Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #4021
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Last Sunday of August.....

I am terribly exhausted from yesterday's activities, but today I made up my mind to get some form of exercise in.

I moved my new plants into Eddie's bedroom (with help).

I took my favorite old make-do chair, the lawn chair, outside onto the deck, which now sits below the umbrella, so I can sit outside when it rains.

I had my helper move the big wood and glass top table into the vacant space formerly occupied by my lawn chair.... so I can sit my laptop on it, while watching tee-vee type programs, etc.

Then I vacuum'd up the carpets and in Eddie's bedroom (thankfully the vacuum cleaner is ultra light weight).

I broke into an sweat, so now I need to shower, before committing the last bit of energy I have to make something to eat.

Sometimes, I have to practically beg myself to move, when I feel so tired. I didn't beg at all. I just took an no-nonsense approach and said to myself:

Move! <<<<<<~~ this word will prove to be lifesaving, for sure.

~K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #4022
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

finished some yard work and 30 min of yoga

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #4023
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
At lunch today I went off my eating plan. Like way off into carb land. I came back with a food baby. I gave it 2 hours for my body to digest but I still had that food baby and felt like a pregnant whale. But I decided that even pregnant whales could probably walk on a treadmill if they had feet. So I went to the gym.

That's right - I'm a badass.

Whales become dolphins with walking on the treadmill and who doesn't like dolphins?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #4024
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
i did get out to do some yard work and i am thinking about the 30 day yoga challenge again....
I am very curious about this yoga challenge. I'm not bendy or stretchy enough to do a lot of yoga poses but I like the meditative aspect. Are you doing this based on some thing you found on a website or just on your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I am terribly exhausted from yesterday's activities, but today I made up my mind to get some form of exercise in.

I moved my new plants into Eddie's bedroom (with help).

I took my favorite old make-do chair, the lawn chair, outside onto the deck, which now sits below the umbrella, so I can sit outside when it rains.

I had my helper move the big wood and glass top table into the vacant space formerly occupied by my lawn chair.... so I can sit my laptop on it, while watching tee-vee type programs, etc.

Then I vacuum'd up the carpets and in Eddie's bedroom (thankfully the vacuum cleaner is ultra light weight).

I broke into an sweat, so now I need to shower, before committing the last bit of energy I have to make something to eat.

Sometimes, I have to practically beg myself to move, when I feel so tired. I didn't beg at all. I just took an no-nonsense approach and said to myself:

Move! <<<<<<~~ this word will prove to be lifesaving, for sure.

~K.
That's a lot of good exercising Kätzchen - and to me sometimes the hardest to stay motivated to do. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Whales become dolphins with walking on the treadmill and who doesn't like dolphins?

Gemme you are a wealth of information! I had no idea about the whale >> dolphin transformation. That's very exciting!!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #4025
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am very curious about this yoga challenge. I'm not bendy or stretchy enough to do a lot of yoga poses but I like the meditative aspect. Are you doing this based on some thing you found on a website or just on your own?
https://youtu.be/TXU591OYOHA

a coworker introduced me to this youtube channel and i have done the 30 day challenge all the way thru (it took me more like 45 days) this was a few years ago

i mostly work out on sunday so i want to try alternating treadmill with yoga, or maybe treadmill one day and yoga another day of the week (i work out at home so i have limited resources)

i have a dr appt this week and it will depend on that the dr says (a year ago i was advised to exercise 150 hours per week) recently my heart rate has been high so not sure what the drs will say...hopefully i will get the drs ok and go for it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #4026
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I should be doing my chair workouts, but alas I am not.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 AM   #4027
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

a coworker introduced me to this youtube channel and i have done the 30 day challenge all the way thru (it took me more like 45 days) this was a few years ago

i mostly work out on sunday so i want to try alternating treadmill with yoga, or maybe treadmill one day and yoga another day of the week (i work out at home so i have limited resources)

i have a dr appt this week and it will depend on that the dr says (a year ago i was advised to exercise 150 hours per week) recently my heart rate has been high so not sure what the drs will say...hopefully i will get the drs ok and go for it!
I hope that's a typo! Maybe 15 hours a week?

Even then, that seems excessive for a non-athlete.

Oh! Are you training for something?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #4028
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I ran for a connecting flight Sunday morning! Does that count....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #4029
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I hope that's a typo! Maybe 15 hours a week?

Even then, that seems excessive for a non-athlete.

Oh! Are you training for something?

OOPS!!! 150 minutes (feels like 150 hours!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2018, 04:48 AM   #4030
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks so much for sharing I really like that lady I think I'm going to try to do that in September. Although I doubt very much it'll be every day it'll probably be a couple times a week. If I get to healthy too fast my system might go into shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I should be doing my chair workouts, but alas I am not.
I believe in you - you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I ran for a connecting flight Sunday morning! Does that count....
You used the word run in that sentence so I figure it counts!

Quote:
OOPS!!! 150 minutes (feels like 150 hours!)
Oh thank goodness! That seems much more doable!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up excited about going to the gym after work tonight. I've got my bag all ready to go when I go to work this morning. Does that make me an official gym rat? Or do I have to lift weights to be a gym rat?

Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #4031
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

No weights necessary, Mopsie!

If you are looking forward to your time at the gym, that's great! Workouts give you endorphins and that's happy juice for your brain. I know when I've had a really good workout, I feel the best about myself and I have high self-esteem. I love that feeling!

I took today off but will head back to the gym tomorrow for circuit training.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:40 AM   #4032
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I went to the gym yesterday but opted not to do circuit training. The elliptical to the rescue!

Stats: 226 cal, 1.91 mi, 35:00 min

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #4033
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I was in Ohio visiting my mom for five days, where I did not exercise. My mom gets lots of exercise taking her dog on at least two long walks every day. But I wasn't really eager to go out in the heat.

Today I went back to the gym and had a great work-out, 36 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the weight floor. It feels good to get back to my routine! On Tuesday I go back to school (work), so it will be trying to keep up my summer work-outs.

Hope everyone is enjoying their exercise.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2018, 03:34 AM   #4034
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I was in Ohio visiting my mom for five days, where I did not exercise. My mom gets lots of exercise taking her dog on at least two long walks every day. But I wasn't really eager to go out in the heat.

Today I went back to the gym and had a great work-out, 36 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the weight floor. It feels good to get back to my routine! On Tuesday I go back to school (work), so it will be trying to keep up my summer work-outs.

Hope everyone is enjoying their exercise.
Welcome back!

I wanted to tell you that I finally saw the StairMaster machines at my gym yesterday. I thought maybe we didn't have any. We only have three and they are tucked into a corner but my God those things are huge! If yours are the same kind you are climbing Mount Everest every time you get on. I am so in awe of you!

As for me I was on the treadmill yesterday for 30 minutes. When I went on Tuesday I tried to speed up some but it started hurting my bad knee. So I had to slow back down to a little bit faster than tortoise speed. I decided yesterday that if I couldn't be a hare, then I was going to be a mountain goat. I increased my incline every five minutes as a way to give myself a challenge. It went pretty well!

Old 08-31-2018, 05:16 AM   #4035
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Welcome back!

I wanted to tell you that I finally saw the StairMaster machines at my gym yesterday. I thought maybe we didn't have any. We only have three and they are tucked into a corner but my God those things are huge! If yours are the same kind you are climbing Mount Everest every time you get on. I am so in awe of you!

As for me I was on the treadmill yesterday for 30 minutes. When I went on Tuesday I tried to speed up some but it started hurting my bad knee. So I had to slow back down to a little bit faster than tortoise speed. I decided yesterday that if I couldn't be a hare, then I was going to be a mountain goat. I increased my incline every five minutes as a way to give myself a challenge. It went pretty well!

Good for you, Mopsie! See? One thing at a time! You're doing great!!!

I have trouble with my knees too. I'm not sure if it would work for you, but glucosamine works wonders for me. It coats the joints so it's especially good for argumentative knees.

I get to do some manual labor today but it's okay. It'll be 20 degrees cooler than yesterday and with far less humidity.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2018, 07:27 PM   #4036
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I did an lot of walking yesterday, and today.

One of my new goals is to walk at least one hour per day, even if my legs continue to throb or my back is screaming at me (I don't take pain killers of any kind, medication wise).

I checked in today with my primary care doctor and she said to stick to one hour or less, of walking per day. So that's what I'm going to do. If it the weather turns rainy or snowy, I can always go to an big store and walk around for a bit, rather than use an electric shopping cart. But I'll still use the E-cart when I go grocery shopping.

K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #4037
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Got to the gym and had a good workout this morning!

Too many people working on the weight machines so it was my go to elliptical today.

Stats: 248 cal, 2.18 mi, 35:00 min

So close! It would have been great to get to 250 but I'm still very happy what I did.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping those still on the couch!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #4038
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

32 minutes on the stairmaster, and 20 minutes on the weight floor- for a total of 52 minute workout at the gym

I went back to Toddlers and Tiaras. I missed it. The competition is quite engaging. And the psychology of the families are interesting. It's kinda boring but interesting enough that I thought I'd give it another try. Tonight's pageant: Disco Fever theme.

Gym a bit empty due to labor Day weekend. Closes at 6pm due to holiday weekend. I exercised up until it hit 6pm and felt like somehow that was exciting.

Happy exercising, all!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #4039
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

yesterday morning I swam a few laps in the campground pool....hiking today if its not too hot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 06:25 PM   #4040
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today the gym was closing early for Labor Day weekend. I did 40 minutes on the stairmaster. I put it on the wrong settings. Guess I just wasn't paying attention, so that threw me off, but I just went with it anyway. I watched the pageant theme Sugar and Spice on Toddlers and Tiaras. What makes it exciting in these competitions is how you never know if a toddler is going to blow kisses or have a temper tantrum. There is some suspense there.

I saw Judith on the way in sitting on the locker room couch. She said, "Oh, hey, Jennifer!" It was nice.

Happy exercising!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights