Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #341
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Well I don't disagree with this..older>>wiser..but didn't you say it takes you (up to)2 minutes ? It just depends, I think(for me) I can't argue with your experience Gemme!

I still stand by the fact that I know who and what attract me very quickly. It has been nearly instantaneous in a lot of cases throughout my life.

What I'm saying is that what flips that particular switch for me has changed over the years and that there are cases in which that attraction switch flipped the other way the second someone opened their mouth and revealed various ignorance/prejudice/dumbfoundery.

I've always required some sort of tangible intelligence in my partners but as time has gone on, my tolerance for those who don't meet that level has diminished greatly as well as my ability to justify someone being 'almost there' because they were hot and nice to look at.

Looks fade. Pretty fades. Handsome fades. Hot fades.

If there's nothing underneath all of that hotness, there's nothing left.

I demand more than nothing. I deserve more than nothing because I am something and I require someone else's something to match and/or complement my own something.

Does that help clear things up?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #342
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I still stand by the fact that I know who and what attract me very quickly. It has been nearly instantaneous in a lot of cases throughout my life.

What I'm saying is that what flips that particular switch for me has changed over the years and that there are cases in which that attraction switch flipped the other way the second someone opened their mouth and revealed various ignorance/prejudice/dumbfoundery.

I've always required some sort of tangible intelligence in my partners but as time has gone on, my tolerance for those who don't meet that level has diminished greatly as well as my ability to justify someone being 'almost there' because they were hot and nice to look at.

Looks fade. Pretty fades. Handsome fades. Hot fades.

If there's nothing underneath all of that hotness, there's nothing left.

I demand more than nothing. I deserve more than nothing because I am something and I require someone else's something to match and/or complement my own something.

Does that help clear things up?
This is exactly how I think/feel, too!

Being humans, we do have emotions on every level, and initially, we usually do feel great at first meeting. Then down the road, when life is in reality terms, we sometimes find that that person really has nothing under that shiny exterior to hold our interest. Thus it becomes boring...and is difficult at best to maintain a relationship.

I want someone who can converse, who has interests that only grow deeper, feelings that intensify over zest for life, make new discoveries, and find we would actually have some deep down quality attractions that aren't fleeting once those hormones quell.

I totally agree with Gemme on deserving more, having more, and not settling for less.

I won't settle for less than I deserve either!!! I will not give anything less than she deserves either!

I am in with the group of I know immediately within 3 or 4 minutes if I have some deeper connection other than the physical. I look deeper...for to me, it is her mind, her heart, & her soul I fall in love with.....how she carries herself within the world...is she kind to those less fortunate, is she loving of animals & elderly, does she emit that gentle, loving energy outward upon the world. Is she steadfast & grounded....yet having an inner child that she can & does freely let out...anyway......clay...shut up....
Old 09-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #343
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not really a physical link person. I'm a sapiophile, really and truly.
My attraction is based on humour, banter, and someone "getting" me. That's what flips my chenistry switch. Unfortunately, that can take a few meets with people. So I can't be instantly attracted. I can think someone is hot, physically, but that's about it. And that's not exactly something that sticks around for me. As soon as someone starts talking, they either get more and more attractive over time because I am starting to get revved up.by their intelligence and type of humour, their ability to relax around me, to be informal and cheeky, and see me as a person first, rather than my gender first. Then they *get* supah hot. If they act really formal and polite, talk about nothing I can relate to, view me a femme borg and thus *must* be treated X (don't swear around them, be on best behaviour, potential romantic endeavour only, etc), is more cautious than witty, I'm not going to get turned on. No matter how they look. But it can take up to 3-4 meet ups to figure that out, for me.

But I'm a "p" type that reserves judgement for insane amounts of time.
Many people that I meet that I can't stand initially because I find them abrasive, high maintenance, and self serving, and if I *have* to get to know them (colleague, patient, social situation where I am locked into something for a few days) I find that with some one-on-one time, I discover I actually really enjoy some great qualities about them and I actually like their company.

