Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #481
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

How the Sugar Industry Shifted Blame to Fat

"The sugar industry paid scientists in the 1960s to play down the link between sugar and heart disease and promote saturated fat as the culprit instead, newly released historical documents show..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/w...-fat.html?_r=0
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #482
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to make this for dinner tonight, because I already have a big bowl of zucchini noodles prepared. Thinking I will definitely use more than 1-2 strips of bacon though! Lol! It's like a BLT bowl! Yum!

SPICY BACON, LETTUCE AND ROASTED TOMATO ZUCCHINI PASTA

Ingredients:
1 serving= about 5 carbs

1 cup cherry tomatoes
olive oil to drizzle
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 strips bacon
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup chopped kale, large stems removed
1 large zucchini, spiralized or just julienne if you don't have a spiralizer

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the tomatoes in a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss to combine thoroughly and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside once done (they’ll be used in the pasta).

Ten minutes into baking the tomatoes, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the bacon slices. Cook the bacon for 3 minutes and then flip over and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until bacon is to your preferred crispiness. Using a slotted spoon, set aside the bacon on a paper-towel lined plate when done.

Pour out half of the bacon fat in the skillet and keep the rest in the skillet.

Add in the garlic, cook for 1 minute and then add in the red pepper flakes and kale. Cook the kale until mostly wilted.

Add in the zucchini pasta, roasted tomatoes, and bacon. Stir frequently for about 2-3 minutes or until noodles are coated with tomato juices and have softened.

Pour the noodles into a bowl and enjoy!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #483
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

This turned out really good! I used spinach in place of kale because it was what I had in the house. I also roasted a red bell pepper in with the tomatoes. Finally I added a little walnut pesto to the pan towards the end of cooking. I will definitely make it again. You could even stir in a cauliflower cream sauce and use different veggies & chicken/shrimp for an alfredo type dish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I am going to make this for dinner tonight, because I already have a big bowl of zucchini noodles prepared. Thinking I will definitely use more than 1-2 strips of bacon though! Lol! It's like a BLT bowl! Yum!

SPICY BACON, LETTUCE AND ROASTED TOMATO ZUCCHINI PASTA

Ingredients:
1 serving= about 5 carbs

1 cup cherry tomatoes
olive oil to drizzle
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 strips bacon
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup chopped kale, large stems removed
1 large zucchini, spiralized or just julienne if you don't have a spiralizer

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the tomatoes in a baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Toss to combine thoroughly and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Set aside once done (they’ll be used in the pasta).

Ten minutes into baking the tomatoes, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the bacon slices. Cook the bacon for 3 minutes and then flip over and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until bacon is to your preferred crispiness. Using a slotted spoon, set aside the bacon on a paper-towel lined plate when done.

Pour out half of the bacon fat in the skillet and keep the rest in the skillet.

Add in the garlic, cook for 1 minute and then add in the red pepper flakes and kale. Cook the kale until mostly wilted.

Add in the zucchini pasta, roasted tomatoes, and bacon. Stir frequently for about 2-3 minutes or until noodles are coated with tomato juices and have softened.

Pour the noodles into a bowl and enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #484
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Irish Soda Bread Buns

I discovered this recipe in my newsletter from the place I usually buy my grass fed meat from. I haven't tried it yet, but decided to post it in case anyone else is interested in making it. I have a silicone hamburger bun baking thingamajig that I am going to bake these on. Pic links back to U.S. Wellness Meats which is where I copied the recipe from.

P.S. I wanted to add that I have made some very similar to these and they turned out well. Experimenting has taught me to use blanched almond flour for breads. Unblanched is just too course and dense for bread.

Ingredients:

2½ cups almond flour

1/3 cup tapioca starch

1/4 tsp celtic sea salt

1½ tsp baking soda

2 tbs coconut sugar

2 whole eggs

2 tbs apple cider vinegar

caraway seeds

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca starch, sea salt, baking soda and coconut sugar.

In a smaller mixing bowl, combine eggs and apple cider vinegar and beat lightly.

Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine thoroughly.

Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and form into a large circle about 8 inches in diameter and 1½ to 2 inches high.

Cut dough into quarters and reform into circles about 3 inches across and 1½ to 2 inches high.

Use a sharp knife to score a cross into each piece of dough.

Top dough with caraway seeds

Bake at 400° F for 15-20 minutes. Soda bread is done when it is golden brown in color and a toothpick comes out clean once inserted.

Using a bread knife, slice Irish Soda Bread buns in half lengthwise.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #485
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is a link with a pageful of yummy salad dressing & vinaigrette recipes for you all!

https://paleoleap.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/
Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #486
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is one of my own dressings:

Citrus Balsamic Dressing

1 tsp of herbes de province
.5 to 1 tbsp of cumin (I like cumin so I tend to use a tablespoon full)
Juice of 2 medium oranges (between 1/2 & 3/4 of a cup ideally)
3 healthy tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
minced garlic clove (optional)
salt & pepper to taste

This can be whisked in a bowl or blended up in a blender. Add everything to your chosen container EXCEPT for the evoo. Blend or whisk and then slowly drizzle the oil into the mixture until all ingredients are blended well. Best if allowed to chill in the fridge for 30 min or so to allow the flavors to marry, but can be served immediately. Easy peasy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #487
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Grain Free Alternatives to Almond & Coconut Flours
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 AM   #488
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I save recipes even if I never make them.

This one looks so good, though it has so many steps!

Death By Chocolate Cheesecake
Yield: 1 cake

Serving Size: 1/16th of cake

The richest, densest, most chocolatey low carb cheesecake recipe on the planet. Your dream keto dessert recipe.

Ingredients

Crust:
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
3 tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
6 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp butter
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup heavy cream, room temperature
2 tsp melted butter for brushing sides of pan

Topping:
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup confectioner's Swerve Sweetener
3 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions

Crust:
Preheat oven to 325F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Stir in melted butter until well combined.
Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, and then remove and reduce oven temperature to 300F.

Filling:
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt dark chocolate with butter, stirring until smooth. Set aside to let cool.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweeteners and vanilla extract, then beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down beaters and sides of bowl as needed.

Beat in cocoa powder and heavy cream until well combined, then beat in melted chocolate until mixture is completely smooth.

Brush sides of springform pan with melted butter, taking care not to disturb the crust. Pour filling into pan and gently shake from side to side to even out. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until filling is mostly set but still jiggles just a little in the center.

Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen. Let cool completely. Once cool, remove sides, cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Topping:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and sweetener. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and vanilla. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.

Pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Chill until set.

Notes

Serves 16. Each serving has 11.49 g of carbs and 6.27 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5.22 g.

Food energy: 378kcal Total fat: 32.98g Calories from fat: 296 Cholesterol: 112mg Carbohydrate: 11.49g Total dietary fiber: 6.27g Protein: 7.75g

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/201...heesecake.html

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #489
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Salt n Pepper Crackers!

I made these salt n pepper crackers today, except I also added thyme to the mix. They are really good, and super easy to whip up in a food processor! Now I may just have to make a trip to the store for some cheese and maybe summer sausage to go with them. These crackers will become a staple in my house!

I also have a recipe for some coconut flour crackers but I want to make sure the recipe works before posting it here.

Salt And Pepper Crackers

Ingredients:
2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
1 large egg
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions:
1. Place almond flour, egg, salt, and pepper in a food processor
2. Pulse until dough forms
3. Place dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper
4. Roll out dough to 1/16 inch thick, then remove top piece of parchment paper
5. Transfer bottom piece of parchment paper with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
6. Cut into 2 inch squares using a pizza cutter or a knife
7. Sprinkle with extra salt and pepper if desired
8. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes
9. Serve

elanaspantry.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #490
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is a pic of my "rustic" crackers! ha! They have a great crunch and taste. I didn't have a rolling pin on hand, but I am going to make one so that I can make a thinner cracker next time. They are filling, so no worries about eating too many.

Last edited by Jesse; 04-02-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Hmm...Guess I should have made it smaller when I resized it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #491
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yum! I made this to use for dipping when I make rice paper rolls like I did this afternoon. I used a little honey for the sweetener. You can use almonds or cashews or some of both. It is really good and is a nice stand in for peanut sauce.

Paleo No Peanut Sauce

Old 04-14-2017, 09:36 PM   #492
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Yum! This is my new favorite dough recipe for pizzas and other goodies. You have to scroll down through all of the monologue to get to the actual recipe but it is well worth it!

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/
Old 05-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #493
flannel_butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Their
Relationship Status:
Married

flannel_butch is on a distinguished road
Default I spend more time on this site than I care to admit

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/ -- In case any other LCHF people want to drool over amazing recipes all day like I am haha.
flannel_butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flannel_butch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #494
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Jesse!!

Where are you?

Well, I hope!

What are you cooking up?

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

Old 05-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #495
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i hit 5 guys tonite for no carb dinner!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 06:30 AM   #496
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Bumping this great thread? Started by Jesse*

Terrific low carb and paleo recipes.

~Washington Post

Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #497
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
*Bumping this great thread! Started by Jesse*

Terrific low carb and paleo recipes.
Whoops, added question mark instead of exclamation mark!

Changing it...

~Washington Post

Old 07-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #498
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Where is Jesse??
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #499
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Where is Jesse??
I'on't know, but I'll be glad when him and Sadie return.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #500
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I got a recipe off Pinterest awhile ago for Crack Slaw and I'm going to make some tonight. I love it but my spouse does not, so she can have leftovers!

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo