Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #41
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

People at work think Im crazy. But, I have a certain type of pen's I use to do the paperwork I make my commissions off of. I start "barking" really loud if one goes missing and I cant find it. And dont work til I get that one "type" again. And then work can continue.

Im a routine person during the day. I dont like to have anything out of order. It makes for chaos in my life.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #42
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

My new car doesn't like it when I swear at other drivers.. My headlights dim/ voltmeter drops if I do.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #43
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Should a blackbird nest anywhere in your house then you can look forward to a year of good fortune.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #44
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gloves

It is unlucky to drop your glove and pick it up yourself; if someone else does it, good fortune will follow for both of you.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #45
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

salt over the shoulder
if a black cat crosses in front of ur car u have to make an X on the windshield to ward off the bad luck
step on a crack break your mothers back
if u are walking with someone and u all split a pole of any kind you say bread and butter
hit a bird with ur car means a death in your family
find a penny pick it up,all day long have good luck
aforementioned penny MUST be on heads,otherwise its bad luck

think thats all for now before the fact that im a nutjob starts to come out!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #46
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Never ever ever turn off the tv during a NASCAR race!!! It is bad luck and makes my ass sore!!!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #47
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Posted on my wall...
It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious.
I personally cross the black cat's path and say "Take that you lousy bad luck".

If I am driving I just say,...ooh look a pretty kitty... bring it on bad luck... bring it on.

Apparently my fiesty Aries self is typing...

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thunder following a funeral means that the dead person's soul has reached heaven.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #49
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I believe that spirit's do exits and if your open to hear them or have equipment to catch a few evp's its just awesome! because even though someone has passed away I think there are a few that stay around to watch after thier loved ones.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #50
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up in an Italian household the "evil eye" brings back many memories, haha ..Thanks!
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #51
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

If a bee enters your home, it's a sign that you will soon have a visitor, If you kill the bee, you will have bad luck, or the visitor will be unpleasant
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #52
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

To cure a sty, stand at a crossroads and recite

Sty, sty, leave my eye
Take the next one coming by.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #53
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

It's bad luck to kill a cricket in the house.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #54
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post

find a penny pick it up,all day long have good luck
aforementioned penny MUST be on heads,otherwise its bad luck

I always thought it was, "Find a penny, pick it up; all night long you'll want to fuck."

I think I like my superstition better.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #55
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Trouble comes in threes

Trouble comes in threes

I can't stand that I believe this. Whenever something bad happens I start looking for the next two bad things to happen. Once those two are identified I can carry on peacefully.

Help.

Does anyone know another superstition or spell I can use to counter this one?

Seriously. I am trapped.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #56
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I have quirks....but didn't realize until reading this thread that I have no superstitions at all.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #57
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Ok I thought This was funny....
Don’t do laundry on Saturday because as the rhyme states,
Wash on Friday, wash in need
Wash on Saturday, a slut indeed
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #58
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Brought up with "OJO"...or The evil eye here too...Basically, Someone looks at you too long should come touch you or else you have caught...THE EVIL EYE!!!!! Only cure is to get a rub down with an egg and a prayer. They then crack the egg open into a glass of water...DONT LOOK INTO THE TOP of the glass or you will catch it. When you look at the egg yolk (from the side) it should resemble an eye if you had it. When I am not feeling well my Mom still wants to whip out the egg! LOL
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #59
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
Oh I was raised with several and even though I know it's nuts - I do or don't do the following...

-Never walk under a ladder
-Never open an umbrella in the house
-always am careful with mirrors (7 years bad luck if it breaks)
-don't put hats on the bed
-don't hand someone sicssors by the blade
-if I (or anyone) spills salt, I have to throw it over my shoulder
-Never laugh when I see a funeral procession, hearse or funeral happening
"Never laugh as a hearse goes by or you will be the next to die"
-if your palms itch you will come into money soon
-never kill ladybugs - it's bad luck
-never kill daddy long legs either - and if they crawl on you it means you are getting a sweater.....

LOL My grandmother raised me on all this and she takes it SO seriously. I don't take it as seriously, but am to scared to NOT take action. ha ha ha. So the spilled salt always goes over the shoulder - just in case there is truth to it. There are a couple I never agreed with her on though.
One is that she believed that cat's killed babies by sucking the breath out of them. So a newborn couldn't be left anywhere there were cats.
And the other is that if you don't keep a babies face covered all the time they will "catch the colic." lmao. My oldest daughter was born in AUGUST. omg and my grandmother was constantly putting a blanket over her face, freaking out that the wind was going to go into her mouth and give her "the colic."
You must be talking about my grandma. lol She said the exact same stuff. My mom added to not split a pole between you and the person walking beside you. I stepped on a crack and it didn't break my moms back.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Default Earrings

Earrings: Some people wear earrings for reasons other than mere physical adornment. It is a widespread superstition that piercing the earlobes will improve eyesight, though there is no medical proof. And sailors maintain, for reasons lost in antiquity that wearing a gold earring will protect them from death by drowning.