Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #3421
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Saturday early evening at the gym was nice and quiet. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster while watching a documentary on the men's rights movement. It was by a woman who has done feminist films, so I thought it would be against it, but it seemed to be about how she changed her mind through making the documentary! I certainly won't be watching the rest of it!

Then I did 30 minutes of weight lifting and stretching and floor exercises. I have one more week of school, so hopefully that will translate into a summer of a lot more exercise.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #3422
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym in the early evening and did 30 minutes on the stair master, with intervals of 2 minutes, Levels 1-5. Then I did weight lifting and yoga for a combined 30 minutes. It felt like heaven.

The gym remains so nice and empty, especially the weight lifting area. Everyone is in the Hamptons. I hope they enjoy and continue to go, so that I can have the gym to myself. It's a 3 day weekend this week (my last week of school) because Monday is a Muslim holiday.

Peace be with you, exercisers!

How do I... ?
Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #3423
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I walked for what added up to about an hour. I walked along the river to and from my home to Alice's Tea Cup, an Alice in Wonderland themed tea and yummies place, where I was meeting friends. It was a lovely day.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #3424
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

45 minutes on the stairmaster (2 minute intervals, levels 1-5)

I haven't been sleeping enough and am up now so... day off tomorrow!

How do I... ?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #3425
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Great job keeping up with it, nyc! I have blown off the gym while I had company and I've gained some weight. Could also be because he made me delicious and rich pasta and sauce too. I've been well fed for sure.

Soooo.....I'll work on getting back into the swing of things this weekend and getting back down to where I was.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #3426
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stair master, watching a netflix doc of the Hulk Hogan sex tape trial. Not bad.

How do I... ?
Old 07-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #3427
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

miles and miles of walking....

that pretty much surmises it lately.

Sometimes with groceries.

Usually up a hill (both ways)

Definitely gonna make use of the gym here in the building now that I have adequate foot wear.

I really miss yoga. Cant believe two guys living in Seattle don't even own a friggin yoga mat.....seriously fellas....
Old 07-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #3428
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stair master, finished my "Nobody speak" doc (pretty good, about the politics of journalism), now started on Keeper (doc, of course).

How do I... ?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #3429
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hello, exercisers!

I had one Helluva workout this morning! I knew I was going to an Escape class but I didn't have a clue as to what was in store for me. When I came in, the other class was still going and I wondered what held them up. It didn't take long to find out.

She had our class start our "warm up" while she had the leaving class cool down. Then we did approximately half an hour of 'typical' workout stuff. Stuff like Burpees and backward lunges and squats. Stuff I kinda hate. There was some other stuff in there too, like jumping jacks and crunches, that I don't mind.

Then we kicked into 'Escape' mode. This half hour was super duper high intensity. Normally, it's 30 seconds on and 30 seconds of rest. The 'advanced' classes were 45 seconds of activity followed by 30 seconds of rest. THIS woman pushed us for one minute at each station and we only got 15 seconds of rest in between. OMG. We repeated the cycle twice and then she had us do some more callisthenic type stuff and some stretching. If there'd been a 7 o'clock class, we would have run into their time too. She's going to have to cut down on the 'warm up' stuff, I think. That's what tires me out faster anyway.

So, this morning's trainer is new and seems to be staying. I went to the gym yesterday to give them an earful and happened upon the manager, who I like and have talked to ad nauseam about this stuff as well as a higher up. Someone who actually signs checks so I gave him an earful too. If they are going to maintain these early morning classes, though, I'll be alright. I told them both, flat out, that if there weren't any early morning classes, there was no point for me to participate and pay for that program. Money talks, or maybe he was a little afraid of me. I can be quite pushy when it comes to me wasting money on something. Don't mess with people's money!

I got my money's worth this morning, though. Man, I'm going to feel this alllll day tomorrow then it's back again for a 5am on Friday and there's a 7:30am Spin class on Sunday that I'm interested in. That should take care of my fitness needs for this week.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #3430
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Cardiology released me to be able to.continue with PT.

I won't know entirely what the new plan will be, until next Friday.

But, since early June, I've been increasing the length of time I am out in the "community." What that means, is that I'm going out on my own to medical appointments, that are not a part of my work injury case.

I still need the assist of using a mobility device.... so that when the pain of my injuries becomes too much, at least I can sit down on my mobility device until I stabilize.

I opted out of pain killers, months ago. So although my pain level never goes lower than a 5 (on a scale of 1 to 10), at a baseline resting rate, and when I am out in the community, pushing myself to walk for longer and longer lengths of time, I am building up my endurance. My pain level.tops out near a 7, when i.push myself like this.

By the time I get home from outings in the community (today I pushed myself past previous limits and walked for at least 5.5 hours), I am worn out and tired, and in tons of pain, but I am worn out in a good way.

I have a weird tolerance for pain. So I have to be super careful.

Anyway, I saw swim suit today. I'm buying it next Tuesday, in preparation for pool therapy. It's cute, all black, kind of spendy, but I am worth it, I think.

That's where I'm at with my exercise and increasing my mobility and physical recovery.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #3431
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hello, exercisers!

I had one Helluva workout this morning! I knew I was going to an Escape class but I didn't have a clue as to what was in store for me. When I came in, the other class was still going and I wondered what held them up. It didn't take long to find out.

She had our class start our "warm up" while she had the leaving class cool down. Then we did approximately half an hour of 'typical' workout stuff. Stuff like Burpees and backward lunges and squats. Stuff I kinda hate. There was some other stuff in there too, like jumping jacks and crunches, that I don't mind.

Then we kicked into 'Escape' mode. This half hour was super duper high intensity. Normally, it's 30 seconds on and 30 seconds of rest. The 'advanced' classes were 45 seconds of activity followed by 30 seconds of rest. THIS woman pushed us for one minute at each station and we only got 15 seconds of rest in between. OMG. We repeated the cycle twice and then she had us do some more callisthenic type stuff and some stretching. If there'd been a 7 o'clock class, we would have run into their time too. She's going to have to cut down on the 'warm up' stuff, I think. That's what tires me out faster anyway.

So, this morning's trainer is new and seems to be staying. I went to the gym yesterday to give them an earful and happened upon the manager, who I like and have talked to ad nauseam about this stuff as well as a higher up. Someone who actually signs checks so I gave him an earful too. If they are going to maintain these early morning classes, though, I'll be alright. I told them both, flat out, that if there weren't any early morning classes, there was no point for me to participate and pay for that program. Money talks, or maybe he was a little afraid of me. I can be quite pushy when it comes to me wasting money on something. Don't mess with people's money!

I got my money's worth this morning, though. Man, I'm going to feel this alllll day tomorrow then it's back again for a 5am on Friday and there's a 7:30am Spin class on Sunday that I'm interested in. That should take care of my fitness needs for this week.
I *just* got to the point where I'm not wincing when I move and, up until yesterday, was in extreme discomfort whenever I stood or sat. This workout was waaaaay too much for me and my quads. I'll have to scale it back somehow if they keep this format. Maybe only doing the half hour on the stations.

It's good to know one's limits.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #3432
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I *just* got to the point where I'm not wincing when I move and, up until yesterday, was in extreme discomfort whenever I stood or sat. This workout was waaaaay too much for me and my quads. I'll have to scale it back somehow if they keep this format. Maybe only doing the half hour on the stations.

It's good to know one's limits.
I SO enjoy reading your posts and too, nycfem's posts.....

love the documentary commentary JEnnifer!

Well.... I enjoy everyone's posts. Equally.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #3433
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes stairmaster (Levels 1-4, intervals), 30 min Level 7 stationary bike, 30 minutes weightlifting, stretching, and yoga combined.

Let's see if I can get m' groove back

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #3434
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I think I'm going to have to have a talk with the management at my 2nd gym to see exactly what the formula is going to be for the Escape classes. If I can adapt them and do half the formula as it is now, that should work for me. Also, if they revert back to the 30 on and 30 off or even 45 on and 30 off, that would be good for me.

Currently, I haven't done much but still on my tookus, so I need to vamp things up a bit. Not sure what I'll do but I need to get back out there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #3435
knight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

knight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yoga

Good Day
I have been doing a 30 day yoga challenge mostly to strengthen my body and gain more balance. Its also an amazing exercise in being still. I do a lot of daily physical work, currently renovating a house as well as taking on a good size yard that has been neglected for nine years.

Yoga is amazing for healing lower back issues, I have already noticed a significant difference...

Enjoy your day everyone
Namaste!
knight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knight For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #3436
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Post love/hate relationship

Hi exercisers!

I have been an on/off exerciser for years.
In the past 7 months, I have

Quit smoking

Decreased my weight

Have been - weight training
cardio : bike, elliptical, and a little swimming

I hope to do more yoga : not impressed by my gym's instructor

Any recommendations for types of yoga? - I want to improve my flexibility

“We have not always been forced to pass, to go underground, in order to work and live. We have a right to live openly and proudly...when our lives are suppressed, everyone is denied an understanding of the rich diversity of sex and gender expression and experience that exist in human society.”
― Leslie Feinberg, Transgender Warriors
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #3437
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghealer View Post

Hi exercisers!

I have been an on/off exerciser for years.
In the past 7 months, I have

Quit smoking

Decreased my weight

Have been - weight training
cardio : bike, elliptical, and a little swimming

I hope to do more yoga : not impressed by my gym's instructor

Any recommendations for types of yoga? - I want to improve my flexibility

There's a type of yoga that is essentially nothing but stretching. An on again/off again gym buddy told me about it but I can't remember the name of it. Basically, you go into a stretch and hold it for 4-5 minutes so that, by the time you are done, you've really sunk into it and are practically laying flat on the floor. Very relaxing and great for flexibility.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 PM   #3438
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today: 30 min. stairmaster (levels 1-4, interval), 30 minutes combined of weightlifting, floor exercises (abs/legs), and stretching

How do I... ?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #3439
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today: 30 min. stairmaster (levels 1-4, interval), 30 minutes combined of weightlifting, floor exercises (abs/legs), and stretching
You are my hero!

I've done nothing. Squat. Kaput.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #3440
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Red face

Yesterday began at 0550 hrs and came to a close by 1830 hrs. I spent time taking pictures of my university campus and got selfies of myself and two other people, for a photography project .....

Today, I need to go to my credit union to pay off the holiday loan I took out last fall, then go buy the swimming suit I found on sale. Then come home to my BFF's house to settle in for a movie fest, watch over and feed the pets, then do a bit of watering the yard, flowers and such.

<<<~~ very tired from yesterday, will still be tired today, has all week long to rest up, but I feel good.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights