Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Clothing Multiples...

It was loosely insinuated by my date at lunchtime that I may have an OCD with regards my clothes - I posted in another thread that I have 40 pairs of trousers (and only pair of legs, lol!). "Why do I have so many?" I was asked …… The truth is, my passion for fabrics means I cannot pass up a bargain when rolls of Linens, cottons and other fabrics go on Sale for stock clearance - I buy what I like, then over time I’ve cut out and sewn them to make clothes, and anything else I want/need, lol! Sometimes I admit, I love a particular fabric so much, I've made several blouses and tops, lol!

This .......err...... is economical and means I can NEVER say: "I don't have a thing to wear!" ...... only, I just can't decide what I want to wear! LOL!

Do you have multiples of the same item of clothing and why?

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
It was loosely insinuated by my date at lunchtime that I may have an OCD with regards my clothes - I posted in another thread that I have 40 pairs of trousers (and only pair of legs, lol!). "Why do I have so many?" I was asked …… The truth is, my passion for fabrics means I cannot pass up a bargain when rolls of Linens, cottons and other fabrics go on Sale for stock clearance - I buy what I like, then over time I’ve cut out and sewn them to make clothes, and anything else I want/need, lol! Sometimes I admit, I love a particular fabric so much, I've made several blouses and tops, lol!

This .......err...... is economical and means I can NEVER say: "I don't have a thing to wear!" ...... only, I just can't decide what I want to wear! LOL!

Do you have multiples of the same item of clothing and why?

Guilty,

I really hate doing laundry, especially since I have a three flight spiral staircase of death between me and my machines. I don't want to do that drill anymore often than needed.

My justification? I troll great thrift shops; so, I'm really just contributing to the recycling movement, right?

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I do not have clothing multiples but I do have shoe multiples...

I have two sets of 4" high sandals that are identical-except one is black & the other brown. And I have a black pair that is very similiar to those two sets.

I have three sets of 2" high sandals that are identical-except one is black, one is red and the other is navy.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are identical-except one is black & the other is brown.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are *almost* identical except that one has a leather piece going up the top of the foot and the other has woven material not leather.

I have three sets of clear shoes-same height (3") but the piece arcoss the top varies (one has silver accents, another has glitter and one is plain). I used these for costumes so they were altered in some way when I actually wore them.

It sounds horrible I know. But I buy shoes on clearance when the season ends and store them until the next year. The three identical (except color) pairs were 75% off and cost me about $5 each so I did not feel as guilty for choosing a variety.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Gui, lty,

I really hate doing laundry, especially since I have a three flight spiral staircase of death between me and my machines. I don't want to do that drill anymore often than needed.

My justification? I troll great thrift shops; so, I'm really just contributing to the recycling movement, right?

A good enough reason! As a student - every Saturday morning was the ritual of go to the laundrette, then go for breakfast across the way, lol!

All recycling is good and thrift shops are utter heaven! LOL!

The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
I do not have clothing multiples but I do have shoe multiples...

I have two sets of 4" high sandals that are identical-except one is black & the other brown. And I have a black pair that is very similiar to those two sets.

I have three sets of 2" high sandals that are identical-except one is black, one is red and the other is navy.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are identical-except one is black & the other is brown.

I have two sets of 5" heels that are *almost* identical except that one has a leather piece going up the top of the foot and the other has woven material not leather.

I have three sets of clear shoes-same height (3") but the piece arcoss the top varies (one has silver accents, another has glitter and one is plain). I used these for costumes so they were altered in some way when I actually wore them.

It sounds horrible I know. But I buy shoes on clearance when the season ends and store them until the next year. The three identical (except color) pairs were 75% off and cost me about $5 each so I did not feel as guilty for choosing a variety.

Laney, shoe mulitples are just as important as clothing! LOL! How many pairs of shoes do you have in total?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
Laney, shoe mulitples are just as important as clothing! LOL! How many pairs of shoes do you have in total?
No idea-I am too ashamed to count them

I love heels, love the way I look in them so I indulge in them. And, a size 7.5 is a perfect fit almost everytime so I can get them online. But, I am not a clothes horse so it kind of balances. And, I love to thrift store for clothes (not shoes) so save lots of money that way.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

I find myself buying the same type of thing I have in the closet but I also buy small-medium-large depending on the weight going up or down hahaha
This also helps during the PMS time
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

If I like an article of clothing, I often buy it in several colors, then only actually wear the back version.

I have several of the same black tops, dresses, pants.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This morning's finds from the thrift store:

3 x trousers

4 x ties

pullover shirt

ski sweater

windbreaker

All of which I need like a hole in the head

Grand total $30

How could I not?
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This morning's finds from the thrift store:

3 x trousers

4 x ties

pullover shirt

ski sweater

windbreaker

All of which I need like a hole in the head

Grand total $30

How could I not?
You could always say that the Windbreaker, Pullover Shirt, Ski Sweater, along with warm socks and trousers are for the car in case you are caught in a snow blizzard (if you live in an area prone to them), lol! Also, the money you've spent is going to help those in need,

The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,618 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I do this with socks. I buy only black socks. And when I find a type I love, I buy only them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #12
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I do this with socks. I buy only black socks. And when I find a type I love, I buy only them.
It's surprising how many people buy multiples of blouses, shirts, socks,etc, yet won't openly admit it, lol! Maybe, it for fear of ridicule?!

I admit to having 12 pairs of Thermal socks - six pairs in pink and six pairs in wine red. They are fantastically warm when out in the snow, but, they cannot be dried in the dryer, hence the multiples of these socks, lol! (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL!)

Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

If I find something I really love and is super comfortable I will buy them/it in at least a couple of different colours.

I have the exact same pair of lightweight linen trousers in cream, black, white, mink, khaki, lime green and a pinky/redy colour.

Same tunic style linen top in white and lime.

Same low healed flip-flops in red and metalic

Same long sleeved T's in purple, white, black, green, red, pink and orange

Same short sleeved T's in white, black, green and sand

The T's are all staples, worn under other things such as fitted blouses and jackets or waistcoats and sweaters.

I don't have multiples of any other shoes/boots unless you call between 2 and 5 pairs of entirely different styled shoes/boots, in whatever colour, a multiple

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutter View Post
If I find something I really love and is super comfortable I will buy them/it in at least a couple of different colours.

I have the exact same pair of lightweight linen trousers in cream, black, white, mink, khaki, lime green and a pinky/redy colour.

Same tunic style linen top in white and lime.

Same low healed flip-flops in red and metalic

Same long sleeved T's in purple, white, black, green, red, pink and orange

Same short sleeved T's in white, black, green and sand

The T's are all staples, worn under other things such as fitted blouses and jackets or waistcoats and sweaters.

I don't have multiples of any other shoes/boots unless you call between 2 and 5 pairs of entirely different styled shoes/boots, in whatever colour, a multiple
My wardrobe staples are my Linen Palazzo Trousers - I wear pastel coloured Blouses with my various creams and natural colours and creams with my Wine red, Rosewood red and Terracotta colours. I have 7 pairs of Wool Crepe Palazzo's for more formal/Evening wear.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Perhaps this even afflicts butches. :/

I have 5 pairs of the same style of khakis from Old Navy in five different colors. Hot Potato being my favorite. I wear khakis for work every day, and these are versatile for polos, sweaters, regular shirts. Also can be worn on the weekends with just a tshirt. And I like they way they fit...or used to fit. They are all a bit baggy on me now.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #16
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

There's no reason why I can't apply to Butches - a good wardrobe is; one where you can have several outfits with just a few items and some clothes for lounging around.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

I have 2 pairs of doc martens one brown one black. A pair of wranglers in every color.
5 hoodies all bought during spring clearances. Otherwise it's pretty grab bag around here.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
BugsAndKisses

How Do You Identify?:
ladybug, lover of little things
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Settled

BugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST ReputationBugsAndKisses Has the BEST Reputation

I live in sundresses, if I find one I like a whole lot I buy it in every color and pattern available
Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #19
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I have five of the exact same black t-shirt from Old Navy. What can I say, v-necks are flattering.

And I have probably ten blue dresses. :/ I have a blue dress problem.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I bought 3 of the same sundresses - each was a diff cloth and pattern, but each was the same style...They looked nice and were on sale.

I have several pairs of the same shorts in several colors

Same thing for tops, I buy them in several colors

if something works for me and they come in diff colors, I'll buy them..

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote