Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 01-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #41
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey Planeteers!

I'm bumping this thread in anticipation of what might be a small influx of new signups. We have steadily seen anywhere from 5 - 15 new signups a day for a long time, with it being a strong average of 10 a day most of the time.
I just renewed an ad on Facebook with some vey specific targeted marketing toward Butches, Femmes, Genderqueers, and Transfolks who might not yet be members of the site. This might mean that we get several new people who are either new to the dynamic or new to having a "home" on a community forum.
I wanted to ask everyone to read the first post in this thread again as a reminder of how to greet newbies or help folks find their way who are new here. I trust that everyone here will be amazing!

Thanks!
me
i was lately reminded of how tenuous our stay around these parts is... with that in mind i wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that things like this post are only a fraction of the reason i think that you and jack are flippn amazing folks!!
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #42
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I also want to request that you take the time to *ask for and provide clarification* in conversations where someone may have inadvertently used an incorrect identifier for you or someone else or made an unglamorous or clumsy statement. Please stop and ask yourself if it is possible that the person might merely be new or if they might not yet have familiararity with your personal way of being.

we'll do.....
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #43
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Bump and Repost:

Hey Planeteers!

I'm bumping this thread in anticipation of what might be a small influx of new signups. We have steadily seen anywhere from 5 - 15 new signups a day for a long time, with it being a strong average of 10 a day most of the time.
I just renewed an ad on Facebook with some vey specific targeted marketing toward Butches, Femmes, Genderqueers, and Transfolks who might not yet be members of the site. This might mean that we get several new people who are either new to the dynamic or new to having a "home" on a community forum.
I wanted to ask everyone to read the first post in this thread again as a reminder of how to greet newbies or help folks find their way who are new here. I trust that everyone here will be amazing!

Thanks!
me
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #44
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm still waiting for glittery kittens to shoot out of someones nether regions.

Me. I'll do it; I now own a pink bridal pony from the wedding, so I can now shoot glitter teacup kittens from my @ss.

imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #45
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot about this thread and started to reread many posts. I think we should all remember how awkward some of us felt in the beginning. Coming out and/or being new to an online community. Learning how to write it the way we think it should be written, so others don't jump on us and make us want to never post again. Keep in mind many newbies are timid or shy when it comes to posting, so it only takes one harsh post to them to make them stop posting. Perhaps PMing them instead of embarrassing them (even if we don't think it's embarrassing, they might). Some newbies have no problem fitting in from the start because friends sent them here. If they don't post a thread in the newbies forum, maybe go welcome them on their message board and they'll start feeling comfy with us. I'd like to know, in time that we'll all mix and mingle never thinking about the newbie that was once awkward in the beginning.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #46
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I just wanted to bump this thread to remind folks to take some extra care with our newbies.

I just accepted about 200 friends requests on Facebook which might mean we get some new faces around here. Please be patient and take extra time to explain things if someone seems confused.

The first post in this thread is a good read. I thank all of you for your continued support of this community!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #47
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I just wanted to bump this thread to remind folks to take some extra care with our newbies.

I just accepted about 200 friends requests on Facebook which might mean we get some new faces around here. Please be patient and take extra time to explain things if someone seems confused.

The first post in this thread is a good read. I thank all of you for your continued support of this community!
does that mean we aren't allowed to eat have them for lunch?
so by default that probably means breakfast and dinner are out too

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #48
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I take it you have the game postings blocked.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #49
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I still want to know how I can make glittery kittens shoot from my nether regions.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #50
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I still want to know how I can make glittery kittens shoot from my nether regions.
well first you take a kitten................

well actually you better get the glitter ready first

so fill a large pot, bowl, bag full of glitter (color to be determined by you cause it is your region)

then you take a kitten (make sure it is color coordinated with your glitter for best effect)

take hold of the kitten firmly (you might want gloves on for this part)
spray said kitten with some type of spay on adhesive
(I don't recommend glue as you would have to roll the kitten in it and might lose you grip and the kitten. You won't catch that particular kitten again and would have to get another kitten)
quickly, but gently, (well as gently as you can be with a 10 oz ball of tacky, screeching kitten) dunk the tacky kitten in the glitter. And roll em about thoroughly.
When the kitten has reached a glitter level that meets with your approval, take kitten out of glitter and place in a secure kitten carrier. (you will never find it again if you let it go)

NOW, for the next part, you are gonna need the help of a very close friend.............

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #51
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
well first you take a kitten................

well actually you better get the glitter ready first

so fill a large pot, bowl, bag full of glitter (color to be determined by you cause it is your region)

then you take a kitten (make sure it is color coordinated with your glitter for best effect)

take hold of the kitten firmly (you might want gloves on for this part)
spray said kitten with some type of spay on adhesive
(I don't recommend glue as you would have to roll the kitten in it and might lose you grip and the kitten. You won't catch that particular kitten again and would have to get another kitten)
quickly, but gently, (well as gently as you can be with a 10 oz ball of tacky, screeching kitten) dunk the tacky kitten in the glitter. And roll em about thoroughly.
When the kitten has reached a glitter level that meets with your approval, take kitten out of glitter and place in a secure kitten carrier. (you will never find it again if you let it go)

NOW, for the next part, you are gonna need the help of a very close friend.............
You jus ain't right....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #52
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
does that mean we aren't allowed to eat have them for lunch?
so by default that probably means breakfast and dinner are out too
My mom says that I'm not allowed to cannibalize the newbies any more. I called her just now to ask.

It sucks, too. I am SO HUNGRY.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #53
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default loophole...

no one said we cannot drink them.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #54
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Bump - Bump

Please refer back to post #1 in this thread.
Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #55
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

One more bump for good measure
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #56
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hello all,

I wanted to take a minute to talk a little bit about the growth of our site and how you as a community member can help keep ThePlanet a warm and welcoming place.

We have a LOT of new members lately. Many of these new members are ALSO new to the Butch/Femme dynamic and many of them have never been a member of any kind of social internet community. Some of the new folks are trying to figure out if this community will fit their needs, how they identify, and where their desires are leading them.

I want to ask each of you to please understand that with the introduction of so many new folks on our website, that you might need to take some extra time to help a newbie understand what some of our terminology means or how to better navigate the myriad of ways that we all identify. Please be extra patient with folks who might be at the very beginning of their journey and try to remember where you were and how you felt when you were brand new to your identity or to the online world.

I also want to request that you take the time to *ask for and provide clarification* in conversations where someone may have inadvertently used an incorrect identifier for you or someone else or made an unglamorous or clumsy statement. Please stop and ask yourself if it is possible that the person might merely be new or if they might not yet have familiararity with your personal way of being.

Many of us have known each other online for 5 or even 10 years. Some of us for 12 or longer! I think that sometimes we forget that ThePlanet is bigger than our personal bubble of experience. That we need to embrace people who come to this community in search of family, friends, or fuckbuddies. That we need to welcome the diversity of new ideas, new experiences, and even new ways of identifying within the Butch/Femme dynamic and Trans communities.

There are a great number of younger people joining this site and even people from many different countries. We can learn just as much from them as they can learn from us and I hope that we all will remember that as the weeks and months spread out before us.

When Jack and I decided to go ahead and do this damn thing and started gathering people and ideas, we never imagined that ThePlanet would actually work as well as it is working. We never imagined that almost 10 month later we would have 1300 members, be getting ready for a Reunion, and be looking at a long and bright future.

This community is such an important space, not because we built it, but because all of YOU built it. I am amazed every day when I wake up and see another 10 members have come and joined this space. I am amazed when I see people reaching out across fences to connect. I am amazed that we are actually doing this. Together.

Im not asking you to be all woo-woo or make glittery kittens shoot from your nether-regions. I am asking you to remember the love. Remember how you felt or would have felt the first time someone said to you, "Hey, you're ok just the way you are!" or "Hey! I get it!"

Please join me in helping keep ThePlanet a healthy and welcoming space for everyone who is already here as well as those who find their way here. I beleive we have the most amazing community here and believe that we have the ability to affect change right here every day. So let's do that!

Thank you.
Admin
In case anyone doesn't actually want to read backwards. I think this bears revisiting often.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #57
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

bumpity bump
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #58
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping for peace. These statements of Medusa are good to remember for how we treat ALL members of the Planet.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #59
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Bumping for peace. These statements of Medusa are good to remember for how we treat ALL members of the Planet.
I second this!

Let's orbit with good communication!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #60
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I ran across this today and thought it was advice I could use. So I thought I'd share.

"Disagreeing agreeably requires two behaviors up-front and one more as a refinement. The two required behaviors up-front are:

1. Acknowledge the other person's idea is valid.
2. Assert that your position is different. Not better, just different.

The refinement that helps you avoid a defensive reaction is to keep listening to their idea longer than you normally would. Ask questions. Be curious. Really hear them out.

If you can accept that the disagreement of others doesn't diminish your ideas, then you can afford to be patient and generous."

- Tom Henschel

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: