Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Illinois Forums

Old 05-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Mr. Cynthia

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Mr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Anyone Near Rockford/Belvidere?

Hi, All!

I've been invited to interview for a job at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere, Il and I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the area.

I'd appreciate any insight into what it might be like to live there- cost of living, weather, things to do, etc...and, of course, what it might be like for a big ol' bulldyke to move there.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mr. Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Cynthia For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Hey there. I lived in the Chicagoland area for years and I have to say it was one of my favorite places. There is always something to do and someone to do it with.
The weather can suck, unless you like snow and enjoy sweating while standing still in the shade.
Honestly, I was always so busy involved in an activity I hardly noticed.
If you're a social person you will love it. I wouldn't worry about how you identify because there are just so many flavors in the area.
Best of luck!
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Mr. Cynthia

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Mr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST ReputationMr. Cynthia Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
Hey there. I lived in the Chicagoland area for years and I have to say it was one of my favorite places. There is always something to do and someone to do it with.
The weather can suck, unless you like snow and enjoy sweating while standing still in the shade.
Honestly, I was always so busy involved in an activity I hardly noticed.
If you're a social person you will love it. I wouldn't worry about how you identify because there are just so many flavors in the area.
Best of luck!
Thanks for the feedback!

I've never really considered moving from Nashville but after working contract jobs for a year, a union job with benefits is sounding pretty good right now.

I wouldn't necessarily describe myself as a social person...but I could probably find my way out of the house if there's plenty going on

Thanks again!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

It's about 90 minutes from Chicago. It's not an area I'd want to live in and I'm born and raised in Chicago proper. I remember Rockford used to be very nice, but has been plagued by gangs and drugs. Housing there is cheap for a reason. I don't know much about Belvidere though. Please do visit and really check it out before you decide to interview, if that's possible.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Forgot to say that you must enjoy shoveling snow...a lot.

There's 2 seasons in IL, road construction and more road construction
No really, it's true

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Mr. Cynthia

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Forgot to say that you must enjoy shoveling snow...a lot.

There's 2 seasons in IL, road construction and more road construction
No really, it's true
I haven't shoveled snow since I moved from NY twenty years ago...maybe it's like riding a bicycle...

I can't afford to take much time off work, so I was planning to do a whirlwind tour during the same trip as the interview.

I did notice that real estate seemed pretty cheap and I'm disappointed to find out why. If the gangs aren't too entrenched, things might improve with the 1800 new jobs being added to the Chrysler plant. Or they'll just end up running the local union...

Thanks for the intel, Wolfy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Cynthia For This Useful Post: