Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

The Coca Cola Santa has always been my favorite.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #62
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #63
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

I've been checking out truffle recipes and I think I'm going to try my hand on these for the Holidays. A sweet treat for my sweet staff and friends!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #64
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Christmas Tree made with all fresh succulents at Longwood Gardens, Pennsylvania, USA

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #65
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

On cold, clear December nights like tonight, when I lived at home with my parents, we would all get in the car and drive slowly up and down our road. We were looking at the nativity scene that my dad put up every year, Thanksgiving Day until New Year's. It was handmade, life-sized, from a pattern that my parents ordered from the Sears Roebuck catalog. When they first were married, they had spent countless hours cutting the wise men, Mary and Joseph, camels and oxen and sheep from plywood, which they then painted by hand. There was a stable with an angel that hung out over the roof, and a crib for baby Jesus inside. Every year, my dad would cut down pine saplings to nail up behind the stable, so it looked like it was part of the woods, and over all, there was a lighted star with 8 points.

We loved driving up and down the road to look at it. It was even better when it rained; there were blue floodlights that shone on it every night, and the rain made it all look misty and magical. On nights when we didn't drive up and down the road, my sister and I would walk outside and look at it from under the pine trees. We would usually rearrange the blanket that was in baby Jesus' crib, making sure it was just right. When we were very young, we sometimes left one of our baby dolls in the crib to play the part, even though it couldn't be seen inside the crib from the road. It didn't matter; we knew it was there.

It left a sense of magic and wonder with me that I have never forgotten. I think of it often at this time of year. I worry that the condition of the pieces are deteriorating, as they reside in my sister's attic, winter after summer after winter. My brother-in-law put it up one year, to please my sister and me, but every year thereafter he would complain about how much work it was to build: post holes that had to be dug, wiring that had to be run for a mile from their house to the hill on the highway, the construction of the stable. It used to take my dad an entire day of hard work to put it all together, and another entire day to take it down, clean it and put it away. Needless to say, it was not magical for my brother-in-law, even though he had seen it in the blue-tinged moonlight on the hill outside our house for many years.

I lost my dad this year. I miss seeing the wonderful nativity scene, but mostly I miss my dad's delight in it. I miss helping him put it up, taking him glasses of iced tea while he was working, helping him paint the pieces in summers when they needed repair. I miss sitting behind him in the back seat of the car as we drove up and down the road, everyone remarking how beautiful it was. I miss seeing the pride and joy in his eyes when he looked at it, and when strangers and neighbors stopped by our house each year just to tell us how much they enjoyed it, how beautiful it was. I miss seeing my dad's happiness, and I think of him every time I think of the nativity scene. That was the real magic of Christmas.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #66
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
On cold, clear December nights like tonight, when I lived at home with my parents, we would all get in the car and drive slowly up and down our road. We were looking at the nativity scene that my dad put up every year, Thanksgiving Day until New Year's. It was handmade, life-sized, from a pattern that my parents ordered from the Sears Roebuck catalog. When they first were married, they had spent countless hours cutting the wise men, Mary and Joseph, camels and oxen and sheep from plywood, which they then painted by hand. There was a stable with an angel that hung out over the roof, and a crib for baby Jesus inside. Every year, my dad would cut down pine saplings to nail up behind the stable, so it looked like it was part of the woods, and over all, there was a lighted star with 8 points.

We loved driving up and down the road to look at it. It was even better when it rained; there were blue floodlights that shone on it every night, and the rain made it all look misty and magical. On nights when we didn't drive up and down the road, my sister and I would walk outside and look at it from under the pine trees. We would usually rearrange the blanket that was in baby Jesus' crib, making sure it was just right. When we were very young, we sometimes left one of our baby dolls in the crib to play the part, even though it couldn't be seen inside the crib from the road. It didn't matter; we knew it was there.

It left a sense of magic and wonder with me that I have never forgotten. I think of it often at this time of year. I worry that the condition of the pieces are deteriorating, as they reside in my sister's attic, winter after summer after winter. My brother-in-law put it up one year, to please my sister and me, but every year thereafter he would complain about how much work it was to build: post holes that had to be dug, wiring that had to be run for a mile from their house to the hill on the highway, the construction of the stable. It used to take my dad an entire day of hard work to put it all together, and another entire day to take it down, clean it and put it away. Needless to say, it was not magical for my brother-in-law, even though he had seen it in the blue-tinged moonlight on the hill outside our house for many years.

I lost my dad this year. I miss seeing the wonderful nativity scene, but mostly I miss my dad's delight in it. I miss helping him put it up, taking him glasses of iced tea while he was working, helping him paint the pieces in summers when they needed repair. I miss sitting behind him in the back seat of the car as we drove up and down the road, everyone remarking how beautiful it was. I miss seeing the pride and joy in his eyes when he looked at it, and when strangers and neighbors stopped by our house each year just to tell us how much they enjoyed it, how beautiful it was. I miss seeing my dad's happiness, and I think of him every time I think of the nativity scene. That was the real magic of Christmas.

Thank you for sharing this, Ma’am <3
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #67
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

one fond memory is making oyster dressing on Christmas eve...

love Cajun Holidays.......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #68
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

If your not ready...better start running...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #69
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default New Orleans Roosevelt Hotel

i always made a point of stopping in here.... it’s even more amazing in person..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #70
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #71
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default 1st grader in Edinburg, Texas, asking for a ball, food and a blanket

The teacher had asked the kids to write a letter to Santa asking for something that they wanted and something that they needed.

Reminds us that a lot of kids in America won't have much of a Christmas if they don't even have their basic needs met.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/1st-grader-...ry?id=51832337

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #72
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I can't WAIT to get to Atlanta for Christmas/Yule!

We are going to the Botanical Gardens for the lights and such:

And I have a metric TON of cookie recipes, fudge recipes, and various sugary balls of goodness that I want to make! ANDDDDD we have a John Waters marathon planned.

AND...perhaps best of all...we are going to the Korean spa!

ANDDDDDDDDD I am so excited that it's cold and that there will be lights everywhere and that it might snow and and and...

WEEE!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 09:15 PM   #73
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Oh, and here is an amazing salted caramel thumbprint cookie recipe if anyone is so inclined!
JD will be getting a pile of these:

COOKIE

2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs (yolks only)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

FILLING

1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream

Sea salt

Directions:

STEP 1
Combine 2/3 cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
STEP 2
Heat oven to 375ºF.
STEP 3
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle. (Edges may crack slightly). Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
STEP 4
Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in whipping cream. Cool caramel mixture about 15 minutes.
STEP 5
Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture into center of each cooled cookie. Let caramel set about 5 minutes. Sprinkle tops of each cookie lightly with sea salt.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #74
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #75
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I know some of you must have special Yule recipes!

My Aunt Gina always made cranberry, white chocolate, and pistachio cookies every year and we nommed down on them!! She had the recipe from a really old cookbook and I still have the page in my stash!

And one of my Grannies made a fruitcake with bourbon and maraschino cherries and I don't normally do fruitcake but her's was amazing!

Tell me what treats you always had during the holidays!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #76
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

My Father was a good cook! Every year at Christmas time he made this most delicious fudge!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #77
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I know some of you must have special Yule recipes!

My Aunt Gina always made cranberry, white chocolate, and pistachio cookies every year and we nommed down on them!! She had the recipe from a really old cookbook and I still have the page in my stash!

And one of my Grannies made a fruitcake with bourbon and maraschino cherries and I don't normally do fruitcake but her's was amazing!

Tell me what treats you always had during the holidays!
my mamere’s fudge, to die for.........
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Update on a more positive note, full of holiday spirit:

This teacher organized the community and collected enough blankets that each child could have at least one.

I believe at last count was around 775 blankets.

They are also working to deal with the hungry children to make sure this is addressed.

Happiest of Holidays to everyone at BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

The teacher had asked the kids to write a letter to Santa asking for something that they wanted and something that they needed.

Reminds us that a lot of kids in America won't have much of a Christmas if they don't even have their basic needs met.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/1st-grader-...ry?id=51832337

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #79
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 07:09 PM   #80
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: