Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Default Celebs are weird

...here's proof:

Silverstone: Pre-Chewing for My Baby 'Adorable'

http://www.newser.com/story/143830/s...-adorable.html

Alicia Silverstone insists that feeding her baby mouth-to-mouth is "adorable," despite the fact that many who watched a video of her doing just that were grossed out. "People have been feeding their kids that way for thousands for years. It's a weaning process," she said when asked about the video at an event Saturday, according to the Daily Mail. "I think it's adorable and it makes me laugh every time he does it."

Son Bear Blu, 11 months, "attacks my mouth and I think it's adorable," she continued. "Every time my husband goes to the YMCA some guy comes over and says, 'That's how we do it in the south!' Between him getting those great comments and me knowing in my gut it's natural and lovely, I really wasn't trying to tell anybody what to do." Despite the ick factor, pre-chewing food for babies can actually have benefits. (Click to read about other unusual celebrity baby trends ... like breast-feeding 3-year-olds.)
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Where in the South? lol

Yes way weird in a bird kind of way.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
...here's proof:

Silverstone: Pre-Chewing for My Baby 'Adorable'

http://www.newser.com/story/143830/s...-adorable.html

Alicia Silverstone insists that feeding her baby mouth-to-mouth is "adorable," despite the fact that many who watched a video of her doing just that were grossed out. "People have been feeding their kids that way for thousands for years. It's a weaning process," she said when asked about the video at an event Saturday, according to the Daily Mail. "I think it's adorable and it makes me laugh every time he does it."

Son Bear Blu, 11 months, "attacks my mouth and I think it's adorable," she continued. "Every time my husband goes to the YMCA some guy comes over and says, 'That's how we do it in the south!' Between him getting those great comments and me knowing in my gut it's natural and lovely, I really wasn't trying to tell anybody what to do." Despite the ick factor, pre-chewing food for babies can actually have benefits. (Click to read about other unusual celebrity baby trends ... like breast-feeding 3-year-olds.)
The sad thing is that as soon as I saw the title for the thread, I immediately thought of this news story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Where in the South? lol

Yes way weird in a bird kind of way.
I agree!!! Where in the South? I have never seen this anywhere.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
The sad thing is that as soon as I saw the title for the thread, I immediately thought of this news story.

I agree!!! Where in the South? I have never seen this anywhere.

I've been tempted to go on Facebook and ask nif any of my friends from anywhere in the South play Momi BIRD with their babies. lol
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Oddly enough, when I was pregnant with my son, I went to a more holistic style pregnancy center for the birthing classes and such. One of the advisors there actually discussed this. Personally, I couldn't get past the ick factor of it in my own mind. (Could have something to do with my really squeamish nature relating to food/textures/etc.) Then again, this lady also still breastfed her 1st grader. I was slightly freaked out when he got off the school bus, set down his backpack, walked into the room where we were sitting and just lifted her shirt and latched on. She said that she believed it was beneficial to them up until they were around 3rd grade age. I could probably have understood it better if it had been expressed into a container, rather than a child that age reading a book while nursing.
*Simply my opinion only, at the time. Not judging their methods which probably work fine and are very beneficial to their children, just was not for me.*
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Unless she is rinsing out her mouth with bleach before she does this, she is transferring all the bacteria in her mouth into her child's mouth. That is disgusting! The amount of bacteria in the human mouth is enormous...which is why being bitten by a person has a better chance of killing you than being bitten by almost any other non-venomous animal.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Default Morgan Freeman does not plan to marry his step-granddaughter...

Freeman denies relationship with step-granddaughter

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Morgan Freeman would like to make something perfectly clear: He does not plan to marry his step-granddaughter. In fact, according to the "Shawshank Redemption" actor, the two of them aren't even dating.

For the past several years, reports in the tabloid press and blogosphere have alleged that Freeman, 74, has been carrying on a romantic relationship with his great-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and was planning to make her his wife. (Freeman and his second wife, Myrna Colley-Lee, divorced in 2010.)

Most of the blog posts cite the National Enquirer, which in 2009 reported that Freeman and Hines, then 27, had engaged in a decade-long affair and that a trip down the aisle was in the cards.

"Morgan has led to believe that he wants to marry her," the Enquirer quoted a "family insider" as saying. Another "family source" supposedly told the paper, "Becoming Mrs. Morgan Freeman has been E'Dena's goal."

Despite the fact that a) this was the National Enquirer talking and b) in the ensuing years, a marriage has not materialized, hazy reports have persisted. And now Freeman is trying to put an end to the scuttlebutt.

"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers," Freeman said in a statement provided to TheWrap. "What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."

"These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also very hurtful to me and my family," Hines added.

Well, that settles that -- hopefully. Besides, if it's bizarre behavior in the show-business community that people are craving, there's plenty of the real stuff to go around.

http://news.yahoo.com/freeman-denies...175704492.html
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post: