Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #21
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoi View Post
Last night I dreamed that I was in this fairly empty house with this really pretty girl. It seemed that she was just moving in it or something. We were laughing and talking, shared a nice kiss, and then all of the sudden we were playing guitar hero and she beat my ass horribly and vanished! lol I haven't played that game in 2 years or even given it any thought, so, that was weird and not what I expected after a kiss!!

Kissing the girl and the empty house is simply your desire to find someone. The empty house literally represents a lack of baggage and a possible willingness to start fresh. For the rest to make any sense it depends on how you felt about the dream.

The video game itself really has no meaning - the fact that the girl disappeared is what is important.

If you felt good about it, then it's an indication that you are not necessarily looking for anything serious or permanent right now. If you felt bad, then it means you could be worried that you might end up with someone who will not be there for you.
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #22
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

How strange to find this thread today. Just this morning I was thinking to myself, I have had a lot of dreams that make no sense what so ever. I couldn't even begin to guess what they mean. But for some odd reason its happened a lot recently.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smouldering View Post
Last night I had a bit of an odd dream..

If anyone who ha seen Weeds knows who im talking about, He was the Governor of Mexico, Nancy's husband-- anyway he is the Governor of wherever it is that I am at the moment, he calls me in to tell me that he wants me to kill another important figure.. it was almost like I was some sort of an Assassin or something lol and a friend of mine was there with me and he was kind of like my conscious in a way I dunno I don't remember much but just that I turned to my friend Jason and was like.. "did you hear what he just asked me?" and then we walked around a lot discussing what I could do..

The day before i had a dream that I packed everyone up into the truck, animals and all and we went driving around to different states looking for nice rental homes.
Assassin
To dream that you have been assassinated represents a hopeless situation that needs your immediate attention and action.

To dream that you are a witness to an assassin indicates that you need to pay more attention to some small detail. Do not overlook the seemingly insignificant things in life.
To dream that you are an assassin implies that you are trying to kill an aspect of yourself. Perhaps you are trying to put an end to a habit or relationship. Consider the characteristics of the person you are trying to assassinate and how these qualities relate to you.
RiverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #24
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Assassin
To dream that you have been assassinated represents a hopeless situation that needs your immediate attention and action.

To dream that you are a witness to an assassin indicates that you need to pay more attention to some small detail. Do not overlook the seemingly insignificant things in life.
To dream that you are an assassin implies that you are trying to kill an aspect of yourself. Perhaps you are trying to put an end to a habit or relationship. Consider the characteristics of the person you are trying to assassinate and how these qualities relate to you.
Thank you very much for the interpretation, the latter definitely makes sense- in a way i've been in the process of slowly starting over again and in several months hope to relocate
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Last night I dreamed I was standing outside talking to Medusa and Jack on the phone. I looked up and saw a MASSIVE tornado. It was close to impacting my house, close. I said "oh shit, I gotta go!" and hung up, ran inside, gathered the dogs and went into the bathroom, braced my feet on the bathroom cabinet and my back against the bathroom door to hold it closed. I waited a bit and nothing happened. So, I went back outside and it was like it was never there. No one around me saw it, no one seemed to believe me. So, I went into this field where this man had a contraption that you can stand on and it will take you up into the sky to look for tornadoes. lol. I got on it and I saw about 12 tornadoes, but they were all small ones and no sign of the monster that I had see earlier, that appeared to be several miles wide. Finally when I left the field and was walking back, I passed some older ladies and they were going on about the monster tornado that they had seen. I was excited that someone else had seen it. That's pretty much the end of the dream. I called Angie back and went out to their house for dinner like nothing ever happened.
Tornados are a pretty common theme for people who are in a situation where they fear there is something in their life that could go horribly wrong if they let their guard down for even a minute. You were distracted (on the phone) and suddenly there is was. You have a back up plan ready to go at a moments notice (hiding in the bathroom) but nothing happened - meaning you are not really sure if your plan will actually work if you have to use it.

The contraption is preventative measures. If you can get up high enough you can see what's going on and identify the issues (12 little tornadoes) that surround the bigger problem. This is the part of the dream you should focus on... finding ways to learn more about the issue(s) that may be impacting you. Identifying the little tornadoes made the big one go away.

The fact of people not believing is an indication that the people you normally turn to for support may not have the ability to help you in the ways they normally would - likely because they simply do not have the necessary experience. The two old ladies (experience and wisdom) however may have ideas and solutions you can use so keep your eye out for other ways to get the information/support you need.
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

I was walking to a party. I was on a ridge of sorts with a very deep long drop on the left, and a snowy slope on the right. As I walked, some men began to chase me. I opted to drop down the snowy slope in effort to either hide or get away. I am unclear on my reasoning as this is a dream after all.

I slid down the snowy slope. I was unseen by the men and they passed. As I began to struggle to climb up the slope back to the top of the ridge, I saw the hands and feet of small children sticking out of the snow. I know they were children because they were small. At first they appear to be mannequins or just really waxy. They seemed to not be real people. Yet, as I try to make the climb, it becomes known to me that I am in some sort of boneyard cloaked by the snow. The bones are real, and they are everywhere. The entirety of this hillside is nothing but bones.

I am really struggling to make my way up the hill. With every move, I sink down into these bones. I have blood all over me and it is just such a struggle. It is disgusting. I can actually 'smell' the decay.

I finally made my way to the top. I am exhausted and bloody. I take a shower in a public shower somewhere. I seemed to know it and was not at all alarmed that others were in there showering with me. After the shower, I realize I have no other clothes and have to put the bloody, smelly clothes back on.

I continue on to the party that was my destination to begin with. I get there but do not go in. I look through this really large rectangular window and see everyone is having sex. I watch for quite some time, but do not go in.

Then I am on a bus. Police are on the bus asking me if I had attended the party. I tell them I had not. I tell them I had seen the party, but did not attend. They accuse me of hosting the party and take me to jail.

I am not in jail, but rather working there. (I work in a prison so that part makes sense anyway). However, I am not a Lieutenant at this prison, I empty garbage cans. All the cans are empty, but I empty them anyway.

That is all I remember.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

I rarely dream anymore…or at least remember them. Today I woke feeling exhausted and took notes of my dream. By the way, I don’t use fuck very often but in my dream it was rampant:

I took my dad to the bank, he was very worried for some reason. He seemed to think the bank wasn’t going to help him so I told him I would. When we got there, no one would help so I asked to speak to the manager. The bank manager was an asshole but I felt like one too so she didn’t want to fuck with me. I told her to (among other things)…get the check cleared and to get it done before 4…my dad was very worried he would not have any money for the weekend.

I walked out feeling rather assertive but my dad was still worried…my dad then turned into a girl who was very nervous, shaking, but not in a scared way more a crazy way…eyes shifting, can’t stand still…rambling. I told her it was ok, I would go back in if she needed me to. I couldn’t console her. I then noticed that she was dressed as Cinderella and I thought, ‘wow, Cinderella is really old….and neurotic”. I was very disappointed because I always thought of Cinderella as young and strong…but even her clothing was wrinkled and her hair was disheveled and I was very very disappointed. I felt as if my whole life was a sham, as I had always believed myself to be Cinderella and would someday be beautiful and strong…and have prince charming come take me away. This person left me disappointed and hopeless, I was very sad.

There was a large window behind me and the window pointed into the bank…there were many people in line, two who kept staring at me then hiding behind others so that I couldn’t see them (this irritated me)…I watched them for a long while and when finally saw their faces…they were witches like the witches from that Bette Midler movie. They had a sense of no good, not harm but I got a sense that there were NOT friendly. Because I was already so emotional, these two irritated me even more. I wanted to go over and punch them in the face. No one else noticed them but I did. I knew they wanted something from me and I wanted to go over. I remember thinking to myself, "whats with all the fairy tale bitches???" Then the dream turned into…

Me driving in a town I didn’t know. I saw a row of furniture stores, used crappy furniture stores. I got out of my car and carried out an old dresser (from my car) and started walking around with it. It was heavy.

The first store had no one in it and it was outdoors…there were only a few pieces but as I looked around, there became more and more…I started to feel overwhelmed and went to the next store.

The guy in the next store was rude and told me to get out of his store with that ugly dressor. I told him “fuck off, asshole”.

The third store I had been to before. I was still carrying the dresser and I told the guy I wanted him to fix it. He said there was nothing wrong with it and that I was crazy. I had green paint oozing from it and I said to him, “does this look like nothing???” He just stood there and laughed at me. He just disappeared and I was left in his stupid store and had to look around, not that I was stuck, I just wanted to buy more furniture I guess. When I saw that all he had was junk, I came back for my dresser and I couldn’t find it. I was surrounded with dressers with more green paint and some had writing on them, all were dirty and peeling, and falling apart. I told him these weren’t mine but he started to yell at me. I yelled back, I told him I was going to tell everyone about him and his fucking store.

I started back to the car carrying my dresser, or the imposter (which pissed me off even more), and I dropped it...it broke into about 50 pieces and I began to cry. I just started running, trying to avoid the stores I had to go back through…I passed a lot of people who were also running…people who shouldn’t be running like business men, and a lady in high heels…but they were running too. I then noticed that I was only in my underwear and I thought, wow people must be thinking that they don’t see something like this every day. I was also surprised by how fast I could run. Somehow this made me sad so I ran faster, in my underwear. Crying. I never reached the car.
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #28
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Most of my dreams are probably better categorised as nightmares. I have a number that occasionally recur in a broad sense.

One involves planes. I'm always standing on a bridge and I see planes in the sky. Then, one by one, they fall to the ground and crash. It's quite unsettling.

Another involves water - and I'm running from a great wall of water / tsunami which always inevitably catches up with me.

I also occasionally had dreams involving animals - not cats and dogs but working animals (horses, cattle etc). Often these dreams involved dead animals and were fairly stark. The most recent involved a galloping horse that bolted.

I've had vivid dreams, usually nightmares, since early childhood. I don't try to interpret them as, to me, they are what they are. I'm not a good sleeper and it is probably the interrupted sleep that helps me to remember more of these dreams than most.

More importantly, I suffer from sleep paralysis which has a much more "real" quality than a dream and has been very unsettling at times.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Somebody just told me about this book the other day. She said it helped a lot!

Sleep Paralysis: A Guide to Hypnagogic Visions and Visitors of the Night by Ryan Hurd
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Somebody just told me about this book the other day. She said it helped a lot!

Sleep Paralysis: A Guide to Hypnagogic Visions and Visitors of the Night by Ryan Hurd
It really can be incredibly frightening. I try to understand it - in particular, what is it about some of us that causes this to happen.

For me, the presence that I feel in the room is always demonic. As a Catholic, I'm never certain what of these experiences can be partly explained in a rational, medical sense and what cannot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #31
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

there is a theory that you dream about what you want the most, and what you fear the most.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Ciaran -- I've been meaning to ask you about the sleep paralysis, you had mentioned it to me before.

I had something like that happen a couple of months ago, I was napping in the middle of the day, kind of laying on my side when I felt like someone was leaning over me, pressing down with their upper body so I couldn't move. I was trying to call out for help, but of course, no sound would come out, it felt very real to me, like I was awake and could feel the pressure acutely.

Is that similar to what you have experienced? Or does yours not manifest with a "being" pressing down on you?
June - yes, that very definitely sounds like sleep paralysis to me and is often very similar to what I would experience. I usually feel like I am being held down and, although I struggle, I just cannot move. I assume that this is where the term "paralysis" comes from. I do try to call out but, again, am unable to.

Of course, I never see the person holding me down, other than a dark shadow. Occasionally, I do not have the "held down" feeling but still feel a sinister presence in the room and am unable to move. All-in-all, it can be very frightening as it all seems so real and, in at least some senses, it is all too real.

I'm interested in sleep paralysis and trying to understand why I suffer from it, esp. as it seems much more prevalent in some cultures than in others and, also, that the person / force that people belive is holding them down differs, presumably depending upon their own belief system - probably why I always assume / perceive a demonic presence whereas it may be different to those with other beliefs.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

We did a little research on this in one of my psych classes...our bodies are immobilized during REM sleep. In cases of sleep paralysis, the person somehow is awakened before the end of the process...this doesn't give your body a chance to "come to" before you do. Often you are still not all the way out of it so you can experience visions or nightmares. Your eyes can see a chair in the corner but your brain isn't registering it as a chair...it can become a monster. If you are aware of the feeling of something on your chest, you can believe that someone is there holding you down. It is frightening.

Sleep paralysis can be caused by stress and can be a symptom of narcolepsy.
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #34
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Wow lots of good stuff here, i have major issues around dreams/nightmares but it's nice to know i am not the only one.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #35
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

i have a lot of dreams which there's always horses.
sometimes i have dreams where my truck is a issue and driving wierd roads... i know that stems from my job.......
i remember some dreams i had like yrs ago...
and sometimes i have dreams where when i wake up ......... i know i had one about something but cant remember it ....

not to long ago..... i had a dream where i was above the earth and looking for this place in space where i sleep at .. and couldnt remember how to get there. ......... now that has stuck in my mind and was soo vivid.
I have no idea what that was about.

btw ... nice thread

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I dreamed I lived in a studio apartment with a lover and my parents.

I got up to make sure the doors were locked, and saw a man chasing another man in the street and yelling, "You have to love me!" I thought to myself, that gay couple is having a fight.

I continued locking the doors, and had a hard time with one of them. I moved on to the next door, and suddenly, the two guys from outside, plus a woman holding a burning pan of food, were standing in the apartment with me.

I sensed that they were extremely dangerous. "You have to get out," I said, and the woman said, "We just want to talk with you about something." I knew they planned to kill me and I yelled for my father.

I woke up yelling, "Dad!" I was so shaken, I couldn't remember where I lived. I thought the bedroom was the whole apartment. I couldn't remember who I lived with. My heart was pounding for a long time.

It's the worst dream I've had since college. I felt really anxious the next day.

My dad, in real life, is very sick and just had a stroke, but he's not in imminent danger of dying.

I think though, that as we lose our parents in middle age, the cushion we thought we were long over, is suddenly scary to lose.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #37
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i'm so glad sleep paralysis got brought up!!!!

It's happened to me for many years. When it first started i was in nursing school and continued when i worked long hours in the hospital. I had a friend that was a neurologist and one day over lunch she educated me on it.

She said to think of it like this...your body is still asleep but your mind is awake. I know when it happens to me, i can open my eyes and see everything and sometimes i hear a roaring noise that is almost deafening and banging. What i do to get out of it is to focus and start moving one part of me, i usually concentrate on my toe for example. Once i can wiggle that a little i slowly will wake my body up. It is very hard to deal with and it is frightening. I also feel that i'm screaming to the top of my lungs and have been told i'm barely making a whisper. As soon as someone can touch me, my body wakes up and all is well. I have to always educate my partners to watch out for these little whimpers i make and to please just touch me.

Thankfully, i barely have them anymore and the neurologist did say that stress and being over tired brings these on more than anything.

Oh and deedarino is so right about the physiology of it all. It usually happens when you are first going to sleep or about to wake up. It has been studied for years and everything from epilepsy to demonology has been deemed the cause. But, i have been reassured it's just REM sleep patterns that are interrupted due to stress. Still scary stuff!!!!

So, basically if you are having them....chill out. You need rest and relaxation. Most likely near a beach.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #38
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

Thankfully, i barely have them anymore and the neurologist did say that stress and being over tired brings these on more than anything.

Oh and deedarino is so right about the physiology of it all. It usually happens when you are first going to sleep or about to wake up. It has been studied for years and everything from epilepsy to demonology has been deemed the cause. But, i have been reassured it's just REM sleep patterns that are interrupted due to stress. Still scary stuff!!!!

So, basically if you are having them....chill out. You need rest and relaxation. Most likely near a beach.
I don't think anyone would argue against the view that sleep paralysis can be aggravated by stress and / or disrupted sleep patterns. I know from my own perspective that I have a reasonable amount of work-related stress and awake before 5am Monday to Friday for 14 hours+ of commuting and work. That takes its toll.

However, I think there's more to sleep paralysis than a simple scientific explanation - the fact that it is much more prevalent in certain cultures than others and how it manifests itself differently in some of these societies (Zanzibar being the perfect example). I think that how we experience sleep paralysis can probably inform much about our individual psyche.

All-in-all a fascinating topic ..... Although I will glady take your advice and spend some time by the beach !
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #39
Laidbackgrly

How Do You Identify?:

Laidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Any Lucid Dreamers out there?

any lucid dreamerss out there share your attempts. or dreams
Laidbackgrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
I don't think anyone would argue against the view that sleep paralysis can be aggravated by stress and / or disrupted sleep patterns. I know from my own perspective that I have a reasonable amount of work-related stress and awake before 5am Monday to Friday for 14 hours+ of commuting and work. That takes its toll.

However, I think there's more to sleep paralysis than a simple scientific explanation - the fact that it is much more prevalent in certain cultures than others and how it manifests itself differently in some of these societies (Zanzibar being the perfect example). I think that how we experience sleep paralysis can probably inform much about our individual psyche.

All-in-all a fascinating topic ..... Although I will glady take your advice and spend some time by the beach !
Oh i agree Ciaran!!! It's very interesting to learn that it happens more times in specific cultures. It does raise the eyebrow, if you will. If it is just caused by stress, why doesn't everyone get it. I think there is much more to it as well. One thing i've noticed is that it seems to occur to people that are very intuitive, on the side of spirituality and paranormal. Of course this is just my personal observation and not a scientific one for sure. My granny had these for example and some around that part of the mountain thought of her as a witch.

Who knows right? And yeah spending more time at the beach will have plenty of benefits no matter if it helps our "episodes" or not.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:

Tags
dreams, dreams meanings