Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Washington Forums

Old 09-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation
Default what do u like about washington state?

--thinking of relocating and washington, is one place on my list.-specifically seattle area or south of it or north. or perhaps right above portland. so tell me what u like about living there? what areas are good? friendly? non-friendly? i'd appreciate anything u tell me.
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I lived there (Lakewood/Tacoma area), I loved the trees and all the access to water.

Seattle; Pike's Place Market, Museum of Glass, Space Needle, did I mention water?

I lived in WA for three years and we had one week of snow. I don't really know much about the Seattle area but where I lived I absolutely loved it. Friendly people

*bumps thread to more informed people*
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I lived on Kitsap Penninsula for more than 4 years, which is across the Sound from Seattle and about an hour away. Where I was, there was a small town feel and the usual fair could be found...movies, museums, hiking trails, etc. I lived in Bremerton, a Navy town. We chose to live there because we found Seattle to be entirely too expensive and congested. I like a little bit of space in my bubble.

Going into Seattle was fun though. There's always something to do. Pike Place Market, Music Museum, concerts, shows/theatre, underground tours, etc. The Space Needle is a tourist trap, though. Sure, the view is gorgeous, but you have to pay a minimum to dine up there and the service sucks. The food is okay, though.

As far as actually living there, Seattle is horrible during harsh winters. The hills (and there are a LOT of them) ice over and it's very common to have cars sliding back down into one another. For me, that's very scary.

However, the spring and summer cannot be beat! SeaFair brings in the speedboats and bathtub racers and Blue Angels but they are only a small part of the fabulousness of summertime in the PNW. Swimming, hiking, camping and day/road trips are the thing then. Temperatures are usually from the high 70s to the low or mid 90s, rarely hitting triple digits, but when they do, it's good to have a/c (half the homes don't have it).

Fall is absolutely stunning, with the leaves changing color and the nip and chill in the air.

I found that the atmosphere is quite tolerable there. Lots of family and lots of tatted and pierced folk all over. Friendly!

Wherever you decide to relocate to, definitely do your research. I did some with online income calculators only and they were all waaaay off base! WA and OR are right in line with CA as far as living expenses.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in Everett, which is north of Seattle. It doesn't quite have the same small town feel of where Gemme was but I think it's less big city crazy then Seattle.

We had to drive down to SeaTac last night and along the way I saw all kinds of things that reminded me why I love living here. We took a different route there and back so I got to see both lakes, all the mountains and the Seattle and Bellevue skylines.

As Gemme also mentioned, the cost of living here is higher then many other places in the country. While housing prices have dropped significantly in the last few years, rents have not dropped at all. I also know I was shocked at some of the prices in the grocery store and at restaurants. Then again, I came here from New Mexico, which had a very low cost of living at the time.

I've spent a little bit of time in the Vancouver/Portland area and I really like it down there. I think if I didn't live here, I'd have to move to Portland!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

What do i like about the seattle area.

I'm a bit south in tacoma, i go to seattle on the weekends at times.

I like the water, the tree's and the air quality is usually very great!

There are a lot of outdoor activites available, camping, fishing hiking, thelike.

Most people that i've run into are very tolerant of alternative views.

There are lots of good groups and again the activites!

The weather has been getting more extreme (or at least it seems) in the last few years.

Typically don't go over 100 in summer, and it doens't snow much but when it does it can be a lot.

It really does depend on where you live in the area.

Never been to portland, i've been through portland but not to portland. There are a lot of sites to see north, and your just a quick hop to canada! which can be fun!

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kassykit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
Reesie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
committed

Reesie is on a distinguished road
Default What do I like about washington?

I like the low cost of living.

I like the green forests but hate the rain that keeps them that way.

I love Seattle.

I love that I'm close to portland.

I love Long beach.

I love that some day I will move back to California.
Reesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Long Beach

Willapa Bay
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Lived in Tacoma for over 10 years, E.T. lived there over 20. I loved the waterfront, parts of downtown, the Glass Museum, Art Museum and galleries. It is accessible to great places like Long Beach, Ocean Shores, even down to Oregon beach areas.
I did not like the traffic, the I-5 is a nightmare most of the time, and I dont care for the crowd thing. Seattle is fun, but impossible to park in and the traffic there is insane. Cost of living is higher in Seattle, but gets better the further away you go! I'm not a fan of Eastern WA. I do miss Commencemnet Bay, Point Defiance, and the Glass Museum.
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been as an adult, well not really.

I can't wait to get a passport and come and visit Seattle. It will be a good time I am sure.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
Machelle.Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
not involved at the moment

Machelle.Femme is on a distinguished road
Talking Living in Washington

I have lived in Washington State all my life. In the central area. Seattle is a bit busy for me. BUT, I have lots of friends who live there and love it. Central Washington gets more snow and colder weather than Seattle. I do however love the rain and wetter weather of the Seattle area.
I am told there are a lot of work opportunities in that area. As far as lower cost of living? It isn't much lower than California. On the BONUS side it is one of the more popular areas for same sex households and I am told it has a lot of clubs.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

The weather.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My oldest and dearest friend, Maidi!!

Also, the musiums in both Seattle (Music expression is amazing) and Tacoma (Glass Art Musium there is phenomenal). Can't beat WA for outdoors activities.

There is a fairly large B-F contingent in Seattle and queer partner dance community. Also,

The Longview area is quite nice and I love Vancouver. If I did not have severe arthritis and fibro, I would have moved to WA a long time ago. It also has some of the best school districts in the US as well as the U of W is a fine educational institution and ranks above many state university systems. Also a very progressive community college system that actually does what community college are mean't to do.

I know a few people in tech fields that obviously have found fantastic employment in WA as well. As a state, it also has a decent state health insurance program. It beats CA all to hell in that as well as education. Sorry to say since I was born, raised, educated and teach in CA.

Can't leave out the WNBA SEATTLE STORM!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Fremont Troll

My favorite bakery at Pike Place Market

Walking with the dogs around Green Lake

A lesbian bar that has gone through a lot of change over the years

Artsy Fartsy Left of Center

Last edited by deb_U_taunt; 09-24-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: oops image missing
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am a great tour guide lol

Alki Beach, spent lots of time here as a kid

Ezells

Taking a ferry boat ride, just cuz

The International District

Blake Island
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Bumpity Bump

Just wanting to see if anyone new has moved to WA recently and what their input is.

Just got back from a way-to-short visit to Seattle that I loved!!!! So I'm just bouncing around the idea and doing som e research and reading.

Thanks!
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default What I love about Washington

I live on one of the islands in the Sound. I moved here from San Francisco, CA. I love all the trees, the clean air, the isolation, clear skies at night and all the stars.

I love that my neighbors are friendly and not fake like in the cities. They are farmers and ranchers, you need help just ask. Be yourself, do not put on airs, you never know they may save your life someday.

I love the winters, lots of rain, some snow and lots of wind. I'm surrounded by 30 year old Fir trees. My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away and the closest town is 10 miles away as is the nearest hospital. Last winter, to get to work I had to cut up a fallen 40 foot tree that lost it's footing. As I was cutting up the tree, it was like loosing an old friend and it made me sad.

I love that I'm surrounded by the very thing I love, the ocean. I love that I always have two fishing poles and my tackle box backpack in my car. I get off work, head to the ocean and catch dinner. I love that I can dig for 20 minutes and have enough clams and mussels for a meal and there are no polluted water advisories.

I stay away from Seattle, if I wanted the city life I would have stayed in SF......NOT!
SF_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

As a resident off and on all of my life to Washington State, I have to say that there are many hidden gems here. As to where to go and where to avoid, well that is a matter of personal experience and taste. Some of the reasons I love this place though are the following:

Mt. Rainier and the Tattoosh Mountain Range (grew up with this virtually in my back yard)

The Hoh Rainforest.

Pike Place Market.

Mt. St. Helens.

But, again, this is my list, and may not appeal to others.
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #18
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Grab a bite..

Belle Epicurean
3109 E. Madison St.
(it's amazing!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #19
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hidden Gem

Lincoln Park
West Seattle
Park, beach, ferry...driftwood fire, guitar under the stars..beautiful
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 05:52 AM   #20
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default cozy, friendly..

Village Books
1200 11th St
Bellingham, Wa
Take the first Bellingham/Fairhaven exit..you can't miss it..books, readings and cozy café with great coffee..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: