Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #401
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my 22nd game I've attended so far. Yeah baby, love my Bucco's. And These tickets were bought last year. Who ever guessed they'd be winning like this.

OK, So I survived the 95 degree heat, I drank five, 20oz. bottles of water @ $3.75 each....is that insane or what?....anyhow, I knew I had to drink water because if I didn't, I'd get that nasty ass headache and the dizzy stuff.

Loyal fan that I am, I am proud to report, I did not once go inside the club for A/C. I sat in my box seat and baked better than a lay's potato chip. Yes, I wore sunscreen, and yes I wore an ugly hat.....but it was not enough. I just took a precautionary motrin and am currently chugging IRONMAN PERFORM (GNC's version of gatorade),

Now for some base ball news. Pirates lost. Errors! Once again we had our short stop and third baseman backing up the play crawling around on their hands and knees to get the ball......three errors.

Overpaid did nothing today, but leave two runners on base twice....and got booed for it. (yes, I was one who was very vocal) We gave away the game. I hate when we do that.

It's anybodys division. The reds, the cardinals, the brewers or the pirates....a slump right now, will put any of the four mentioned teams into the basement as we are all tied for first as I type this.

Enjoy your evening games! I have a feeling I'll be in bed earlier than usual.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 AM   #402
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Wait I want orange shoe laces... wait that would clash with my red leather sneakers. Scrap that idea. Heck this week I would just love to have time to watch a game. I watched the FIFA final on Sunday with some girlfriends. I inwardly whined cause I coulda watched the latter half of a game, any game, on Sunday after that...but I had company. I mentioned, in my most cheerful voice, we could watch baseball. And so after that was shot down we sat about and chatted. I was still inwardly whining like a puppy that wants to play ball.

Enjoy Lincecum. I like watching him.

Just sharin'....
LOL- no takers, eh?

Damn, the Dodgers beat us 1-0- no score until the 7th (homerun by Navarro)! Lincecum was great as usual (love the "Freak"), but Kershaw was better- hell of a pitcher (12 strikeouts, Lincecum had 7). sad loss for our Timmy!

Again, our offense just didn't get the job done! Keppinger had his SF debut after flying in from Houston in the AM! Had a delayed flight to boot- but he did nothing with the bat just like everyone else.

We play the brewers at home on Thursday evening.

I think SF will take the division- but unless we start hitting consistently, we won't get much further.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #403
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
LOL- no takers, eh?

Damn, the Dodgers beat us 1-0- no score until the 7th (homerun by Navarro)! Lincecum was great as usual (love the "Freak"), but Kershaw was better- hell of a pitcher (12 strikeouts, Lincecum had 7). sad loss for our Timmy!

Again, our offense just didn't get the job done! Keppinger had his SF debut after flying in from Houston in the AM! Had a delayed flight to boot- but he did nothing with the bat just like everyone else.

We play the brewers at home on Thursday evening.

I think SF will take the division- but unless we start hitting consistently, we won't get much further.
Nope no takers. I am alone in my love for Baseball. One friend said she would rather watch paint dry....silly little girl.

I am quite fond of the nickname the Freak.

Kershaw is a hell of a pitcher. I don't get to watch the Dodgers often, but that kid can throw. His stats are solid. He has been a Dodger since the beginning, if I am not mistaken.

I am sad with where the Jays are... sad sad sad Canadian. But whatever, GO JOSE!!!

Ahhhh... I am *hopeful* for a part of a game on Sunday.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #404
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default pirates vs cardnials

raining heavily.......most likely a delay. hope it rains long enough to cool it off, not make it worse

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 04:40 AM   #405
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Good morning!

Finally the game got going, but the cardnials scored four runs in the first inning.....and we couldn't mount the big come back....6 to 5....with more rain, not enough to cool it off, only made it worse.

Now, the Giants are playing the brewers and we need the giants to pick it up. The brewers have a great offense and can kill you with those bats.
I hope you can watch it on TV Atlast. It should be good games. Both first place teams in the division...(well, pirates are hanging on by half a game)thats how insanely close this race is........

Old 07-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #406
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Good morning!

Finally the game got going, but the cardnials scored four runs in the first inning.....and we couldn't mount the big come back....6 to 5....with more rain, not enough to cool it off, only made it worse.

Now, the Giants are playing the brewers and we need the giants to pick it up. The brewers have a great offense and can kill you with those bats.
I hope you can watch it on TV Atlast. It should be good games. Both first place teams in the division...(well, pirates are hanging on by half a game)thats how insanely close this race is........
LOL... you bet I am watching my guys against the Brewers! We got 'em yesterday! Great game. yes, those bats! Our bullpen is the solution to those bats. Damn, though, SF has got to get hot on offense or no way will we do well in the play-offs.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #407
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

After dropping two straight to the Cards, (remember I said they play baseball close to perfect) Clint Hurdle (Our Manager) decided it was time to force them to make errors. We played recklessly aggressive on those basepads, and it worked. They made throwing errors and mental errors, and we eeeked out a win to avoid a sweep and thanks to your Giants beating the Brew Crew, we hold first place by % points.

Pittsburghers raised the Jolly Rogers!.........(smile)

Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #408
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

National television last night....the Pirates are getting some attention! It was blacked out here. So, 100 games have been played, 62 to go. And here we are in first place. We beat the braves who threw Tim Hudson at us. To get a win, on a Nationally televised game, from a really good team is a confidence booster. I really like Ryan Doumit, our Catcher, who is rehabbing a broken ankle, but this Micheal Mchenry is a keeper. A catcher who can play defense, I don't remember the last one....don't say Kendall, many base runners ran successfully off of him. They don't mess with Mchenry's accurate arm. He'll catch them at first too. His hitting has to pick up some, and more time in the majors should help him. I say this alot and I'll say it again, baseball to me, is mostly pitching and catching~the battery~....I'm loving on you Mike!

So, no one has asked me what a jolly roger is? I'm guessing you've all googled it, or IGNORED it!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #409
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Jolly Roger the pirate flag right?

The Bosox are doing weird things. They are notorious for their August meltdowns. I think we are seeing hints of one coming.

We are struggling in our series with KC. I mean really, its KC, this shouldnt be THAT difficult. But we are making it look so. At least we are hitting and scoring tonight. And havent mistimed a steal of home yet - what were you thinking there Reddick.

The Pirates are doing great! Nice to see them and their fans enjoying the game again!
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #410
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=Kobi;386040]

Jolly Roger the pirate flag right?

LOL, it's quickly becoming the Pirate flag.....it's a skull and cross bones
on a black flag.....

On the last last home stand (the cardninals) I saw 4 guys in a canoe paddling towards PNC park dressed as Pirates .....3 were actually paddeling
(they wern't even rowing) and one PIRATE if you will, was standing up
holding the Jolly Roger into the breeze.........those were fan's. In that heat, to be dressed like that. It was good to see......canoe was junk, I hope it didn't sink on them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #411
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Ok how did everyone do in the trading period?

The Sox picked up a utility infielder who cant hit. wooohooo.

I see the Pirates got Derrick Lee to give Overbay some competition. Yellow must be pleased with that.

The Giants, of course, got Beltran. WTG ALH.

Anyone feeling empowered by the trades?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #412
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I see the Pirates got Derrick Lee to give Overbay some competition. Yellow must be pleased with that.
I just heard the news.......the Pirates RELEASED Overbay!

Admitted he was *overpaid* batting 217 with 17 errors....for 5 million dollars. Personally, I thought they should have sent him to the minors to finish out the year, but I'm sure the contract had some kind of language that prohibited it.

Welcome Derrick Lee. We also got some one from The Giants???

Pirates vs The Cubs for three games.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #413
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
I just heard the news.......the Pirates RELEASED Overbay!

Admitted he was *overpaid* batting 217 with 17 errors....for 5 million dollars. Personally, I thought they should have sent him to the minors to finish out the year, but I'm sure the contract had some kind of language that prohibited it.

Welcome Derrick Lee. We also got some one from The Giants???

Pirates vs The Cubs for three games.

They released Overbay? Wow, I'm surprised. I hope they are not eating his contract in the process.

Pirates also got Ludwick from the Padres. I like this guy. He can hit. His average stinks but he has power and was languishing away in San Diego. Is the stadium a hitters park?

I dont think you got anyone from the Giants, Yellow. The Giants did pick up quite a few people tho - Beltran, Cabrara, and a couple of others I cant remember.

Aside from the utility infielder who cant hit, we picked up Bedard, a left handed pitcher who spends more time on the disabled list than active. He is supposed to bolster our injured staff. Sometimes, I have to wonder what Theo Epstein is thinking when he makes these moves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #414
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=Kobi;390496]

They released Overbay? Wow, I'm surprised. I hope they are not eating his contract in the process. Apparently they ate it....

Pirates also got Ludwick from the Padres. I like this guy. He can hit. His average stinks but he has power and was languishing away in San Diego. Is the stadium a hitters park? Yes, PNC Park RT.Field wall 247 ft......left field 377

I dont think you got anyone from the Giants, Yellow. The Giants did pick up quite a few people tho - Beltran, Cabrara, and a couple of others I cant remember. No you were correct, it was the Padres....

Aside from the utility infielder who cant hit, we picked up Bedard, a left handed pitcher who spends more time on the disabled list than active. He is supposed to bolster our injured staff. Sometimes, I have to wonder what Theo Epstein is thinking when he makes these moves. lol, I saw that wink, is the manager still at the corner begging for pitchers?

The Phillies showed our true colors, they had batting practice with us. So we had to buy the bat's. It was so refreshing to see our management spending instead of selling....and the players are stoked......I think we got this far on a dream and adrenaline......I'm hoping for a play off berth....World series...still too soon to say. I know I've enjoyed baseball in a very different way this year.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #415
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

[quote=Yellow band;390501]
Quote:

They released Overbay? Wow, I'm surprised. I hope they are not eating his contract in the process. Apparently they ate it....

Pirates also got Ludwick from the Padres. I like this guy. He can hit. His average stinks but he has power and was languishing away in San Diego. Is the stadium a hitters park? Yes, PNC Park RT.Field wall 247 ft......left field 377

I dont think you got anyone from the Giants, Yellow. The Giants did pick up quite a few people tho - Beltran, Cabrara, and a couple of others I cant remember. No you were correct, it was the Padres....

Aside from the utility infielder who cant hit, we picked up Bedard, a left handed pitcher who spends more time on the disabled list than active. He is supposed to bolster our injured staff. Sometimes, I have to wonder what Theo Epstein is thinking when he makes these moves. lol, I saw that wink, is the manager still at the corner begging for pitchers?

The Phillies showed our true colors, they had batting practice with us. So we had to buy the bat's. It was so refreshing to see our management spending instead of selling....and the players are stoked......I think we got this far on a dream and adrenaline......I'm hoping for a play off berth....World series...still too soon to say. I know I've enjoyed baseball in a very different way this year.

Francona is making due with washed up, often injured, reclamation projects LOL. But, so far, its working ok.

Yeah, baseball takes on a whole different meaning when you are winning and in the thick of things. I would love to see the Pirates in the world series. I still remember Mazeroski winning the title for them back in 1960, rounding the bases with his hat off after hitting that home run. Some things you never forget.

Keep up the good work and maybe, come October, we will be friendly rivals

Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #416
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Ok how did everyone do in the trading period?

The Sox picked up a utility infielder who cant hit. wooohooo.

The Giants, of course, got Beltran. WTG ALH.

Anyone feeling empowered by the trades?
And Keppenger is with SF now. neither have done much for us yet. In fact, we just lost 3 in a row- last night to the D-backs and now they are 1 game behind SF.

I'm sure that our trades will start contributing, but, we really have a problem with our bats overall. Lately, even our fantastic bullpen has been a bit off. Guess it could be the trade changes and adjusting.

Second in a home series against AZ tonight- I hope the hell SF gets it done! I have never thought we would repeat in the WS, but would take our division at least. Some of the younger players like Crawford will be blooming over the next couple of seasons, so I know good ball will prevail, but, SF has some work to do to get back up there.

It seems like other teams are just jelling more together than we are right now. Actually, I think we need to make a change with the batting coach.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #417
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

It was *I* who said a slump, by any team in this division would sink them to the basement. Well, unfortunately...it's the pirates who are in a slump.

It's beyond awful. (on both sides of the ball) I've been a fan of the game long enough to know that baseball is streaky. I still say there is alot of baseball to be played, get the slump out of the way and get back to winning and being a contender.

It's been sell outs the last two nights. Who knows why, unless these tickets were bought way in advance. I call them bandwagon fans. They were booing loudly, and then laughing. After long innings, they'd give standing ovations for the third out and the same behavior for a third strike.

Last night the attraction was post game fireworks and a concert by Train (Trane?) so much for responsible drinking.
True, we played poorly, but the behavior of the people in the seats was boorish. I was embarrassed to be a real fan.

I still believe. Go Pirates!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #418
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
It was *I* who said a slump, by any team in this division would sink them to the basement. Well, unfortunately...it's the pirates who are in a slump.

It's beyond awful. (on both sides of the ball) I've been a fan of the game long enough to know that baseball is streaky. I still say there is alot of baseball to be played, get the slump out of the way and get back to winning and being a contender.

It's been sell outs the last two nights. Who knows why, unless these tickets were bought way in advance. I call them bandwagon fans. They were booing loudly, and then laughing. After long innings, they'd give standing ovations for the third out and the same behavior for a third strike.

Last night the attraction was post game fireworks and a concert by Train (Trane?) so much for responsible drinking.
True, we played poorly, but the behavior of the people in the seats was boorish. I was embarrassed to be a real fan.

Yellow,

Baseball is streaky unfortunately. The Padres have really come alive in this series - the Padres who couldnt hit worth a dime are teeing off on Pirate pitching. Makes me wonder if the youngins arms are getting tired. They had an awesome first half!

I'm hoping the Pirates will settle down and refocus. They are a young team with a lot of talent.

The Bosox are playing the Yanks this weekend. We are tied for the division lead right now. Some good stuff going on, tho I do hold my breath in August.
Power coming from places you never expected. Lackey took all the criticism of his overratedness to heart and is finally pitching decently.

Wonder if the Giants recovered from the free for all melee with the Phillies? That looked unpleasant.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #419
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

SF is in a slump, too! We beat the Phillies yesterday, but after losing 8 straight!

Hummm... tonight we play your Pirates! I guess if SF loses to them, I can be a little happy that I know a Pirates fan that will be happy.

Betran has started to hit for us- so has Keppinger. But my favorite rookie (Crawford) is back at the minors because Fontenot is back from his injury and Keppinger is at 2nd and then there is Belt. Phooey!! But that's baseball! he'll be back!

Ugh, Beltran hurt his wrist yesterday and Huff pulled something. He has been in a hitting slump anyway- so maybe he ought to take a rest. And Nate the Great, usually very consistent has been really terrible with hitting.

Lincecum was brilliant yesterday against the Phillies- and I loved it as their manager put he and Cain down at the start of the series. Jerk. Timmy is a 2 time Cy Young winner and hit over a 1000 strike outs last month.

The game against the Pirates starts at 7.... I'll be watching!!

And looks like the BoSox are doing great! kewl!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #420
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
SF is in a slump, too! We beat the Phillies yesterday, but after losing 8 straight!

Hummm... tonight we play your Pirates! I guess if SF loses to them, I can be a little happy that I know a Pirates fan that will be happy.

Betran has started to hit for us- so has Keppinger. But my favorite rookie (Crawford) is back at the minors because Fontenot is back from his injury and Keppinger is at 2nd and then there is Belt. Phooey!! But that's baseball! he'll be back!

Ugh, Beltran hurt his wrist yesterday and Huff pulled something. He has been in a hitting slump anyway- so maybe he ought to take a rest. And Nate the Great, usually very consistent has been really terrible with hitting.

Lincecum was brilliant yesterday against the Phillies- and I loved it as their manager put he and Cain down at the start of the series. Jerk. Timmy is a 2 time Cy Young winner and hit over a 1000 strike outs last month.

The game against the Pirates starts at 7.... I'll be watching!!

And looks like the BoSox are doing great! kewl!

Thats 10p here. I'll be sound asleep by then. The Pirates need a pick me up in the worst of ways. They had a mini come back going yesterday in the bottom of the 8th, with no outs....two runners on board and Brandon Wood connected for I think his first home run of the season, making it 7 to 3. The meat of the line up was due up.....and three consecutive outs. They could hardly get themselves back onto the field. The game ended, and they had to leave to come to California and they just sat in the dug out.... The treatment they recieved from the fans, no one deserved. I guess we forgot they are people. I don't mean me, I never once booed, or stood and ovated an inning ending out. People screaming same old Buc's.
Pedro Alveres left 11 batters on base on friday with 4 inning ending double plays and every time he came up to bat (currently batting 198) they screamed you suck you suck. Imagine what that does to your confidence.

Well, I still believe. My Jolly Roger is just waiting for me to hang off of my balcony and wave it to passer by's. Even if it's just a dream.

Derreck Lee is feeling better. He'll be in the line up. Ryan Doumit is back too.