cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

at the grocery store...i was getting my wallet from my purse...and saw barefeet with sandals...my gaze went up and i saw plaid shorts...further up i saw a butch with a dallas cowboys ski cap on her head walking by me at the check out....looking at me as if i were invisible...as the couple behind her walked by me i did not notice the husband, but the wife glared at me...i did not feel invisible to her..i managed to get my things rung up while the girls behind me watched my peculiar interactions with total strangers...and as i tried to make my way passed all of them i was invisible as all of them found a way to prevent me from passing...ugh...this happens to me every time i am at the store...sigh...

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #102
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

So I thought I'd add my two cents to this thread, because I find it interesting. Not sure what I have to say is worth that much though.

I'm completely oblivious. To everyone. It's not a matter of not knowing if a lady is femme or not. It's me being so lost in my own head and probably thinking about my own feelings of invisibility that I don't notice anyone around me in return.

And when it comes to a femme being interested in me or flirting with me? I'm definitely the butch you'll need a 2x4 with. Unless you make it 100% clear and obvious, I will not pick up on the subtly.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:19 PM   #103
thedreamerin

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, or miss
Relationship Status:
single

thedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputation
Default What people see..

I am completely invisible, as far as my status as a lesbian goes. For me it is kind of nifty. I kind of see it like this... by mistaking me for just any other heterosexual woman they are proving a point that I try to make everyday of my life.
We're all humans first.
Still, I guess it can be a bit frustrating because I have yet to get hit on by a woman in the physical.
Then again I am the type that you would have to be semi aggressive with to gain any headway because I live in my own little world.
thedreamerin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedreamerin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #104
thedreamerin

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, or miss
Relationship Status:
single

thedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputationthedreamerin Has the BEST Reputation
Default Semi aggressive

By semi aggressive I mean You have to come up to me and say "Hey I think you're beautiful... " that gets my attention. Or at least you could say something along that vein. Just don't grab my butt, that will get you slapped, and don't stare at my boobs..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedreamerin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #105
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

It feels as if the older I get, the more invisible as a femme lesbian I become. First of all, I now own a car and I no longer ride my motorcycle everywhere full time, and year 'round. I did that until I was about 48 years old. Besides the fact that riding through winters in New York makes any person look bad-ass, (bad-ass woman=lesbian is often a safe assumption), my motorcycle and my helmet are bedecked with rainbow stickers. That's been my regular cue to the world for most of my adult life.

But it's not just the motorcycle. Something else has changed. I may look softer now, and for better or worse, I think I blend in better. My closest friend who has known me since I was in my mid twenties commented on it the other day. She said, "You look more and more like a straight girl. If I were meeting you for the first time I might not guess you were queer."

I don't like it, but I don't think I'm prepared to deliberately change anything about myself. At least not yet.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #106
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I have always looked straight and always refused to get the alternative haircut or go performatively feminine in ways that would have gotten me a second look from other queers -- because it's not me. It has sorta sucked to get that "you are not a dyke" look from women who weren't even born yet when I came out, but there is something about my gender presentation that is pretty core. I don't plan on changing it.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #107
thedreamerin

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, or miss
Relationship Status:
single

Default I believe that

It is just beautiful that we don't have to change.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedreamerin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #108
BombsiteBoudicca

How Do You Identify?:
high femme/baby girl/girly girl/sometimes a femme daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey; darling; sexy
Relationship Status:
Daddy's girl

BombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST Reputation
Default two sides of the coin

i know this sounds old skool, but i'm rarely 'seen' unless i'm with a butch partner/date/friend. This is simultaneously extremely frustrating *and yet* gives me a little frisson of excitement. It's the thrill of being recognized...a very powerful- and empowering- feeling for those of us who are often mistaken as straight.

Our visions begin with our desires - Audre Lorde
BombsiteBoudicca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BombsiteBoudicca For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #109
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombsiteBoudicca View Post
i know this sounds old skool, but i'm rarely 'seen' unless i'm with a butch partner/date/friend. This is simultaneously extremely frustrating *and yet* gives me a little frisson of excitement. It's the thrill of being recognized...a very powerful- and empowering- feeling for those of us who are often mistaken as straight.
I don't know how this is "old skool" but i completely agree with your post. It IS frustrating to not be seen when alone or with other femmes. However, when with my butch...wow, what a feeling. I walk tall and proud. I know i'm seen by both straight folk and most importantly by gay folk.

I remember not too long ago being with Durx8 at the mall and we passed a couple of butch folk and they smiled at us and nodded. Point is, if i had been alone, i would not have received that smile or nod or even noticed. It feels GOOD to be included in the community!!!!

I'm not sure what butches feel like when walking with femmes, but this femme feels SEEN. And PROUD.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #110
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Still invisable, looking more like a middle aged woman every day. Lol, whatever that really means!

I used to think femme meant dresses and heals, but i came out late in life (38) and had no role models other than finding the old B-F site and reading about what a femme SHOULD look like. I finally learned to just be me, and i am much happier.

I get visability when I'm with my love, and I am content with that.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #111
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

One of the things I really have enjoyed about the reunions is the ability to be *understood* on sight by relative strangers, without necessarily having a date on my arm to queer me.

I've taken up the nod.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 02:59 AM   #112
cutiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Single

cutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I can't find an exciting butch. Once at a party two butches were debating if I was straight until I tried to dance with one of them but she already had a girlfriend. But sometimes I'm confident enough to turn my head and smile at a cute butch and then they notice me.
cutiefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cutiefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #113
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Work

I lose my visibility at work, doesn't bother me till it does.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #114
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

Invisible can be so peaceful and my friends know how to find me...
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2015, 03:55 AM   #115
BombsiteBoudicca

How Do You Identify?:
high femme/baby girl/girly girl/sometimes a femme daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey; darling; sexy
Relationship Status:
Daddy's girl

BombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST ReputationBombsiteBoudicca Has the BEST Reputation
Default head/heart

I totally understand the peacefulness that can come with invisibility, but I guess the older I get the more I want to scream "HERE!!!! OVER HERE!!!!"
The feminist in me (well, every bit of me is feminist but anyway....) resents the fact I need another human being to publicly define me. Yet I know deep down I need my butch/daddy to feel truly me. My head may be conflicted but my heart and panties love it ; )

Our visions begin with our desires - Audre Lorde
BombsiteBoudicca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BombsiteBoudicca For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #116
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Invisibility gets on my nerves the second someone asks me if I have a husband or references gay people as though I am straight or when a straight woman expects me to drool over some male celebrity with them. I outed myself on the first day of my current job because one of my coworkers was talking about a doctor and she said, "you know he's *whisper* gay, right?" I was all "me too." Maybe it would be smarter to keep silent - but I just don't want to participate in bullshit.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #117
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

I find my invisibilty comforting at times, and annoying at others. I want it to be known that I am beautiful and proud to not be open for male gaze, that I am with a Butch of my choosing and I also am Queer. During dangerous times, I can pass and it's kinda nice because I can protect myself.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #118
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I see tons of cute butches when I'm out and about, but I get really weird responses when I try to flirt. I think I must look like a church girl from the suburbs. I still remember the one time a very attractive butch tried to flirt with me and I blew it off because I was upset about something. I think that memory will haunt me for the rest of my life..lol.
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2015, 12:09 AM   #119
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

My poor girlfriend is "invisible" but I don't think she has an issue with it or not, I am trying to get her into the realm of the butch-femme dance and such. IDK if I will succeed but at least I can try.

I read the femme's stories in here and it sounds a bit like how my g/f is perceived outside of the comfort of her home.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #120
Mormegil

How Do You Identify?:
just myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
meh
Relationship Status:
single

Mormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST ReputationMormegil Has the BEST Reputation

Well I know im invisible , since Im 31 and not one woman ever has approached me or flirted...and im butch and theres a gay community here lol . So dont feel bad about being invisible i know what you mean. Iam so over being invisible.

Tags
femme invisibility