People I used to have immediate hot chemistry with have pretty much always turned out to be active addicts or heavy drinkers a month down the road. So I am *extremely* wary of that heavy, instant sizzle for some "mysterious" "soul connection" reason. That reason is 99% of the time the co-dependant-addict attraction chenistry.

So I just no longer trust it or go there. In fact, I find that chemistry kind of scary now.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #344
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I believe a pan of brownies can do wonders
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #345
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Personally, I believe a pan of brownies can do wonders
here! here! I concur!
Old 09-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #346
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

I really don't trust grand gestures on first dates, or the first few dates...I've learned the more grandiose the gesture, the more empty it is...my idea of a perfect date is someone who is casual, yet respectful, not entitled or assuming, but hopeful...someone who can enjoy getting to know each other through an uneventful activity. I love when they want to know me, not just me sexually. I love when they don't mention exes or want to know about my past as if I'm under investigation. I love for things to build, gradually.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #347
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Treat me like you would any regular non-romantic person you are getting to know. Be yourself. If that means you don't swear, are very polite, are extra careful with your language - showing a depth of feelings and sympathy and seriousness to show what a sensative person you are... I'm going to be strung as tight as a trip wire trying to not offend you and go home with relief and not want another date.

If you are casual, swear, tell irreverent jokes/quips/banter, tease me to watch my face light up and laugh, use sarcasm, don't take life so very very seriously, keep it lighter, I will want another date.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #348
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow make me feel like this-

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2016, 05:14 AM   #349
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow.

That's a lot of pressure to put on another human being.

I'd be happy with clear and present respect and some good conversation.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #350
cassiopeia67

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything feminine
Relationship Status:
Single

cassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputation

I just asked to be treated with the same kindness, respect and warmth that I will extend to you.
cassiopeia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cassiopeia67 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #351
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

like a fine piece of Irish Waterford crystal
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #352
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

For me, it aren't any rules set in stone. I do, however, know within 10 minutes or so.

I have met hot Butches and have been initially attracted, chemistry and all, yet that chemistry fades after I realize the lights are on but nobody is home.

The opposite has also happened. If the chemistry is off the charts, sometimes intelligence takes a back seat. Those relationships don't succeed, and I know that now, but damn.

My perfect scenario, an intelligent, stone butch that I share crazy chemistry with. It has to be there for me. While I love good conversation, I can't do it without chemistry. It's just who I am.

My son tells me that I am wayyy to picky, I'm not. I just know what I want and need in order to put the work in.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #353
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Polite behavior, opening the door for me, etc...those things will make me weak in the knees if we have chemistry.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #354
Arden

How Do You Identify?:
Female, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
"and if you help me to start again, you know that I'll be there for you in the end. "

Arden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST Reputation

Its been a while, heck a long while since I did any "dating".....I've been thinking more about it recently and hmmm - I want to feel, while on the date, that I matter enough to you or at least am interesting enough for you to not answer your cell phone or text your buds unless its an emergency. I'm a Mom and completely understand sometimes you gotta answer.

Talk to me, ask me questions, show me you want to know who I am rather than see how long it will take you to get me into bed. Be sweet, respectful and kind but real cause I'm gonna be able to tell if you are faking it. Show me you're a thinker in how you respond to my questions or the topics you bring up. I also don't object to a show of chivalry but I won't expect it either so don't be offended if I am not waiting on you to open my door (I'm used to do things for myself so if I drop back and allow you do it, if I sense you want to, for me consider that a show of respect from me.)

Have a plan for the night...and the ability to flex it if things go awry. (It also helps if you give me some idea of the type of wardrobe needed, so I can dress for the occasion though I too can make it work)

And if its the first time we're going out: Find a way to be at least a little comfortable around me, I understand feeling nervous cause heck I likely will be and you can help put me at ease if you smile, laugh and breathe. I'll try to do the same...

cause maybe then we'll make it a second date
Old 04-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #355
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Interested in your opinion
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

I always keep first dates simple, low cost, low key, noncommittal. I do this for both of our sake. First, let me rephrase that this "date" is rarely classified as such... usually it's just me asking them if they want to grab a coffee or drink with no title. I think it works for a long of reasons.... first, everyone is on neutral, public ground and feels safe. The date can't be easily extended if it's going well, but kept short if it's a no go. In a world that places expectations of sex as a reward for chivalry, it brings it down to a level of "just two people having coffee." Many women are uncomfortable with not being able to pay th or own way (see above) and it lets me gage how she feels... if she doesn't want me buying her coffee... she probably doesn't want me paying for meals and tickets to shows either. i respect her boundaries on this.

Im not big on traditional chivalry... I do think it sets up an unhealthy power dynamic. Maybe better to roll out once we have a connection and both feel on equal footing.

Other than that, I am more of practical, rough and tumble person. I've learn d to play that up rather than down... this means I end up with rough and tumble girls . I do a lot of picnic packing, drives into the mountain, lakes, beach. Bonfires. I love a good restaurant every now and then, but I prefer having adventures with her, making memories. These thing are rarely free, but often not expensive.

Where I throw that all in the fire is gifts though lol. I'm a sucker for seeing something she may want and wanting to surprise her with it. I try not to let it go to far and I keep it small at first. I don't want her to feel like she is being bought. But as the relationship gets long term, then I like to buy nice things just because.
ClintB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #356
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Depends on the date!

In general I like a little old school chivalry with opening my car door and doors at restaurants and such but if we are going out to hike around in the woods or something, I don't expect as much formality.
And "expect" is too strong a word because I don't get bent out of shape if someone doesn't open my door or whatever. It's just a nicety.

I also don't need my Butch to always pay or treat me. I enjoy treating just as much!

I do also love the little physical things on dates that make my knees buckle: the hand on the small of my back that guides me through spaces, the firm grip on my hand when we are in a crowd so that we don't get separated, the little buzzy feeling of having my hair smoothed away from my neck so he can go in for a little nibble. Those things don't necessarily need to happen on a date (I like it all the time!) but WHOOSH when they do!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #357
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Interested in your opinion
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

Ooooops, got carried away and posted in the femme zone... sorry!
ClintB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #358
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I like to be treated as if I were important and worthy of my partner's time and consideration. I like old school manners and someone who is capable of engaging with me on many levels.

This is a previous post and it still stands true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Word.

I don't care how good you smell or how sexy you are. If you can't hold a conversation with me, sometimes even using big words and abstract concepts, then any initial attraction goes down the drain real fast. I like handsome faces and bodies, but if your brain isn't working on all cylinders, that's a big no from me.

Obviously, as I've grown older and wiser, different things tick off different boxes for me. Now, it's less about the butch, FTM or TG version of the Mustang with a Hemi motor and more about the fun but reliable SUV version of a butch, TG or FTM guy.

Sometimes a girl likes to take her time getting to where she's going and likes to know that she'll get there in one piece and without a stopover in jail.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2017, 04:03 AM   #359
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Electrocell you and i chatted about this before, and i have thought about it since then..

IMO regarding flowers or any other nicety, it depends on the conversations and situation leading up to the "meeting".

Showing up to pick someone up at home for a date, with some flowers.. to be escorted on a date can be a good thing.

If iv'e been chatting to you online and you show up with a bouquet of flowers at a concert for example, at out first meeting i may feel uncomfy about that. Especially if i don't like attention drawn to myself, that would be overdoing it for me. Trying too hard. Just meet me for some conversation and coffee in clean clothes, sober, with your respect in tact and that would go way further than flowers.

i do agree first dates are about getting to know each other. i've never been impressed with flowers per se, now a nice fishing rod, that would impress me. At least it required a thought process about me.

However, i do like a simple daisy.

Update!

It depends on who the date is with. If we are romantically involved, please do go all out. At this stage in my life i would like to know i am important and that you are present with me. i've never liked the attention that spoiling me comes with, but i am over it. Spoil me.

If we are on a first date you obviously have my interest. Talk about something engaging, lose the cellphone, notice me and expect me to notice you. On a first date i am about gathering information, and to see if there will be a second. Maybe they won't want a second, and thats fine too.

Be a good tipper if you are paying and walk me to my car.

Don't forget to make sure i got home okay.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #360
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Respectfully and like a Lady.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post: