Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mountaineering Club Orchestra (Cruising The Ice)

"A start on such a night is full of promise"

It's a beautiful song, excerpting manuscripts kept about a voyage off the coast of Greenland.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #21902
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Breakfast overlooking the Agean Sea....

Sounds lovely, to me.

This destination has been on my list of places to see, for ages.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2020, 10:21 PM   #21903
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Summer Patio ideas (flower baskets and patio lights)

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #21904
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile Great Blue Heron

It was so amazing to see the Great Blue Heron at a nature park recently, and the afternoon I saw this beautiful bird was a pleasant surprise. I've been savoring the experience and reading about this beautiful bird.

Here is a few things I've learned, so far:

Words associated with Heron include: Autonomy, calm, detachment, keen-mindedness, individuality, gallantry, meditation, nobility, peace, serendipity, solitude, stability, steadfastness, tact, tenacity, reclusiveness, and willpower.

Some of the symbolism I've read about includes ideas, such as: This bird flies alone, does not like being in big groups, is an excellent hunter, has keen eye sight, and is an excellent observer. Patience is this bird's strong suit, so to speak.

From a scientific perspective, I found a great article online at Audubon.org.

Great Blue Heron: Audubon Field Guide (Link)

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 06-17-2020 at 09:43 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #21905
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beauty of mastectomy tattoos revealed in powerful photo project

Beauty of mastectomy tattoos revealed in powerful photo project

WARNING; Triggers

In the portrait series "Reclaim" women in diffuse pink lighting reveal delicately tattooed designs inked across their chests, unfurling over scar tissue in explosions of color or in black and gray. Nude, with nothing else in the frame, the women embody a sense of openness.

Credit: Kate Peters

The series, a collaboration between British photographer Kate Peters and art director Gem Fletcher, which began in 2018, illustrates the beauty of mastectomy tattoos, a practice that offers breast cancer survivors the opportunity to transform their skin after they've healed from their surgeries. It's a way to find new confidence, to take control of one's body after what can be a traumatic experience and, as medical journal JAMA has published, a way to promote psychological healing.

"All my tattoos do mark different milestones in my life," Elaine told Peters. "Every one is for something. My half sleeve is the story of my family: representing my children, the children we lost, my husband. (I have a) daffodil because I'm from Wales and a shamrock because my husband is from Ireland." Credit: Kate Peters

One of the women in "Reclaim" is Kerry, who was diagnosed with cancer three days before her 40th birthday. She opted for a total mastectomy of her left breast, but declined plastic surgery to reconstruct it after.

Ahead of each shoot, Peters and Fletcher interviewed the women about their experiences. "None of the methods for reconstruction that the medical team could offer me were suitable for me, my physique, my lifestyle and the sports I played," Kerry told them. "It left me with a feeling of being incomplete and I found that really upsetting. You sort of get chewed up, spat out and off you go on your own."

Two years later, when Kerry discovered mastectomy tattoos, she felt she finally had an option that suited her. She had irises tattooed across her chest as a tribute to her grandmother Iris, who survived breast cancer over six decades earlier.

The practice has risen in popularity in the US since 2013, when the program P.ink, part of the nonprofit F*** Cancer, began coordinating an annual day of gratis tattoos. Each October, during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, they work with tattoo parlors around the country to open their doors to survivors looking to be inked.

In 2018, Peters happened upon images of mastectomy tattoos on Instagram and realized that these were mostly shared within the tattoo community and did not have a wide audience. In her home country of the UK, which does not have a coordinated program like P.ink, she wasn't sure many women knew about these tattoos at all.

"I realized I had been avoiding looking at myself in the mirror. I was averting my eyes from my chest and my scar," Diane told Peters. "I didn't realize this was an issue until I stopped doing it. Suddenly I had this beautiful piece of art. I stopped looking away." Credit: Kate Peters

Peters and Fletcher, who often collaborate, began finding women for the shoot through social media and photographed them in the privacy of Peters' home.

Many of them had never been tattooed, but going through the process had given them a sense of closure -- particularly since they had to wait at least a year to be tattooed following their surgeries -- and comfort in their skin.
"Hearing the women's stories when we were photographing them was a very humbling experience, and seeing how the tattoos had changed their perception of their own bodies," Peters said. "They were really keen to share how positive it had been for them."

There was Elaine, who was diagnosed in October of 2015 and had a bilateral mastectomy a few months later. "I can picture it now, the morning I was leaving home to have the surgery and I looked at myself in the mirror...I knew I would not look like this again after that day," she recalled to Peters and Fletcher. "It was a daunting thought, it was upsetting. When you have a mastectomy, a lot of your femininity (is) taken away."

Elaine already had tattoos -- including a dragon on her spine that she got after recovering from a horse-riding accident that could have left her unable to walk for the rest of her life. This time she spent 25 hours with Shrewsbury, England-based tattoo artist Anna Garvey to cover her chest in vivid birds and floral blossoms.

"We are so body conscious as women," Sarah told Peters. "I don't think I have ever felt this sense of ownership (over myself) and what I look like. It's only come through the process that I have been through. Credit: Kate Peters

Sarah, on the other hand, who was diagnosed at 47 during a routine mammogram, had never been inked. She chose to have her breasts reconstructed following the mastectomy. During the reconstruction surgery, women often have to have their nipples removed, and some opt for tattooed areolas later on. Sarah didn't feel like that was the right decision for her. Instead, she underwent two full-day sessions of intricate gray dotwork with East London tattooer and artist Dominique Holmes.

"The morning before (my tattoo appointment) I was in a state of panic about it, wondering if I had already put my body through so much already," she said in her interview ahead of her shoot. "I took a before shot (of myself) and I felt really okay with my mastectomy and the scarring. I thought I felt okay about my body." After her sessions, she says saw her body in a new light.
"Having the tattoo has not just changed the way my body looks -- the bigger part is how it transformed me," she explained. "I'm more body confident than I have been my entire life."

After the photos from "Reclaim" were published by The Guardian newspaper, Peters said she was inundated with emails from people who had seen the work and didn't know mastectomy tattoos were possible -- including women who had undergone surgery and were interested in it for themselves.
"I think that was one of the main motivations for the women being involved in this shoot," Peters said. "(They wanted) to show other people (how) it helped change their lives."

"All of them have been through these horrific experiences in their life yet they'd all come through it and they were all so incredibly positive," she continued. "They maintain this amazing spirit...and this desire to help others by sharing their stories."

Source: https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ka...oos/index.html
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #21906
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #21907
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #21908
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2020, 11:47 PM   #21909
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Random posting stuff.

moe, my friend, truer words were never written. Too many people mistake silence for weakness. Not wise.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #21910
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
moe, my friend, truer words were never written. Too many people mistake silence for weakness. Not wise.
Totally agree. As I once posted : "Silence is better than bullshit"

thecuriousbrain.com
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #21911
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile listening to a CD that a dear friend gave to me, years ago (good times)

Samia Farah | Je Sais

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #21912
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #21913
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #21914
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

When the landlord at the apartment building where Mae West lived wouldn't let her bring in her Black lover, a well known boxer, she bought the building and dropped the ban. I'm not sure what my point is. That money always wins? Despite the femme fatale facade, I totally read her as butch.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:39 PM   #21915
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
Revenge is a dish best served cold....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #21916
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Social media is amazing in how it drops barriers between those famous and everyday folk. I followed Melissa Ferrick's insta and had an amazing conversation with her.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #21917
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.”
― Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #21918
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
Social media is amazing in how it drops barriers between those famous and everyday folk. I followed Melissa Ferrick's insta and had an amazing conversation with her.
And I was scammed. I'm so gullible. But to my defense, I've connected with others I've followed on Twitter so I wasn't at first suspicious. A bit ticked off at myself.

Last edited by Starfish; 06-22-2020 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add info
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starfish For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #21919
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 06-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #21920
cutegrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single but taken

cutegrrl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
And I was scammed. I'm so gullible. But to my defense, I've connected with others I've followed on Twitter so I wasn't at first suspicious. A bit ticked off at myself.
Oh no, What happened? How did you get scammed?
cutegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff