Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Missing YouTube Videos?

I know of two thread (That70s and Music Central) where some YouTube videos have gone *poof*. If you are also experiencing this, please let me know. What I'm trying to determine is when this first appeared. We haven't changed anything on the forums in the last two weeks (a mod I wanted to add I couldn't for other reasons).

I'm curious if other threads have been hit by this.

In the meantime, I am investigating this and am hoping to find an answer soon.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I know of two thread (That70s and Music Central) where some YouTube videos have gone *poof*. If you are also experiencing this, please let me know. What I'm trying to determine is when this first appeared. We haven't changed anything on the forums in the last two weeks (a mod I wanted to add I couldn't for other reasons).

I'm curious if other threads have been hit by this.

In the meantime, I am investigating this and am hoping to find an answer soon.

The other day I noticed mah Mix Mash thread was missing some.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=879

They seem to have mysteriously returned.

Is it because mah Flash player updated last night?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yes,

All of my links from the beginning of my Music Central thread just POOFED away, gone/vanished about four days back? Stories, history and facts of mine there now, but with NO music link or song now to go with the info... (Sorry folks.)

They always posted for me without trouble, and I've replayed them numerous times...

Others saw them and commented on various songs, points and stories - thus "saw them".

Others songs from other people are still there on that thread. Even the YOUTUBE ones... (?) I did see one of Snows gone (not sure if that was YOUTUBE or not now), from the first page I believe, but that was all I noticed. Her following ones were still there as far ahead as I checked...(?)
__

Now I went and posted another song two days back, the Eagles one there, and it posted fine and IS still there as of last I checked - earlier today. But, where the heck did ALL of my other song links go, while other folks have had theirs stay there? Has anyone else lost ALL of their links there on that thread? I'm just curious...

Big bummer though.

I hope mine magically reappear!!

Thanks Linus for trying to figure this out. Appreciate it.

Wildcat
Old 03-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post

The other day I noticed mah Mix Mash thread was missing some.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=879

They seem to have mysteriously returned.

Is it because mah Flash player updated last night?

I just tried updating mine and didn't see any difference.

The thing that puzzles me the most is the fact that the link isn't even present. I have a feeling it's a mod issue, which may mean losing our ability to just post YouTube links and having it "magically" appear but that may be better than losing the context.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Is it only the Youtube videos that are disappearing?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ya. Some are due to, I suspect, to change in copyright but others.. not sure. I wonder if YouTube is clamping down on hotlinking.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Is it only the Youtube videos that are disappearing?
My last song of the Eagles - a YOUTUBE is still there from posting yesterday. But, how ALL of mine are gone there on that thread since I began it, while other YOUTUBE ones there are not, is... quite baffling to me.

Once posted I could see them perhaps not "opening" after some time, (and even with a message stated something about copy rights or whatever... but the link would still be there...), however, with mine there are just only blank spaces ? where all of my links were.

WC
Old 03-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Classic Movies thread and My early posts in What are You Listening to Now? beginning with the very first post are missing.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #9
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Weird. Now all the posts are back. I'm inclined to think, since these were all pretty much Youtube, that it was a YouTube issue. Hopefully this is resolved for now.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Next test...

Howdy. Hope you're all having a good night.

WILD
Old 03-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Weird. Now all the posts are back. I'm inclined to think, since these were all pretty much Youtube, that it was a YouTube issue. Hopefully this is resolved for now.
There are photos missing in mah Farm Town n Farmville thread

Lol, I know...it's the last thing you wanted to hear.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Since you did not give me a link to either the original photo(s) or the original post(s), I did a look and really only seem to see one picture missing. This would suggest to me an issue with the location where that specific photo is store (either the picture has been moved, deleted or public access permissions have been changed).

Old 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Since you did not give me a link to either the original photo(s) or the original post(s), I did a look and really only seem to see one picture missing. This would suggest to me an issue with the location where that specific photo is store (either the picture has been moved, deleted or public access permissions have been changed).
Oh

Well then, I shall set the Panic Switch down and

Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #14
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

It appears that YouTube has again changed something that is affecting the "embedding" of videos. Hopefully my internet will be stabilized by tomorrow and if it is, I'll start investigating a new way to embed the videos into posts.

At this point, links will be the only way to see the videos.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

To address the YouTubes issues, I've put in YouTube tags. You can find the YouTube icon when choosing the Advanced Editor (by choosing the Go Advanced button when replying). Place last bits of the video in-between the YouTube tags.

For example, if your URL was:

www.you.tube.com/watch?v=qHUhygdAZIw

Just put qHUhygdAZIw between the [youtube.] and the [/youtube]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #16
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Dear tekno God
I think I have posted so many videos that my rights have been revoked~ I can't post them anymore. HUMPH Why did it stop working????
Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

It's working.

You have to hit the little Youtube icon up there and ONLY paste the tag for the video - In this case, the ending tag is bxfS9WMvlYo

Thanks
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Yeah!!! Thank you Medusa!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

It's working.

You have to hit the little Youtube icon up there and ONLY paste the tag for the video - In this case, the ending tag is bxfS9WMvlYo

Thanks

I think I found the clue!!!

wooohoooo!

gonna test it now...

Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Its not letting me post video's?

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote