Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Smoking can make nipples fall off

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/1...f/?hpt=hp_bn10

I wonder if there are smokers who will read that and think, Well, that does it! I go on the patch, starting tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to avoid that cancer and heart disease and COPD, too. That'd be a plus.
tapu, only you would find this! WTF! As an RN I did not even know this. This is some scary shit.

Smoking is extremely addictive. I do not know that this information would assist in smoking cessation but I do hope so.

1-800-nobutts is a free service to assist smokers in quiting.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #1702
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Smoking can make nipples fall off

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/1...f/?hpt=hp_bn10

I wonder if there are smokers who will read that and think, Well, that does it! I go on the patch, starting tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to avoid that cancer and heart disease and COPD, too. That'd be a plus.
How about a little sanity here.........from the article:

I cringe every time I see a patient for a breast lift who is a smoker. I’m deathly afraid that despite my warnings, she will smoke before or after surgery and cause her nipples to turn black and fall off.

Yes. Smokers who undergo breast lifts are at great risk of losing their nipples.

This is about re-positioning nipples post surgery. My guess is this would also apply to folks who undergo chest reconstruction and mastectomy. It is well known among medical folk that ANY post surgery healing is compromised if you smoke.

So.......your nipples are not gonna fall off if you smoke and don't have any kind of breast surgery.

I hate overblown scare/fear tactics.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #1703
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Well you're living in the wrong place and time...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #1704
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

So.......your nipples are not gonna fall off if you smoke and don't have any kind of breast surgery.
That big whoosh you just heard was a collective sigh from Europe.

Montreal was pretty relieved as well.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #1705
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Well you're living in the wrong place and time...
........ok I snorted coffee out my nose on my keyboard.........thanks ever so much........laughin.....
I will not assimilate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #1706
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Smoking is extremely addictive.
I quit drinking, drugging and smoking and I can say that during the unfolding of an uneventful day i might think about having a cigarette once or twice. Certainly much more often than i ever think about a drink. I rarely think about dope anymore at all. However, once I think about a drink or a drug I have to follow the thought through and give it some attention, that's not necessary with cigarettes. I'm not sure if that's the nature of the various addictions or if I just have more fear surrounding my alcohol and drug addictions.

Sorry for the derail. No breaking news event here.

Last edited by Cin; 12-06-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Apologizing for derailing
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #1707
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well this sucks because I was totally considering a boob job.

No. I wasn't.

I have no idea what non-smokers do while they're waiting at a bus stop. Do they just STAND there? Ugh.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #1708
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I cringe every time I see a patient for a breast lift who is a smoker. I’m deathly afraid that despite my warnings, she will smoke before or after surgery and cause her nipples to turn black and fall off.

Yes. Smokers who undergo breast lifts are at great risk of losing their nipples.

This is about re-positioning nipples post surgery. My guess is this would also apply to folks who undergo chest reconstruction and mastectomy. It is well known among medical folk that ANY post surgery healing is compromised if you smoke.

Yes, I have heard from various people (here and IRL), that plastic surgeons warn of this prior to chest reconstruction. Smoking also increases the amount of scaring one has, for the same reasons. I have seen this motivate some transguys to quit prior to surgery, as many don't want their chest surgery to be evident.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #1709
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wow, serious buzzkill.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #1710
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default OWS sentiments at work-

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011/12/gov_scott_walker_says_recall_election_is_likely.ph p

Gov. Scott Walker: Recall election is likely
It's been little more than two weeks since foes of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker began petitioning for a recall, and they've already surpassed 300,000 signatures -- more than half of the 540,000 needed by the January 17 deadline.

If they keep progressing at this pace, a recall election will be inevitable. Even Walker says it's likely.

"My guess is they probably will" collect the necessary signatures, Walker told CNBC yesterday. "If you look at other states, if they pay 10,000 people to come in, which they can legally do, they'll probably get those signatures."

Walker made a lengthy list of enemies before he was even sworn into office. The push for a recall began shortly after he was elected, even though his opponents couldn't begin gathering signatures until November 15 of this year.

The anti-Walker movement hit the 300,000 mark after only 12 days of petitioning, according to its website, United Wisconsin to Recall Walker. From the site:

We are excited to announce that in the first 12 days, volunteers across the state have collected over 300,000 signatures to Recall Scott Walker. Over 300,000 signatures in 12 days-that is over 1,040 per hour!
Our work is not done yet, so to all of the passionate volunteers who have been collecting signatures throughout the state: Keep it up!!!

The anti-Walker movement has until January to collect 540,000 signatures.
​In the CNBC interview, Walker devalues the movement against him by pointing out that even if they do get the necessary signatures, it doesn't amount to the majority of Wisconsin voters.

"Their goal is to get about 670,000," he says. "And remember, that's still just a fraction, that's about 25 percent of all the votes cast in the last gubernatorial election. So minority voters will get to force a new election in Wisconsin. And assuming they're legitimate voters...that'll force a new election costing millions of dollars to the taxpayers this spring in Wisconsin."

But if it does come to that, Walker says he's ready. He's even welcoming the chance to brag about what he's done in Wisconsin so far this year.

"I look forward to that," he says. "I'd love to have the chance to talk to the voters of Wisconsin again, to tell that story. "

[HT: Politico]

---------------------

To me, the underpinnings of the OWS movement began in WS's backlash against Walker and other GOP Govenors elected in 2010. Seeing the WS statehouse being under seige by demonstrators and the Democratic senators leaving the state to stop voting on Walker's anti-union legislation had to help move people into the streets all over the country.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #1711
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
Wow, serious buzzkill.
the truth is a buzzkill??? Good...makes me happy
I will not assimilate

Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #1712
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

The pleasure is all mine.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #1713
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
The pleasure is all mine.
so fear mongering is a pleasure you claim......it is not my pleasure but..in the spirit of idiots can say what they want.....good on ya
I will not assimilate

Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #1714
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Did she just call me an idiot?

Okay, ya got me. Let's not get June and Medusa in here. Peace.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #1715
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Quote:
Did she just call me an idiot?

Okay, ya got me. Let's not get June and Medusa in here. Peace.

chicken...........
I will not assimilate

Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #1716
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow, serious buzzkill.
Oh, not at all...I'd rather have my smokes than my nipples, although...purple nipples sound pretty cool. Love this thread!
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HoustonHuny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #1717
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://peacefreedomprosperity.com/56...endment-right/

Federal court rules it is a first amendment right to video tape police in public space.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #1718
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Obama Admin to Consider Gay Rights When Allocating Foreign Aid

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._lnk2%7C118130

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 AM   #1719
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I thoroughly enjoyed today's banter-fest. My favorites:
I have no idea what non-smokers do while they're waiting at a bus stop. Do they just STAND there? Ugh.

Let's not get June and Medusa in here.

chicken...........
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #1720
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey;481521[SIZE=4
Federal court rules it is a first amendment right to video tape police in public space.[/SIZE]
Not to worry, the Supremes can take care of this pesky little ruling....

Tags
breaking news, news