Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-18-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default To vaccinate or not to vaccinate.......that is the question

I got my first vaccine as did my partner and quite a few people I know. I know many who are on the fence and a few who are dead set against it. Where do you fall on the vaccinations spectrum? I'm all for them as long as they don't kill me.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I definitely believe people should have a choice. Those that get it, go back to live in their communities. Those that refuse get sent out alone in a rowboat out into the Atlantic so they can stand on their principles and DO NO HARM to anyone else.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #3
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I'm all for choice..However I will not be getting the vaccine, from any of the manufacturers.

New variants, conflicting reports on side effects, deaths, etc is the main factor...

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I”m all for getting the vaccine and have gotten the first of two shots. I’d rather take my chances with it than without it.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #5
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

My first shot is tomorrow. It never occurred to me not to get vaccinated. I've been vaccinated against everything available. It's science.

I don't know anyone who is choosing not to get vaccinated, although there might be one or two in my extended family who've simply not expressed that. While I realize it's by choice, don't be surprised if it is mandatory for attending some things.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #6
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think anyone can be forced to get the vaccine but I would definitely be for keeping people who refuse to take the vaccine out of situations and places where they could pose danger to others. I certainly think there could be situations where having to show proof of being vaccinated would be appropriate once everyone has had the opportunity for it.

I have signed up for the waiting list and I am patiently waiting my turn.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #7
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I got my first vaccine as did my partner and quite a few people I know. I know many who are on the fence and a few who are dead set against it. Where do you fall on the vaccinations spectrum? I'm all for them as long as they don't kill me.
It's a game of chance...probability of getting COVID versus probability of side effects from vaccine. I think my odds are better getting the vaccine.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2021, 08:47 PM   #8
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I AM going to get the vax....BUT it HAS to be the J&J for me. The question is WHEN will it be available in my state again!!

Having had several anaphylactic reactions to 2 vaccines & one liquid med, I am not a candidate for the PB nor the Moderna.

Governor KillUSAll says we won't be able to get any more J&J for "about 3 or 4 weeks.

However, I will log on every WEDNESDAY at 700am on a grocery chain website to TRY to get one.....problem is, once 100% of available doses are booked for MY county (took just 12 minutes yesterday) that shoots that day to try to register. PLUS now that the age limit went to 60 +, it is even more folks vying!

Who even knows how many appointments are in the "100%" booked window. Could be 50 or could be 100....etc etc

I WILL get one sometime or the other.... Never was an "option" to NOT get one!
Old 03-19-2021, 07:21 PM   #9
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I get my 2nd shot April 5th. I'm wondering if I will have any of the side effects from the 2nd shot and wondering if I should go to work or not if I do. That said the 1st shot made my arm sore but only for 2 days and only when I would raise my arm to scan a barcode above my shoulder😂. One of my coworkers said he itched after his first shot. Said his arms and chest itched. We both had the Moderna.

My Mom hasn't taken it or scheduled. Scares me to death for her and my sister works in health care and lives with Mom and says she isn't taking it due to the side effects. Are there side effects to death? There ya go!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #10
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Getting my 2nd Pfizer vax tomorrow. What are everyone's thoughts on all this? I mean is it really worth it not to vax? I mean you got the "it's my body" people and that's all well and good as long there isn't some crazy drain on resources because you didn't want a vaccine for whatever reason(s). Now one of the things I found interesting is that the Covid Pandemic even had an effect on the psych wards where even those resulted in some deaths from people really in need of care being turned away and then they are no longer with us. I do know many who will no vaccinate. Most live out in the boonies. I dunno....I'm just reading up on things and it seems that you may not be able to travel much without that vaccination card. I guess we'll see.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #11
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got vaccinated in February because I work for a healthcare organization. I received the Pfizer vaccine. It went very well. Scientifically, getting vaccinated makes the most sense and the research for Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson shows high levels of efficacy.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #12
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Never gave much thought to not getting the vaccine. Best option for me, my family, and public safety. While I agree in people's right to choose whether or not they get it, I also believe it is in the public's best interest to get vaccinated if it is safe for you to do so. It will help stop the spread and protect those who cannot get the vaccine for any number of reasons.

I received the J&J on Saturday, which was my first choice, but I would not have turned down the others if it had become available first. I recommend everyone to hydrate well the day before and the day of their vaccination.

Also, the pharmaceutical companies, CDC, and FDA do take the feedback seriously on these vaccines. I encourage anyone that has a reaction to reach out to the company or use V-safe to report it.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #13
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
...the pharmaceutical companies, CDC, and FDA do take the feedback seriously on these vaccines. I encourage anyone that has a reaction to reach out to the company or use V-safe to report it.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ety/vsafe.html
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #14
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Recieved the J&J vax @ 0800 hrs, this morning. So far, I am feeling fine; no side effects.

I agree with Randrum. Be sure to register your assigned vax serial number with V-safe CDC website. The nursing staff told me that if or when a booster is developed for your type of Covid vax, that you will be notified via that data base admin.

Now for Rico to get his second dose (he got Pfizer vax).

One, and done (for now)

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think vaccination is a better option than nothing but everyone needs to be realistic; it's not a cure. Currently, there are 246 people in Michigan that are fully vaccinated and have COVID. 3 others that were fully vaccinated still died from COVID. It's. not. a. cure. You still need masks. You still need to socially distance. All it does is cut your chances of passing it along (but not 100%) and is more likely to keep your symptoms on the lighter to moderate side versus extreme or in the hospital on a ventilator.

I've found that the people who give me the most grief about wearing masks at my workplace are those that are vaccinated, including 2 doctors. Ridiculous.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 04:51 AM   #16
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

We are fully vaxed here. Daddy actually works for one of the pharma companies that produced a vax so it helped to hear a lot along the way on the testing procedures, ethics, etc. Working in a crisis center/homeless shelter I've been bombarded with exposures. I'm so grateful to have been able to get the vaccine.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 AM   #17
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think vaccination is a better option than nothing but everyone needs to be realistic; it's not a cure. Currently, there are 246 people in Michigan that are fully vaccinated and have COVID. 3 others that were fully vaccinated still died from COVID. It's. not. a. cure. You still need masks. You still need to socially distance. All it does is cut your chances of passing it along (but not 100%) and is more likely to keep your symptoms on the lighter to moderate side versus extreme or in the hospital on a ventilator.

I've found that the people who give me the most grief about wearing masks at my workplace are those that are vaccinated, including 2 doctors. Ridiculous.
I think that’s three dead and 246 with COVID out of 1.8 million who have been vaccinated. I can work with those numbers. Yes, we must continue to wear masks and I suggest gloves, too. If nothing else, we can be carriers after being inoculated.

Yep, it’s ridiculous and shameful that anyone would give you a hard time — especially those who are vaccinated. People can be such asses. Here’s hoping you stay healthy and safe.

I’m in western Michigan where they really don’t like wearing masks. Luckily, all the businesses I use insist on it.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 07:24 PM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
I'm planning on getting vaccinated but I must admit I'm leary now with the recent reports of blood clots developing, especially with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine!

I've beaten the grim reaper twice when it comes to blood clots, and not looking for any situation for making the third time the charm....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #19
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I got my 2nd Moderna vaccine Monday. I had no side effects. The injection site itched like poison ivy the next day and there was a lump at the injection site. I don't consider these side effects.

My 2 coworkers took theirs Monday as well. Both called in Tuesday. One said he just didn't feel good sorta weak. The other said he had the worst headache he ever had in his life. My human resources manage said his legs felt weak the next day. So there is a possible wide variety of side effects including none at all.

Can't wait to hug my Mama!

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 03:40 PM   #20
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I got both vaccines in January due to my medical condition it put me to the top of the list. I received the Pfizer. Other than a sore arm I didn’t get any symptoms or side effects from the vaccination. This comes from someone who cannot take any pain meds that are on the market or the ones that were before them that are no longer on the market due to severe side effects or reactions. I can’t even wear a Band-Aid because I’m allergic to the adhesive. IV’s are a scream fest!
Educate yourself and vaccinate yourself if not for yourself for others.

Pardon my lack of grammar I’m tired.