Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #761
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gov. Inslee: Most schools unsafe to reopen in Washington state...

Most schools should go online-only and cancel sports, Inslee says.
Published August 5, 2020COVID-19 in WashingtonAssociated Press

SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee said Wednesday that schools in the majority of Washington’s counties should strongly consider online-only learning for students this fall due to COVID-19 and canceling or postponing sports and all other in-person extracurricular activities. Inslee made the announcement with the superintendent of public instruction for Washington and the state’s health officer. Washington officials broke down their school guidelines - which are recommendations, not requirements - into categories for counties deemed high risk, moderate risk and low risk.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/most-sch...ts-inslee-says
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #762
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Parents are overly anxious to get kids back in school. They need to cool their jets or they'll end up with no kids. Believe all learning ought to be remote until we can get CoVid-19 under control and/or a children's dose gets released. We have those Trumpsters to thank for all this mess. But, will we ever without a vaccine mandate. The mandate's got to have teeth, though.
You're proving to be absolutely right about parents cooling their jets or ending up with no kids....
Old 09-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #763
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default States Where Schools Are Closed or Partially Closed Due to COVID..

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
You're proving to be absolutely right about parents cooling their jets or ending up with no kids....
CORONAVIRUS IN TEXAS
At least 45 districts shut down in-person classes due to COVID-19 cases, affecting more than 40,000 students.

ALASKA, CALIFORNIA,MINNESOTA, MICHIGAN, IDAHO, the list goes on and on!
Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #764
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,467 Times in 2,633 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default COVID-19

They are saying there is a good possibility of yet another 3rd. booster shot and they are also finding people who are fully vaccinated getting the virus and having to be hospilized.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #765
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The vaccines were never meant to stop people from getting COVID at all. They are for the purpose of reducing death and serious illness from it.

So far, it's only Pfizer that has the booster. Moderna has applied to work on it but Johnson & Johnson has not. I remember reading somewhere that a mix 'n match strategy would be the most effective so I might wind up getting the Pfizer booster since my original vaccination was with Moderna. I've been fortunate so far. *knock on wood*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:28 PM   #766
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's very misleading to bring up the exception without mentioning the rule. Well over 90% of hospitalizations and deaths from COVID are among the unvaccinated. No vaccine, drug, or other medical procedure is 100% effective in 100% of people. It's fine to acknowledge that some vaccinated people have suffered ill effects but it should not be stated without the other information about the vaccines' overall extremely high effectiveness rate.

The last thing we want to do is spread information that will cause people to be hesitant about taking a vaccine and/or booster shot if needed. They have been proven to be overwhelmingly effective. For the few who are vaccinated and do end up hospitalized and/or die- that does not prove or indicate the vaccines are not effective. It means some people's health and bodies cannot withstand the challenges of COVID even when vaccinated. It's COVID that is causing them problems, not the vaccines. The vaccines are just not enough for a small percentage of people.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 02:27 AM   #767
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I got the booster yesterday and my arm is really sore. I went to my pharmacy to make an appointment to get the booster and they were able to squeeze me in because the woman in line ahead of me cancelled her appt.

My arm is sore and my energy is lower than usual. I’ll just take it easy today and tomorrow, if necessary.

I’m back to wearing masks and gloves and I probably won’t see any family for the holidays. Some family members have received the vaccine and some haven’t. I’m just not ready to take chances like that so I’ll just hang out on the lake in the femme cave on my own.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #768
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,467 Times in 2,633 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caronavirus

I have had both shots and am only saying what was on the news. No need for people to get defensive. No need to try stating more I won't upset this apple cart any more and will keep my opinions to myself. So sorry.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:32 AM   #769
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I am definitely not the one who is being defensive. I’m also not going around posting childish crap about being picked on in another thread right after posting in here. If I were to inadvertently say anything untrue or misleading about the virus and someone pointed it out to me I would take responsibility for what I said. I also don’t claim to be sorry about anything when it’s obvious I am not.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #770
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, Oregon marked over 4K deaths since the onset of Covid-19 in 2020.

Here is a timeline of Covid-19 fatalities in our state:
Nov. 2020 - over 1K deaths recorded.
Jan 2021 - over 2k (...)
Aug 2021 (just two months ago) - over 3K
October 2021 - another 1K people died, which raises the death toll to over 4K.
Since winter of 2020, Oregon has recorded over 4 thousand deaths from Covid-19. If I recall correctly, the past six months has seen just how brutal the Delta variant is, which has taken the lives of the youngest and frailest of those *not* vaccinated for protection against this dangerous viral infection.

Rico and I hope we can get a booster shot soon. It might be awhile for me, though, because I got the J&J single dose vax. Maybe by the first of the year all vax makers will get their booster shots approved.

We continue to mask up and keep our distance at work or while out in public. Even our Thanksgiving activity with family and family friends will be carefully planned for attendees and we will utilize every tool we can to ensure personal safety for ourselves and everyone. We won't be celebrating Christmas or New Years with others. These twin winter holidays will be just for us, on our own with each other.

Please stay safe, everyone.

--K--

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #771
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Colin Powell, America's 1st Black Secretary of State, passed last night from complications after contracting Covid-19. He was 84 yrs old and his family states that he was fully vaccinated, as well. Rest in peace.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/polit...ies/index.html

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #772
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Just to quickly stop by and share that I actually got my booster shot, yesterday. My first vax was the single dose by J&J and my booster shot was also made by J&J. My fiancée Rico well get his booster shot next week, as well. So far, all I have is a very sore muscle in my left arm.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #773
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The other day during yearly update my worker asked if I'd be interested if a third vaccine one were made made available. I guess they're conducting a survey, trying to gauge interest, need. Handy chart showing various types/recommendations-

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-vaccines.html
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #774
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Fully vaccinated and immune for CoVid-19. The pharmacists here are a bit archaic, they wouldn't give either the annual flu, Pneumovax, or shingles shot at the same time. In the military, they make members into pin-cushions. Navy SEAL ex-husband told me all about sore arms before a South American "training mission" to who knows where when his team went down what sounded like a gauntlet of corpsmen (yeah, they were still called by masculine pronouns) getting shots from both sides. He was a little under the weather for a few days, but wouldn't 'fess up. Went for his usual run and cut the grass, too.

Sounded a little extreme, but "the teams" aren't supposed to be phased by much of anything. I only found out because of being his wife.

Any hoo, my partner, and anyone we associate with has been vaccinated for CoVid-19 (or is too chicken to tell us not). No associates will even admit that they voted for 45 or supports the Big Lie, if any do/did.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #775
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Up to 90 COVID-19 cases linked to high school wrestling tournaments in Washington.

So far, between 80 and 90 COVID-19 cases have been linked to four high school wrestling tournaments in Washington state. The tournaments all took place on Dec. 4.

Sidebar: I remember parents being interviewed at the start of the school year and them saying it was time to get kids back into sports. Well smart move folks!

Is it any wonder we're still dealing with Covid?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2021, 08:59 AM   #776
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Yes, get vaccinated BUT also............

USE COMMON SENSE as well!!!!

If I hear one more person blame the unvaccinated for this latest fiasco with
COVID I'm going to scream!

IMO the CDC isn't issuing enough strong warnings on COVID and prevention of it since the vaccine came along! Again in my opinion they have dropped the ball and seem to only want to preach about getting vaccinated! For the life of me I don't see how they can say it's safe to travel, attending sporting events, etc etc!

I don't know if it's economy driven or the fact that us spoiled Americans just won't be unconvinced that is driving reckless behavior!

I have the vaccine, but I also have a brain! I'm NOT going to travel, or attend any big event spreaders, etc etc. What I am going to do is wear my mask and gloves, limit my exposure to others as much as possible, and pray to god that I don't get COVID!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #777
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I came across the following, found it interesting and thought I'd pass it along

United States Census Bureau – Household Plus Survey Data Tables, results based on information collected so far. Currently we're in phase 3.3 of the study which is scheduled to continue until February of 2022 but results for those intersted for Phase 1 – 3.2 are available online at -

https://www.census.gov/programs-surv...rvey/data.html
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2021, 04:58 AM   #778
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default It's about time.........

Mon, December 20, 2021, 2:00 AM

Americans are tired of COVID and don't want another round of cancellations, but they're happening anyway.

Omicron is spreading so fast that it's forcing officials' hands, and scrambling Americans' plans just two weeks after an Axios-Ipsos poll found that most weren't interested in upending their lives to avoid the new variant.

"This virus is extraordinary. It has a doubling time of anywhere from two to three days," NIAID director Anthony Fauci told Jake Tapper on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday.

President Biden plans to deliver remarks Tuesday on the status of the fight against COVID, including new steps the administration will be taking to help communities in need of assistance, a White House official told Axios.

"The President will also issue a stark warning of what the winter will look like for Americans that choose to remain unvaccinated," the official said.

Professional sports teams and entertainment venues, as well as corporations and schools, have all announced cancellations and closures in recent days.

The NBA rescheduled five more games over the weekend after the NHL and NFL rescheduled several games last week.

Radio City Music Hall canceled the Rockettes' remaining Christmas shows and iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball Concert in Miami was scrapped — just two major examples of a flurry of live entertainment halted in cities across the U.S.

After Omicron derailed many company end-of-the-year parties, many are giving up on return to work altogether right now, Axios' Erica Pandey writes. Businesses like restaurants have already begun to feel Omicron's painful effects, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Schools around the country — including in New York, Maryland, the District of Columbia and Missouri — shifted to virtual learning in the days leading up to their holiday breaks, Insider reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/omicron-f...100006382.html
Old 12-20-2021, 06:03 AM   #779
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
USE COMMON SENSE as well!!!!

If I hear one more person blame the unvaccinated for this latest fiasco with
COVID I'm going to scream!

IMO the CDC isn't issuing enough strong warnings on COVID and prevention of it since the vaccine came along! Again in my opinion they have dropped the ball and seem to only want to preach about getting vaccinated! For the life of me I don't see how they can say it's safe to travel, attending sporting events, etc etc!

I don't know if it's economy driven or the fact that us spoiled Americans just won't be unconvinced that is driving reckless behavior!

I have the vaccine, but I also have a brain! I'm NOT going to travel, or attend any big event spreaders, etc etc. What I am going to do is wear my mask and gloves, limit my exposure to others as much as possible, and pray to god that I don't get COVID!

Fauci urges Americans to stay 'prudent' as omicron 'something to be reckoned with'.

Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that the omicron variant has overtaken all other COVID-19 mutations and is "something to be reckoned with," but said Americans should be able to gather with family for the holidays if they stay "prudent."

"If you are vaccinated and boosted and are prudent when you travel when you’re in an airport to be wearing a mask all the time, you have to be wearing a mask on a plane. Do not do things like go to gatherings where there are people who you do not know what their vaccination status is," Fauci told ABC chief Washington correspondent John Karl on "This Week."

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the White House chief medical adviser, added that the omicron variant has an "extraordinary capability" of transmitting from one person to another as it rapidly spreads across the country.

"It seems to be overtaking all the other variants, including delta, with a doubling time of about two to three days, which means that this is really something to be reckoned with," he said. "It is really rapidly spreading literally throughout the world and certainly in our own country."
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2021, 09:07 AM   #780
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

According to the latest forecast from AAA, more than 109 million people were set to travel 50 miles or further for the end of year holidays, including Christmas and New Year’s. That’s up 34% from last year, and just 8% below the levels seen before the COVID-19 pandemic.

And many more families were planning to fly this year. AAA expected that 6.4 million people would travel by plane, nearly triple the number of people who traveled that way last year.

Yet, the emergence of the omicron variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has many questioning their holiday plans, especially as there’s been more evidence that people who are vaccinated against the virus can still contract the omicron variant. As of Dec. 19, there were over 72,000 new COVID-19 cases reported nationwide, according to the New York Times COVID tracker. The number of new cases has steadily risen throughout December, and hospitalizations are also increasing.

‘The truth is the safest thing with COVID is to stay home, if that’s the only consideration.’ — Dr. Preeti Malani, an infectious disease physician and chief health officer at the University of Michigan.

In all fairness the article goes on to address mental health saying “There is a huge risk to not getting together this year,” “People have been isolated, and that is every bit as much of a risk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...ays/ar-AAS0zfe

Sidebar: IMO there's always some commotion at family get-to-togethers! Someone voices and brings up an perceived slight, someone drinks a little too much liquor, etc etc! I say stay home, if possible, and deprive yourself of all that merriment
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: