Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quirk could be my middle name. Sometimes I take inventory of the quirkiness I have and I just know I am going to be that "odd" or "eccentric dyke that lives in the corner house with that little bulldog."

What can one do!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #62
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
salt over the shoulder
find a penny pick it up,all day long have good luck
aforementioned penny MUST be on heads,otherwise its bad luck

think thats all for now before the fact that im a nutjob starts to come out!
Salt over the LEFT shoulder, to be specific.

However, I've never understood how finding money could be a bad thing. If I see coinage on the ground, as long as it's not in the middle of a pile of vomit or something equally disgusting, you bet your bippy I'm picking that sucker up! As I do, I say in my head, "See a penny, pick it up, and all day long have good luck!" (as you mentioned). I actually think the tails up ones are luckier for me than the heads up ones.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #63
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

If your nose itches your going to kiss a fool.

When I was a kid very time my nose itched I would kiss my sister and she would tell on me.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #64
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

regarding ladybugs

You are not to kill them and they are considered good luck because they are named after Mother Mary.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #65
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default guardian angel

if you sit in between two people with the same first name, you get to make a wish.

(everyone has a guardian angel)

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #66
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Irish folklore

It is good to meet a white lamb in the early morning with the sunlight on its face.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #67
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default card playing

The luckiest seat is the one which faces the door; the most unlucky is that which has its back to the fire-place.

It is good luck to blow through the cards when they are being shuffled.

When changing seats at the table you should always move in a clockwise direction; that is, from right to left.

It is very unlucky to sit cross-legged when playing cards.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #68
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default stairrcase in the home

It is unlucky to pass anyone on the stairs (cross your fingers if you do)

Stairways symbolized the means of ascending to the above abode of the gods and it was dangerous to tresspass.

--
makes me think of old large homes, stairways were narrow, and the higher you went, the more narrow they became.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #69
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Raises my hand! I'm superstitious, quirky, neurotic and a germ-a-phob...

If I could wear surgical gloves in public without anyone thinking I was fucked up and crazy, I would do it!!! HA HA!! LoL

I love my Dogs germs though... they can lick my face all they want to! And so can my girl, when I have a girl.
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #70
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Salt over the LEFT shoulder, to be specific.

However, I've never understood how finding money could be a bad thing. If I see coinage on the ground, as long as it's not in the middle of a pile of vomit or something equally disgusting, you bet your bippy I'm picking that sucker up! As I do, I say in my head, "See a penny, pick it up, and all day long have good luck!" (as you mentioned). I actually think the tails up ones are luckier for me than the heads up ones.
When I drop coins on the ground as I often do, if they land tails up, I always turn them over before picking them up. And I make sure that some part of the coin is still touching the ground as I'm transitioning the coin to the heads up side, flat down again, before I will pick it up. Lol.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #71
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile songs of the most common florida herbivore / orthoptera

there was the time stopped at a red light-, it was a bright, hot, summer florida afternoon, and a glowing grasshopper rested upon my thigh. thank goodness, i thought, it was not a [grasshopper] relative! even to me, at that moment in traffic, that i would fear such a small insect for all of these years of my life, seemed irrational in light of several things: a] in native culture the understanding is pretty full of important lessons [as are paths taken gaining awareness more deeply, with other guides], and a repeated connection to this jumping animal seemed to make sense. b] i was much, much larger than that animal; picking him up would cause him distress.

another late afternoon, walking a trail [environmental studies centre], there were swarms of grasshoppers, and i froze on the dirt road. eventually, someone came along and helped me get past them. so, i've been working on not being so afraid of several of their habits, mainly, the "sticking" sound made by them whenver landing on something, and associating that something to being me.

outside last night with a friend walking the park, i found a small grasshopper on the sidewalk and decided to get closer, hold out my hand, then ever so lightly touch the green insect. all went really well i thought, until the cast-iron flawless orthopteron leap
!
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #72
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
there was the time stopped at a red light-, it was a bright, hot, summer florida afternoon, and a glowing grasshopper rested upon my thigh. thank goodness, i thought, it was not a [grasshopper] relative! even to me, at that moment in traffic, that i would fear such a small insect for all of these years of my life, seemed irrational in light of several things: a] in native culture the understanding is pretty full of important lessons [as are paths taken gaining awareness more deeply, with other guides], and a repeated connection to this jumping animal seemed to make sense. b] i was much, much larger than that animal; picking him up would cause him distress.

another late afternoon, walking a trail [environmental studies centre], there were swarms of grasshoppers, and i froze on the dirt road. eventually, someone came along and helped me get past them. so, i've been working on not being so afraid of several of their habits, mainly, the "sticking" sound made by them whenver landing on something, and associating that something to being me.

outside last night with a friend walking the park, i found a small grasshopper on the sidewalk and decided to get closer, hold out my hand, then ever so lightly touch the green insect. all went really well i thought, until the cast-iron flawless orthopteron leap
!
Hahahaha... this gave me a great laugh Belle. The visual of seeing this happen. I'm glad you shared it.

Sometime I will have to hear the story behind your grasshopper phobia.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Daddy-O For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #73
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

never wear green when riding a harley
i was told its bad luck that many professional flat trackers have been killed or had serious accedents while wearing green compaired to other colors. guess its kind of a common thing with bikers/green
Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #74
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

April Fool’s Day

Playing practical jokes after 12 noon is bad luck.
  • Failing to respond in a jovial manner to practical jokes is bad luck.
  • Being fooled by an attractive girl may be a sign of a good relationship with her.
  • Getting married on April Fool’s day predicts the groom will always be ruled by his bride.
  • Children born on April Fool’s Day will have good luck in all things except gambling.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 AM   #75
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Default Friday 13

Millions are superstitious enough about the day that business analysts have documented Friday the 13th-related reductions in activity. “It’s been estimated that [U.S] $800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day because people will not fly or do business they would normally do.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #76
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

A sneeze is the soul momentarily leaving the body.
Saying *BlessYou* brings it back.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #77
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I remember my mom always said if your left hand is itchy you're going to pay out money and if the right hand is itchy it's a sign of cashing coming to you!

She ALSO said if your nose itched it was a sign you'd be kissing a fool! My nose hasn't itched in ages darn it!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote