Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #981
Daktari

As ya'll know I don't really do 'exercise' as such but cycling is my main form of transport. When cycling on the road, music/sound via headphones isn't really an option. I prefer the safety of hearing what's going on around me when sharing the roads with folks in motorised tin boxes.

When riding for pleasure I often don't have any sound either, rather enjoying the stimulation of my senses by being in the outdoors and focussing on muscle groups working.

On the odd occasion when using headphones whilst riding for fun, the usual aural fare ranges from fellowship 'shares' through to Dolly Parton, Kirsty McColl, Amy Winehouse, Mamas & Papas and the like.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #982
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had an odd day of workout..
Leg presses set of 10 @ 410lb
Back presses set of 10 380lbs
then grabbed 15lb to do curls and the guy next to me said, ohhh so your strong on your lower and a wimp on your upper?

I was just to lazy to walk over to the bench press and put weights on the bar as my mind wasn't into working out today, I just showed up to show up
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #983
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent an hour sweeping and raking leaves.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #984
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Personal best swimming today: 1.5 miles. It felt so freeing to just be thinking only of reaching that goal today.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #985
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent a total of 3 hours actively cleaning my home today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #986
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've not been exercising much at all for over a month. I was sick for quite awhile, plus flu shot and reaction to that, and feeling bogged down with work and just generally being out of a life rhythm that allows for exercise. Like Miss Tick said, lacking sleep can be a vicious cycle. Anyway...

Today I took a two hour walk, plus stair climbing, in Riverside Park. I saw the usual Kung Fu group who did Kung Fu the entire time that I was walking. I saw an elderly Asian woman silhouetted by the sun as she backward-walked. It was chilly and windy and an overall lovely fall day. I had on a new winter coat that made me feel cozy.

I've missed everyone on the thread. It was great to catch up on posts and hopefully get back in the game

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #987
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Can you believe that November is almost here???

For the better part of October, I managed to be consistent with stretching each morning before I got out of bed, increased the times I spent on my indoor trampoline, as well as changing up how much energy I would put into walking. For the most part, I noticed that my spent energy led to spent energy, which should have helped with my troubles falling asleep, but it actually worked out differently (it kept me up). Actively making sure that exercise is a part of my life, on a daily basis, seems to help me feel more connected to caring for my physical health.

Hopefully by late December, I want to include getting a body massage on a regular basis. I remember back when I could afford to treat myself to a body massage, it worked wonders (for me).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #988
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

I've been very tired and I've skipped two gym visits. My food has been all over the place, partially because I've been tired, and I haven't been shopping. I know I will feel better if I get to the gym and eat more and better, so here's to the beginning of a fresh week.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #989
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sorry that some are not feeling well. I was forced into exercise this summer because of some convening health issue that I believe were very stress related from my divorce and work. I knew if I didn't pay attention to this ...I would end up really sick. The only exercise I have always loved is swimming and I forced myself to swim. I still haven't gotten food down but I am not doing it for weight loss. I am Ahmed at how it has helped me remain calm and focused. I am tired a lot but it is a good tired not a tired because I am worrying and trying to think my way through problems.
I think of Dianna Nays when I don't want to go. She is 2 months younger than me and if she can stay in water for days I can for an hour or more
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #990
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today and was happy to see that my favorite Arc Trainer was available. Once I see it's available, I rush to it as if I've spotted a hundred dollar bill on the floor. I returned to watching the "Dance Moms" reality series, which is pretty high on the boring meter but not so boring as to be given up on. I did an hour of the strength program, Level 7, and 30 minutes of the hill interval program, same level. As I was getting off the machine, who should step up on the Arc Trainer beside me but Jill, with her dark red lipstick, aggravating perfume, and killer bod. Her favorite Arc Trainer is the one next to my favorite. Thank goodness we don't have the same favorite. Then I did 30 minutes of weight lifting, ab work, and stretching. It was a nice and quiet Sunday afternoon.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #991
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Today I ordered Shaun T's "Rockin' Body" dance dvds. I feel like I need something fun to look forward to. Hiking is pretty much going to come to an end between hunting season and winter...so I need something I can do indoors.
The plus side for me is that it teaches dance steps...I started taking dance lessons at age 4. I rather like the idea of dance and exercise combined...dancing is actually excellent brain work too!
I got expedited shipping, so hopefully I will let y'all know how it goes sooner than later...
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #992
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I still haven't been able to get in a good exercise groove (work stress, that kind of thing). However, today I took a great 3.5 hour walk in Riverside Park. It was chilly but not too cold, and I watched the sun set by the water. I saw a little girl dressed as a princess with a cool blonde wig that went all the way down to her ankles. She was running around in the grass, while two other little girls dressed in jeans and sweatshirts watched her from up in a tree. I loved the smell of the leaves and looking at all the patterns and colors of the leaves. I love the melancholy of fall .

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #993
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

The stuff I've been doing has been hard to calculate, but I've been active most every day. I'll run up and down the street after work or putz around doing chores or spend half of my workday sweeping.

I'm still entertaining the idea of a HRM for myself, so I know what I'm accomplishing when I do those things. When it comes to exercise, I'm very into numbers and calculations.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #994
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am still plugging away at the beach as usual although less on the mileage. The giant sandpile project is is full swing and they are working extended hours and added weekends too. Bummer.

It's alright that my wings are a bit clipped though. About a month ago I started having a bit of soreness in one hip that would start about half-way and really bring me up short with a painful limp by the end. It went away in 12-16 hours in time for the next walk though. Problem is, now it is getting worse and doesn't go all the way away anymore.

Conundrum.

Due to a minor headcold I have been away from the pool for the last two weeks. I didn't know how that would work out and decided to err on the side of caution. I hope to get back in either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Keep on keepin' on...

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #995
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was the NYC Marathon, so the gym was nice and empty. When I first walked over to my Arc Trainer, Jill was already on her Arc Trainer next to mine (as in each of our "favorites"). We don't acknowledge one another at all. We both watched the marathon on t.v. She also texted. She goes really fast with her legs and texts up a storm with her hands. I could never do such a thing. I can barely text when not on an elliptical. I stayed on the Beast for three hours, all "hill interval," with 2 hours of level 8 and a final hour of level 10. Jill, the slacker, got off after an hour and a half, and then went over to her favorite stair master and did an hour there.

Then I did an hour of weight lifting, abs, legs, and stretching. I found that having taken practically two months off, the cardio comes back very easy, but the abs, legs, and weights are at lower levels. I guess I keep up some degree of cardio in every day work-a-day life but not the other stuff so much.

It was great to have a weekend with time to do two long work-outs. I hope it will usher me into a healthy week. I need to get sleep and not let work stress me out so much. I have to remember how peaceful I feel right now.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #996
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I was able to use the weekend momentum and get myself to the gym again today. I left work stressed and with a headache, and it was hard not to veg out after work.

When I arrived at the gym, Jill was on her favorite Stair Master wearing her classic stretchy black booty shorts with a tiny bit of toned ass visible (Think: hard as Barbie) and her red Under Armour top pushed up to just below her breasts, lest any of us have to go a day without viewing her six pack .

I went to my favorite Arc Trainer, wearing ill fitting, super un-gym-like black shorts that tend to attract lint, cat hair, and peculiarly today- 2 feathers!, paired with a shirt my mom got me that is a nauseating color of yellow with big brown lettering that reads: HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't wear this shirt all the time. In fact, once, one of the staff, likely the guy who drew the shortest straw, came up to me and said, "What is the deal with the Honey Badger shirt? Is that, like, the mascot from your college or something?" I said, with a smile, "Google Honey Badger Don't Care, and you'll get it."

I did 30 minutes on the Beast, Level 10, Strength program, while watching Judge Judy. Then I thought about going home, but instead did 15 minutes of weight lifting and abs and 15 minutes of yoga. By the end my headache was gone!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #997
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

I was out of shape today. I was in a conference in Dallas (well in a hotel in Dallas) since last Wednesday. It was $16 to use the gym for a day, so I swam once but felt like I was starting over today when I went to my dream to swim. I am kind of stressed at work as well and needed to relieve some of it.

Did have a little fun one night when I convinced a couple of folks to go to the lesbian bar in Dallas (Sue Ellen's, really!) and had fun but they were sooo young. How is it that I feel 30 in my brain but not in my body. Back into my life and stress but will commit to the gym, a day at a time
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #998
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I finally got back to the gym.

I registered for two water fitness classes, Deep Water Running and Cardio Abs, and I did my usual stretch and Group Power classes this past week.

I am probably going to skip Zumba tomorrow, because I just got orthotics from a physical therapist, and my knees are killing me and Zumba is very hard on my feet and my knees.

I've been tracking my food again, after a few unpleasant days of a food free for all, and I am happy to report that I feel better when I don't eat too much.

I'm amazed and grateful that I was able to return to my good-for-me routine relatively quickly.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #999
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still on a moderate exersise program then watching what I eat plus my doc put me on probiotics,last week I lost two pounds.Now i'm down to 255
with a goal of 200 if I lose more fine but if I don't i
m ok with it.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #1000
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation

It was really nice to be on vacation and take a break from everything...including tennis. Didn't pick up my racquet for over 2 weeks...omg! Getting back on the program!!!
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights