Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #41
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dave's Diner

Gemme, thanks for the information and next time I get to Seattle I will use it for sure. We discovered Dave's Diner, near the airport, and ate quite a few meals there! It was close to the hotel, and we ended up staying longer in Seattle than we thought. Sooo, why wreck a sure thing? The waitress' there are very friendly, the food was fantastic, and Dutch got a great shot in front of Dave's fancy at the the entrance. hmmm, I am wondering if Dutch liked the food, or that car? Don't forget to find that Iowa licence plate and send to them, Mister Dutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Repped it to you!

That's what counts.
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #42
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation

Kissin' Cuzzins in St. Petersburg, FL...hands down, the best freaking breakfast in the Tampa Bay area. Their Eggs Benedict is to die for. Mr. Strutt loves the two-egg combo with bacon and the crispiest hash browns ever, plus buttermilk pancakes that melt in your mouth.

They have great lunch food too...and the family that owns them also owns their own commercial fishing boat, so the fish--especially the amberjack--is always fresh off the docks.

If you are in the area, I can't recommend them enough. They are not open for dinner, incidentally...they close at 2:00 through the week and 3:00 on the weekends.

http://www.theexpressionist.com/2009...kin-with-love/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #43
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

It's not easy to find Diverse food establishments in my town, which sucks considering the huge international presence of students...
But they're around...
My Faves are

Salaam - It's middle eastern Fusion, I loved their swordfish kebabs, but they took it off the menu, so I stick with their Lamb, and Samosas, I luv their homemade breads with an olive oil/sundried tomato Dip while u wait for your food, I usually order their mezze platter{variety} while we wait, their soups are addictive, and if you're a Locavore/Vegan, u struck Gold...They usually have Live entertainment on weekends, Saturdays "bellydancers", Sundays "Jazz"...I like this place mostly cuz of the decor & ambiance...

China Panda - This place is awesome where Chinese/Japanese cuisine is concerned...half the menu is chinese food + Chef specialty, flip it over and u get the other half which is Japanese + Sushi menu...Their Sushi bar is obviously visible, and if you'd rather sit there, u should let the Hostess know, but, I'd only sit there for sushi/sashimi, since their foods are brought in BIG plates, and there's not much room at the Bar{in addition to sushi bar etiquette}
My fave is the Mandarin Duck, Occasionally I'll get their sizzling rice platter with shrimp, their Crispy eggplant with Pork/Tofu is addictive...
My brother often orders General Tso w/ Lo Mein, mum gets Cilantro chicken{u have to be a serious Cilantro fan for this plate}
Special occasions i'll go for a sushi/sashimi plate{birthday}, sometimes a bento..
They're a non-alc. restaurant though...Which isn't so bad, considering their Tea is delicious, and cheap..

Casa Lopez
- Very authentic Latino/Mexican food, my only complaint is they don't serve Horchata, or Alcohol-based drinks...Very family oriented, I almost always ask for Queso Fundido{melted cheese with chorizo} to go with their homemade tortilla chips, I'm not fond of the tomatillo dip, but thats just me..
for the most part, if I can't decide, I stick to the seafood chimichanga{it's a big chimi with drizzled cheese on top}, occasionally i'll pick seafood fajita, mostly cuz I like the way it smells and looks when they bring it, smokin hot, sizzling still on an ironcast pan...
Their desserts are yummy too they range from Flan, Sopapilla, Churros with fried ice cream...
Everyone else in my family generally stick to Carnitas or Rib-eye, which to me is a waste, if I want rib eye I'll visit Ponderosa....
That, and the Staff {for the most part} speak fluent Spanish and it's nice to have a conversation in spanish..
Granted, u can tell where they're from based on specific words they use in spanish...I tried ordering churros w/o ice cream, the guy had this..unique expression of "huh?"..I kept saying "Manteca'o"{puertorican slang}, when he said "no entiendo" I had this lil light go on inside and i hesitantly said "Helado?"...he explained that he thought i was asking for churros w/o fat...

There's another place, "Gran Ranchero", it's not bad, they use real Crab in their seafood, but their staff mistakenly assumed they were the only spanish speakers in the place, and I did eavesdrop, every other word was not decent for that setting, that and they Do serve alc. beverages....
Casa Lopez for a brief time were worried of competition, and we told the manager "you're fine, trust me"

There is a Soul Food place in Athens, but for the life of me, I can't find it....
Ever since I went to Memphis Tenn., and a friend took me to a Soul Food/Chinese buffet, I was hooked

Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #44
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Deep Fried Paradise

Rutt's Hut in NJ

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #45
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Beach Road Chicken Dinners
Jacksonville Florida
Fried chicken served family style since 1939.

weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #46
oneye

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

oneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputationoneye Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
The restaurant that I work in is probably the best one here. Toledo isn't a good place for a foodie.

chef...what restaurant? i live near toledo and am there often. am wondering if i've darkened the door of your establishment (hahahaha!!!) or if i will plan to if i haven't already.

oneye

Karen: Excuse me, but could you turn the volume down to foghorn level?

Rosario: Up yours, Count Drunkula!
oneye is offline   Reply With Quote