Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Remember to frequent local craft and art fairs.

Support your local artists.

Contact your local senior centers, many of them have arts and craft shows.

Local farmers markets have a large variety of goodies for sale.

Indoor flea markets.

Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #42
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I always try to support local crafters...so i give things like home made soaps, beaded jewelry, bird feeders or bird seed/suets, plants, etc.

My daughter a few years ago went and got HUGE coffee mugs and painted Mr Teah and Mrs Chris on them. Very cute!

She also started a tradition of gifting rubber chickens. Omg when I pulled the first one out of my stocking that year, I damn near died with joy! I couldnt put it down!

She also started a fun pen collection for me..fluffy pink flamingo pens, dildo pens, pens with flowers on them, pens that strobed light, etc.

small photo albums are going to be priceless someday. We rely on our computers and phones to store photos and when we have a collapse or lose them because of divorce or whatever, we lose all our recorded memories. To put together a simple small $2 photo album based on some event, or a year, or a friend, would be priceless..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #43
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

If you are on Pinterest, they have tons of cool ideas for gifts under $5. One of my favorite things....

Get a white ceramic coffee mug (from Dollar Tree for $1)
and decorate any way you want with a SHARPIE marker (quotes, monogram, or even a silly private joke). Then bake in the oven @ 350 for 30 minutes.
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #44
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

All the ladies in my office usually get each other a little something. With 13 ladies, that gets a little steep. So thanks for this thread.

Also, I don't know if it's just the TN Goodwill that does this....But the first Saturday of the month everything in the stores is 50% off. This Saturday (12/7) is the last one before Christmas. So I am going to see if I can find some plates, or mugs, or both and make some kind of gift like that.

Just giving y'all a heads up in case your Goodwill does the same thing.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #45
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
All the ladies in my office usually get each other a little something. With 13 ladies, that gets a little steep. So thanks for this thread.

Also, I don't know if it's just the TN Goodwill that does this....But the first Saturday of the month everything in the stores is 50% off. This Saturday (12/7) is the last one before Christmas. So I am going to see if I can find some plates, or mugs, or both and make some kind of gift like that.

Just giving y'all a heads up in case your Goodwill does the same thing.
Wish I could post pictures ...but you sparked a memory of beautiful bird feeders and baths made from coffee/tea mugs and plates or saucers. They used a tile drill to put holes thru middle of mug and 2 plates...then put a small threaded rod thru each, plate on bottom , mug in middle and the other plate on top like an umbrella ...on the threaded rod they used lock nuts to hold each in place....it was pretty cool with the "umbrella" ... some even used a small piece of copper plumbing pipe to cover the threaded rod. ...
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #46
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I love giving soaps and hand creams to my mom and friends. One of my favorite fragrances is from two years ago. It is by L'Occitane en Provence and is called Delices des Fruits. It is their Citron & Clementine fragrance.

It cost $2.50 for each soap at our company's outlet store and I bought several of them and put them in drawers throughout my house.

My mom will be getting this soap for Christmas, since she loves anything with Jasmine in it. It is made by Pre de Provence and it cost less than $5 at the Off 5th, Saks 5th Ave Store near my job.

Last edited by Zimmeh; 12-03-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: I forgot the name of the first soap
Zimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #47
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Fun office or stocking gifts.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #48
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Olive oil candles are easy and inexpensive to make. They are also very safe to burn, because the oil will douse the flame if it comes into contact with it if the candle gets knocked over. I use jars, or vases...even unique looking glasses will work. I like to use the pint canning jars too because they are heavy and they reflect well. You can frost the jar or make it glittery, whatever you desire. I use a wick stand just because it is easier to light and for adjusting the wick, these can be made with a wire coat hanger or bought. I generally just buy mine from Lehmans when they are on sale and are doing a free shipping deal. This way they cost about $2.50 each for the larger ones that fit in the pint canning jars. Once it is decorated and you have the wick set up, just add olive oil and a few drops of essential oil if you want it scented.

Here is a pic of the stands that I use.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”

Last edited by Jesse; 12-03-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Apologies regarding the huge ass pic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #49
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is another type of oil candle that I thought was simple, yet spectacular. I found this one on Pinterest. Slide the wick into the tube and place in your container. Add oil and give it a few minutes for the oil to travel up the wick before lighting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #50
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I spent more than $5 for each present, but I am so excited about this idea!

We get cookies and other treats from friends and neighbors every year, and we enjoy the hell out of them, but I wanted to reciprocate this year.

I ordered eight vases from Crate and Barrel, $2.50 each plus $4.95 for shipping;

I bought eight bags of clear glass beads from the Dollar Tree;

I ordered 50 stems of live bamboo from Amazon, about $60; and

I ordered one dozen tiny glass pickles from Amazon, $12.95.

Pete helped me set seven stalks of bamboo in each vase, held in place with about one bag of clear glass beads.

We will decorate each vase with one tiny glass pickle tied on with a sparkly red pipe cleaner.

We ended up with seven pretty unique gifts for our friends and neighbors for about $115!

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP BUMP

They say it's the thought that counts..lets share here
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #52
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christmas Cheer

I make my gifts, crocheted pot holders, about 2.50 each. (cotton yarn)

French Press cozy, fabric scraps and leftover insulation (high tech) free

handpainted terracotta pots, under 2 bucks, paint myself, already have paint.

beaded key chains, have huge supply of various beads, free

Xmas Angels, buy used Barbie at yard sales, under a dollar usually, clean and make fancy ball gown, fix hair, use costume jewelry from yard sales, almost free, lol, beads, sequins, whatever I have around at the time

TV dinners, homemade Nana meals for busy peeps, always a hit

jar of cookie mixes, receiver just adds eggs and sometimes butter, another big hit for peeps who can not follow recipe or bake, no brainer.

popcorn spice mixes, I make hot, spicy and a sweet mix to put on hot buttered popcorn, great for singles or peeps with kids.

Dog kookies, cat treats, find recipes online. great for pet owners.

Need more ideas? gimme a holler!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post: