Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do you have weird ass "Festivals" around where you live?

We sure do here! Take this weekend for example, it's the "Elvis Fest" in the 'Depot Town' area of beautiful downtown Ypsilanti (the "Y" is silent) Michigan. Depot Town is kinda the little area most towns have, that has like cool places to eat and drink and little touristy shops. Imagine being down there and hundreds of Elvis impersonators wandering around, sitting in the outside bars. LoL!!

http://mielvisfest.org/

Meanwhile, in downtown Ann Arbor next weekend, it's the 53 annual Ann Arbor Art Fair. It boasts being "The only juried art fair in the world". It brings about 150,000 visitors to Ann Arbor. People ask every year, "Are you going to the Art Fair?" I tell them "HELL NO!!" LoL!! I grew up in Ann Arbor, I know the insanity that is Art Fair! I stay far, FAR away from downtown Ann Arbor during Art Fair.

Even so, I really can't avoid it. I work in the ER at U of M hospital and we get quite a few folks from the Art Fair. Since it's ALWAYS the hottest week of the year, we usually get our fair share of heat strokes and dehydration.

http://artfairs.visitannarbor.org/

And there's a ton more scheduled for a 50 mile radius of me every weekend through Halloween!

I usually end up at the Art Fair about once every 5 or 6 years. I go for the food court..they have GREAT food vendors! I don't go to many of the hundreds of festivals around me though, too damn many people!

And I just have to say this, please forgive me for yelling!

DOGS DO NOT BELONG AT THESE EVENTS!!

OK, I feel better! LoL!! So how about anyone else? Any weird assed festivals around you? Ya goin'?
skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not sure if this is weird enough but we have this coming up nearby.

http://www.solarfest.org/

It's about renewable energy but I've been told it's also a big hippie gathering. I haven't been.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default why, yes. Yes, we do!

http://bftwaterfestival.com/

I have gone ONE time! It is a MADHOUSE! The whole main street, Bay Street is closed off, as are several blocks around it!
There are bed races down Bay Street. Raft races, an air show, a water skier show, a kids fishing tourney, and bands, a street dance, and a whole host of other activities. It is on the downtown waterfront & Marina.
There is a new theme every year, an artist designs the art for that year, and along with the log, is printed on memorabilia.
There are vendors out in the park area...who are set up for the first 6 days, then have to tear down and move completely for the Lowcountry supper, then re set back up Fri am for 2.5 more days.
BUT it is a HUGE success as it is in its 57th year!!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

This festival is near-by...it is pretty weird, and also awesome. (and quite tasty! though I wasn't impressed with the garlic ice cream )

http://garlicandarts.org/

The North Quabbin Garlic & Arts Festival.

"The North Quabbin Garlic and Arts Festival is a celebration of the artistic, agricultural and cultural bounty of the region. The purpose of the festival is to unite North Quabbin people whose livelihoods are connected to the land and the arts, and to invite both local residents and those who do not live in the region to experience the richness of an area that is often overlooked.

The festival emphasizes what is homegrown, handmade and high quality, as well as what helps preserve and support the environment and the community. Everyone involved – organizers, exhibitors, volunteers, performers, attendees, a supportive community – makes the festival what it is: an engaging, fun and educational celebration for all ages."
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Weird because of some of the entertaining Brownsmead natives and transplants...I nominate The Brownsmead Cornfeed.

All you can eat corn on the cob dinner held at the Brownsmead Grange Hall. Everyone digs out their best corn utensils, dishes, and bibs. Condiments on the table can include: Butter, chile powder, Tapatio sauce, lemon pepper, Parmesan cheese, etc....

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Oh...and I forgot Portland's Naked Bike Ride...

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

im SOO glad this topic came up! We have a couple that raise eyebrows like the asparagus festival....but the one that amuses me most is the cow flop festival...they fence off the common in a little neighboring town, put a herd of cows on the common, and you "buy" a square of the common and if a cow ummm "flops" on your square....you win! My daughter has won prizes...i never have.... Life in a tiny new england town my friends we have to amuse ourselves somehow.....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

You mean like the Rutabaga Fest or Catfish Days... yes then, we sure do. Not actually in my city, but the surrounding smaller communities have some odd things they like to "celebrate".

Ah well, what can ya do... xD
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Next weekend is the Watermelon Festival over in Pageland...

http://pagelandwatermelonfestival.com/
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
LoL!! Now THAT festival I may come out of hiding and lead the cheering section! Can you see it? Bikers by the dozens being blown off their bikes due to the gale force winds that are being generated by the cheering section doing the WAVE!! LoL!!

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Weird because of some of the entertaining Brownsmead natives and transplants...I nominate The Brownsmead Cornfeed.

All you can eat corn on the cob dinner held at the Brownsmead Grange Hall. Everyone digs out their best corn utensils, dishes, and bibs. Condiments on the table can include: Butter, chile powder, Tapatio sauce, lemon pepper, Parmesan cheese, etc....

Weird yet oddly enticing

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Boll Weevil festival

Why any town would have a festival named this is a mystery to me. A festival should be in celebration of something.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #13
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Boll Weevil festival

Why any town would have a festival named this is a mystery to me. A festival should be in celebration of something.
That is an odd festival. Haha!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 03:08 AM   #14
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Is this still held? Fremont Solstice Parade Nude Bike Ride seems very similar
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #15
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default About 2 Hrs Away We Have

The National Lentil Festival. From left to right here are your hosts
Tase T. Lentil and Dan D. Pea -

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #16
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default a couple in SC

IN Salley,SC they have the annual Chitlin Strut.

Ridgeland,SC has the annual Gopher Festival...

One town I can't recall has an annual okra festival.... LOVE me some good fried okra
Old 04-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #17
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

One of the weirdest festivals I've been to in Wisconsin is Mayfly days in Lacrosse. It's a celebration of the mass hatching of millions of Mayflies in the area.

The swarms are so huge, they actually show up on radar.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #18
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_01 View Post
We sure do here! Take this weekend for example, it's the "Elvis Fest" in the 'Depot Town' area of beautiful downtown Ypsilanti (the "Y" is silent) Michigan. Depot Town is kinda the little area most towns have, that has like cool places to eat and drink and little touristy shops. Imagine being down there and hundreds of Elvis impersonators wandering around, sitting in the outside bars. LoL!!

http://mielvisfest.org/

Meanwhile, in downtown Ann Arbor next weekend, it's the 53 annual Ann Arbor Art Fair. It boasts being "The only juried art fair in the world". It brings about 150,000 visitors to Ann Arbor. People ask every year, "Are you going to the Art Fair?" I tell them "HELL NO!!" LoL!! I grew up in Ann Arbor, I know the insanity that is Art Fair! I stay far, FAR away from downtown Ann Arbor during Art Fair.

Even so, I really can't avoid it. I work in the ER at U of M hospital and we get quite a few folks from the Art Fair. Since it's ALWAYS the hottest week of the year, we usually get our fair share of heat strokes and dehydration.

http://artfairs.visitannarbor.org/

And there's a ton more scheduled for a 50 mile radius of me every weekend through Halloween!

I usually end up at the Art Fair about once every 5 or 6 years. I go for the food court..they have GREAT food vendors! I don't go to many of the hundreds of festivals around me though, too damn many people!

And I just have to say this, please forgive me for yelling!

DOGS DO NOT BELONG AT THESE EVENTS!!

OK, I feel better! LoL!! So how about anyone else? Any weird assed festivals around you? Ya goin'?
skeet
Skeeter, your art fair sounds like our Art Fair on the Square. Always the hottest weekend of the summer, wall to wall people all weekend long.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #19
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
IN Salley,SC they have the annual Chitlin Strut.

Ridgeland,SC has the annual Gopher Festival...

One town I can't recall has an annual okra festival.... LOVE me some good fried okra
I don't know about now, but when I was growing up and they had the chitlin strut they did not cook the chitlins in Wagner-Sally I guess cuz they stink so bad cooking they wouldn't have any visitors LOL

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #20
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lentils????

National Lentil Festival August 17th & 18th Pullman WA

I guess if you love Lentils this may be right up your alley then. They have a demo stage, legendary cook-off contest, etc etc...

Lentils who knew
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: