How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I watched the video and had a knee jerk reaction of “what the fuck good will this do?” , but I also understand that most of America (most people in general), have the attention span of 3 seconds. As soon as the next shooting occurs, we rail against guns, talk about mental health, and then bury our heads in the sand until the next mass murder.

Maybe the point is shocking America out of the complacency it has pulled over itself like a warm cloak?

I am not for banning or taking away guns, but I also find it unacceptable to have our children murdered in school (or anywhere), so how do we wake people up?
Maybe it is about shocking people. Yeah, I’m not for children being murdered anywhere, anytime for any reason as well.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #422
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm all for banning some guns and taking away some—couldn't happen soon enough for me.

And, I really like this commercial. It underlines what we find important (i.e., colorful school supplies) and what we choose to ignore (the gun violence our children face in school). Shame on us.

Hoping the ad agency or creative team that put this together wins some awards.
There are definitely guns (which I’ve stated long ago in other threads) that belong no where. I believe this to be true even as an Army Vet.
I personally found no importance in the school supplies but wondered only at first what was going on with that. (Basing this off of the fact Gemme gave a trigger warning)
I found myself thinking about the mother who received the text from the young girl at the end of the video. Imagining how it would have felt after finding out why she received it.
Thank you both for responding I appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #423
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm all for banning some guns and taking away some—couldn't happen soon enough for me.

And, I really like this commercial. It underlines what we find important (i.e., colorful school supplies) and what we choose to ignore (the gun violence our children face in school). Shame on us.

Hoping the ad agency or creative team that put this together wins some awards.
Excellent points, Orema!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
There are definitely guns (which I’ve stated long ago in other threads) that belong no where. I believe this to be true even as an Army Vet.
I personally found no importance in the school supplies but wondered only at first what was going on with that. (Basing this off of the fact Gemme gave a trigger warning)
I found myself thinking about the mother who received the text from the young girl at the end of the video. Imagining how it would have felt after finding out why she received it.
Thank you both for responding I appreciate it.
I put the trigger warning out there because some of our members have experienced gun violence in one way or another directly or have had family or friends experience it. Although the ad centers on school shootings, I thought that sometimes any connection to the traumatic event could be hurtful to someone.

I think the point of the ad comes in the final line of text at the end. School shootings are preventable. There have been several cases in which a concerned school employee or a parent have spoken to authorities about unsettling posts or comments made by someone and police have been able to stop school shootings before they happen.

Also, I think it shows what kids face when this situation comes up and maybe even ways to help them survive it. I can't say for sure that I'd think to make a tourniquet out of a sock. I'd probably waste time looking for a belt or rope.

You raised a good point, too, about how the mother would feel knowing the reason she is getting that potentially final text from her daughter.

We're so callused and jaded that it takes something incredibly shocking and in your face to catch our attention. The ad succeeds in doing what it set out to do; to wake us up and start a dialogue. I learned about it off of the Today show. The real work comes in figuring out how to fix the problem.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 10:07 PM   #424
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been keeping busy planning a big combination birthday party for my mother, my sister in law, and my younger nephew. Mostly doing the planning has kept me from feeling missing my brother too much but there were some bumps this week. Looking at cards for my mother, my sister in law and nephew and seeing ones that I know my brother would have given them if he was still here. And today just putting the final touches on the party. My brother should have been there putting it together with me. I rallied and the party was wonderful. But getting there was a bit hard on me.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #425
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

A former boss of mine was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. It hurt to hear him tell me about it because he has been my hero twice in life. I couldn't cry when he was telling me about it, but after I left, the other day, tears were streaming down my face.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #426
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I saw a kid dragging a several month old puppy. The choker strap was tight around the neck of the puppy, and I watched the puppy whimper and cower due to the cruel treatment by the kid. Most likely, the kid's parents are being mean and cruel to the puppy too.

It made me cry.

I called and made a report to the metro area hotline for animal cruelty and mistreatment.
Hopefully they will respond before too long.

_____ ______
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #427
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Paying it forward

I went to Walmart's supermarket this morning to pick up some scallions and frozen burgers. A woman comes up to me while I"m in the self-service checkout and asks me how I'm paying for this. I tell her a debit or credit card, thinking she works at Walmart and is gonna tell me it's cash only (or something along those lines). She then asks me if she can pay it forward by paying for my two items. I ask her name (Sherice), tell her yes, and thank her for her generosity.

The tears start flowing as I exit the store. A woman smiles at me as we pass (she has on a mask but I see the smile in her eyes). I stop her, tell her what just happened to me, and ask her if she would let me pay it forward by accepting a five-dollar bill. She accepts it, thanks me, and we go on about our day.

Lucky me.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #428
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tears of joy...

Justice for George Floyd. God is good.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 05:23 PM   #429
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Justice for George Floyd. God is good.
There were many tears of justice today! Thank god!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #430
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I had a client today who told me about their Clown List. LMAO. I laughed so hard that I ended up in tears because his rationale about who makes it onto his Clown List was so heartbreakingly true.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #431
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Big cry was last Thursday. Cried for hours. Today wasn't really a cry just a few tears rolling down my cheek as I climbed up in my truck after picking up Skippy's ashes. I sure miss my boy.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #432
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Just thinking about how much I’m still suffering from having had Covid19. I’ve not been right since and the doctor says I probably never will be the same
Old 11-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #433
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Hum thinking of mom did it and life generaly how much i feel like it's going nowhere depressing
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #434
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Broke my wrist Sunday. Have cried each day since. Absolutely miserable pain. Then the ortho got the cast too tight so that adds pain. Can't fix it until tomorrow
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 02:49 AM   #435
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

It's Been 4 weeks since Scouty passed away
I wake and think its a nightmare n then realise she's gone
I can't seem to get my shit together

It;s terrible to say my cousin hung himself 3 days before Scout died,but Scouts passing is crippling me.

I don't even want to see people,or talk to anyone

I know ppl think she was just a dog

She was my everything,having cancer,I had even set up a trust for her,so her medical n food would be covered,if I died.

I cry most of the time n just drug myself of a night

I feel her death has broken me

She was so phisically healthy
To have dementia but be si fit for 11.5 yrs,feels so unfair
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2021, 07:40 AM   #436
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Realizing that the thoughts I had were true. I just dont understand why ppl have to lie.

Finding out I was just being used to repair her house and once that was done she was done with me.
Old 11-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #437
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Realizing that the thoughts I had were true. I just dont understand why ppl have to lie.

Finding out I was just being used to repair her house and once that was done she was done with me.
Oh Teddy, I'm so sorry. Please know I'm here with a shoulder for you😢

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 08:31 PM   #438
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

While at the lake today, memories of my sweet, old furbaby and how much he loved to camp and enjoy his time at the lake. He was such a sweet, good boy.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 10:10 PM   #439
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't cry in real time, but I cried in my dreams today? Sometimes there's just no escaping.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2022, 08:27 PM   #440
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday. Sometimes, life is a giant swift kick in the nuts, you know?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
cry, tears