Old 07-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I only had one thing on my agenda today, really, and I did that. I went to the 62nd art festival held in a local village. It's ranked 17th best in the US and is soooo much fun. I've written what feels like a thousand posts about it, but I love it so much. I wish it came more than once a year!

I spent over 5 hours there, bought some lovely additions to my quirky creative wall in my craft room and I even won a framed print from a local artist. So excited! Even though a lady there tried to burst my bubble by being a little snarky and saying, "You know, that's ONLY a print" to which I replied, "Oh, I know. Isn't it LOVELY???" and I smiled and walked away, holding my lovely print, so f*ckyouverymuch.

For the record, this artist's originals go for thousands of dollars, so the print and frame are likely worth a few hundred. I spent $20 on tickets, which went to a scholarship fund for budding artists graduating from local shigh schools and moving on to college, so I'm TOTALLY okay with it being 'only a print' and I'm totally okay with spending 'only' 20 bucks. I got a hella amazing deal and I contributed to the future of artists that will likely contribute to this same festival in years to come. Two of the previous winners of the scholarships were there today and I really liked the work of one of them. Creepily gorgeous is how I'd describe her work. The other had good composition, but it just wasn't my cuppa tea. But still, very creative and artsy and I dig that.

Today, my agenda got a big ole check mark. Done!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
agenda