nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

We have a "gifted" pair of cockatiels.
As most of the animals in this house, they came from a customer who could no longer keep them. We have had them over a year and assumed they were same sex. You know that saying about assuming. We noticed birdie boinking or cockatiel sex going on lately and thought that they were just bored. Um.....no. The other morning I found a tiny egg at the bottom of their cage. oh geeze. There are 2 eggs now and "mama" is sitting on them in her converted water dish/nest. Soooo.....THAT is what our pets did today or there abouts.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2021, 05:59 PM   #1842
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Poor Holle had a rough day. I think my busy, stressful schedule is wearing on her. So we spent some time playing in the yard this afternoon, where she proceeded to find the mud behind the shed and roll in it. Ended up needing a bath.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #1843
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Napped a lot, which is typical for him whenever I switch his food around. I had changed his diet for awhile to save some money but now that my debts are paid off I'm working on getting him back on track. He's not really liking this return to a higher standard of living.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2021, 06:30 AM   #1844
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, we are up to 3 eggs and "mama" is now sitting. They say 18 to 21 days for a hatch. Just one more adventure at the Cunningham pet menagerie/zoo.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2021, 03:54 PM   #1845
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Insisting both the slider and screen door be kept open so he can go in and out as and when he wants but not going out when he can.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #1846
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gracie has licked herself raw in spots on her legs and it breaks my heart to see her uncomfortable. I've narrowed it down to the new litter, the reintroduction of food that previously was not a problem or she's become allergic to dandelions because those little tufts of white are EVERYWHERE now so I know I've tracked some into the house. I'll go get new litter tomorrow and return the boxes I just bought and see if I can dredge up the old brand of food from somewhere. The reason I switched was because the store wasn't carrying it anymore so I might have to head online for it.

Loki, on the other hand, is his usual demanding, photogenic, lovable jerk self and is lounging on the tall cat tree like everything's status quo.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #1847
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh boy. Today was both my and Gracie's worst nightmare: a trip to the V.E.T. I almost had her on my first try but she's tiny and wiggly and FAST so it was another 10 minutes of me chasing her around the place before I could get her in the carrier. She cursed me out on the way there and then, while waiting for the tech to come out and get her, she turned away and refused to look at me.

Snarky lil sh*t, she is. Well, she gets it naturally, I say.

Anywho, the drama rose substantially as I was picking her up out of the tub (her hiding spot when scared or nervous) and trying to get her into the carrier when she started hissing and Loki, who insisted on getting in my way started hissing....at me or her, I couldn't tell....and he generally made a bad situation worse, as he likes to do. Have I mentioned that Loki is an asshole? A giant one, actually.

When Gracie came back, I let her back into her bathroom with some food since she got a steroid and it was dinner time anyway, and Loki barged in on her and tried to knock her on the hind quarters and hissed at her. Then he tried to steal her food. Oy vey. This happens any time they both don't go to the vet. One of them comes home smelling different and Loki, no matter if it's him or not, is a giant jerk and picks fights.

On a happy note, the vet thinks that we have some 'calming' options for Gracie. My theory that it was allergies causing her to scratch and lick and chew her fur off is correct. They aren't sure what is causing it but they gave her a steroid and an antibiotic and I'll watch her for a couple of weeks. If there's no improvement, back we go and this mess starts all over again.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 10:42 PM   #1848
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

No delicate way around outright saying it – Monte is pooping rocks! He did it occasionally way back when but it was rare. Switching to an all canned food diet and hitting on the right one, I had him almost as pretty and healthy looking as as the day he found me but then the company changed it's recipe. Now I've got him on what is supposedly the best canned cat food you can buy off the shelf but the problem is getting worse.

The vet has him on a little pumpkin added into his canned food until we can get him in. He doesn't think it's anything too serious or even if it is, something that will endanger his life if we don't take bold, aggressive measures, act immediately. So unless he gets worse all we can do is wait until they have an opening. The good news is though he was a bit apprehensive at first after we discovered he liked it he just wolfed it down.

I'm not sure what it could be if it isn't food, he drinks plenty of water no problem there, doesn't seem to be sick, straining or in any pain. It's an ongoing problem that seems to be getting worse despite my best efforts. All I can do is take comfort in the fact that he has a good vet and so far all his checkups have been fine. Once when I was concerned about something or the other, he had x-rays. Complete waste of money, his score - A+.

In better news J was able to get him penciled in at the kitty salon. I can't believe it's going to cost more than costs me to get my hair done and leave a tip! Well not a lot of choice I was only able to find two groomers in our area who work with cats. One from a bulletin board ad, the other a pet store employee. Both could be equally good but just in case I'm picking the one I'd find easier to sue the pants off as punishment if they harm my cat.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #1849
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

That's a shame about the cost of the groomer, FSF. My groomer charges less than $50 for shaving Loki and will even trim both cats' nails too.

By 'rocks', do you mean just really hard poo or calcified lumps?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #1850
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That's a shame about the cost of the groomer, FSF. My groomer charges less than $50 for shaving Loki and will even trim both cats' nails too.

Both. I hope it doesn't mean there's more than just one thing going wrong. I'm encouraged because it's better today, just not as improved as I'd hoped.
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #1851
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I vote for "calcified lumps" though "hard poo" would be a close runner up.
Both, of course, are preferrable to looose runny guck.

Maybe we could vote.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2021, 07:01 PM   #1852
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

I think Monte needs a sister.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #1853
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Last night was going well. I was finishing up in my journal and was going to head to bed early and then I heard the sound that just about every pet owner knows and dreads.

Loki blew chunks on the floor. I was thankful that he did it on the LVP flooring instead of the carpet so I cleaned it up and went back to getting ready for bed and then, there it was again. This time I wasn't so lucky. He nailed one of the rugs. Ugh.

I feel for him having an upset tummy but I do so wish he'd keep it on the tile or the vinyl. By the time I cleaned up the second round and took up his ammunition...I mean, the rest of his dinner...I wasn't sleepy any more so I cruised online.

And that is why it is Loki's fault that I spent way too much on Etsy and Amazon last night.

The End.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #1854
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

He went on a picnic. He was a good boy and had a really good time with his new experiences.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:32 PM   #1855
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gracie is doing one of those weird 'cat things'. She settles down in her tucked under position and just sits there, looking straight ahead. Ten minutes later and she's in a new location but doing the exact same thing. Rinse, lather and repeat. WTH is that?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:40 PM   #1856
afemmenatalie

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, honey, dear, but never babe
Relationship Status:
single

afemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputationafemmenatalie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Gracie is doing one of those weird 'cat things'. She settles down in her tucked under position and just sits there, looking straight ahead. Ten minutes later and she's in a new location but doing the exact same thing. Rinse, lather and repeat. WTH is that?
Gracie is meditating!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afemmenatalie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #1857
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2021, 02:57 PM   #1858
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Is kitty channeling omnipotent Thor or the more mischievous, Loki?
Good, good kitty!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2022, 12:04 PM   #1859
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

I walked into my bathroom to find our house chicken (don't ask) happily taking a dust bath in the cat litter box.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2022, 08:54 AM   #1860
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Throw up in the truck 3 times! Ewwe

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets