. As I was reading, all I could hear was his deep bass gravely pipe smoking voice.....

Journalism today is nothing like it was back in the time and day of Walter Cronkite or Chet Huntley or Hugh Downs or....And what a joy that we have Barbara Walters, right?

That's so cool that you've read the book too and enjoyed it.
I noticed last night that there's a bunch of choice black and white pictures too.

This book in particular is like having an longtime old friend, when you turn each page, read each turn of thought, as you reminisce about times gone by.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #2758
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #2759
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am loving this book!

Pull Me Under by Kelly Luce

A searing debut novel from one of the most imaginative minds in fiction

Kelly Luce's Pull Me Under tells the story of Rio Silvestri, who, when she was twelve years old, fatally stabbed a school bully. Rio, born Chizuru Akitani, is the Japanese American daughter of the revered violinist Hiro Akitani--a Living National Treasure in Japan and a man Rio hasn't spoken to since she left her home country for the United States (and a new identity) after her violent crime. Her father's death, along with a mysterious package that arrives on her doorstep in Boulder, Colorado, spurs her to return to Japan for the first time in twenty years. There she is forced to confront her past in ways she never imagined, pushing herself, her relationships with her husband and daughter, and her own sense of who she is to the brink.

The novel's illuminating and palpably atmospheric descriptions of Japan and its culture, as well its elegantly dynamic structure, call to mind both Ruth Ozeki's A Tale for the Time Being and David Guterson's Snow Falling on Cedars. Pull Me Under is gripping, psychologically complex fiction--at the heart of which is an affecting exploration of home, self-acceptance, and the limits of forgiveness.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #2760
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default HM

"Absolutely on Music"

Haruki Murakami Conversations with Seiji Ozawa

"A deeply personal, intimate conversation about music
and writing between the internationally acclaimed, best-selling
author and his close friend, the former conductor of the
Boston Symphony Orchestra."

a keeper...Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading