Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #41
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

A Saturday night hello to you all. I am wondering how everyone is doing, so I am bumping this up.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #42
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Keri,how are u?All I can say about being diffrently abled ...well its a pain in the a$$ at times,I use to worry about things and how it was going to be in haveing diffrent ablities now that also kept me from doing the things I wanted to do.The docs agree that I do have a fue problems but are draging there feet about what to do,soooo what am I to do?The anser I came up with was just to do all I wanted to do,reguardless of the health issues I have,im not doing anything stupid and crazy but im liveing life to the fullist I can.If something goes out of wack I just hop to the E.R then deal with it as needed.Not long agao my asthma kept kicking in cause of the weather but it didnt stop me from doing what I needed to do as the meds I take keep in in check,my back goes nuts at times...meds again..keep on trucking.I take pain pills and relaxers to keep going as neded so all is going way better that I thought they would.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #43
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Rockin,
It is always good to hear from you. Your posts are so positive. I mean when you look at life, what else CAN you do but do your best to have a full life?

As you know I use a scooter for mobility. I constantly receive "compliments" from people about how well I am doing "getting around." I usually smile and say thanks (Why not - they're only trying to be nice), but sometimes I say back - "Hey you are doing a pretty good job of getting around yourself. I like the way you're walking there." They look at me funny, and then they laugh. Then there are the folks who tell me they find me amazing, or wonderful or some other positive adjective because I am working or driving or doing some other normal activity. What do they expect us to do with our lives? Stay in bed and cry all day?

Well maybe one of our roles in life is to be the educators as to what can be accomplished by us "handicapped" people, LOL.

Keep rockin, Rockin!
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #44
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Ms DamselFly,
I have been disabled since 1988 with a hip injury from being a Meat cutter.I was also born with a foot smaller and turned in.It took me two yrs to learn to walk after this injury and they couldn't do anything for my hip because I was too young to have a hip replacement and it wouldn't last. They wanted me to wait till I was 60,well thats coming up fast and i mainly walk with a cane now do to the pain i have. The Dr's wanted me to take Vicodin for the pain and i refused .I found that my Mortin 800mg worked on the pain along with my muscle relaxer(PRN).My pelvis also sits on my sciatica nerve which also gives me pain. I can't walk like i use to,or dance,go bowling and do the things I like to do.My partner is also disabled.We both still work and still able to get around,thank the Spirits.
We do things we can and understand our constraint of things we can't.The Motrin has knocked out my kidneys and they want me to take Tylenol which doesn't do much for my pain and my Aunt died from Tylenol poisoning.Unfortunately Lidocaine Im hypersensitive to, and hurts me 5X more than it does most people, so veer away as much as possible when i hear it. I use to take Caffergot for my Migraines when i was younger, which allowed me to still work without being in the dark and taking Darvocet. I haven't had one since my Hysterectomy in 1996.I have asked my Endocrinologist if she would recommend something for my pain but she won't ,so I will have to find a pain doctor. I normally only take my meds after i get home from work,because I don't want to impair my judgment with my patients,so I take my motrin with my bad kidneys.
TIMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselFly View Post

A/anyone ever taken lidocaine shots for migraines? i am going to start them thursday (from the same neurologist making me prove i have MS).
DamselFly

TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Keri
I get where you are comeing from about being mobile,I know theres a scooter some where with my name on it but I hope it dosent show up anytime soon.Mont people have no idea I keep a walking cane in my car at all times just incase I need it.at home I also have one right along with four pairs of crutches and all kinds of back/knee braces mostly never worn except the oldest ones I used when I had the accident and needed them more than now.
For me what helps is plenty or as much as I can stand leg strengthining exersises wich I do three times a week or more if I can,I also do lots of core work as long as it dosent agravate something or other in my back right along with tons of upper body work.I use a stair stepper at 100 or more steps every day I use it,I also use free weights top do lots of upper body stuff and the bowflex helps a lot to.I am hopeing the doc will just give my a shot to deaden or quieten my sciatic nerve but so far nada for what ever reason I haveno idea.Yeaterday my son placed a chin bar between to beems in the garage and some pading on the wall so I dont lean on the wood wall,the idea is the core strength leg lifts the gymnist use against a wall and I can already do a reasonable leg lift and not bave any pressure on my back.It all comes down to pure down mule stubborness I got tons of that..being a bone head has some benefits.I also rest when I need it often before my body says rest helps bunches.
Rockin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #46
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi Everyone. I hope everyone is doing ok these days.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #47
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Timberwolf,

I'm kinda surprised to hear your Dr tell you that about hip replacements. My baby brother (who is now 45) had both hips totally replaced by the time he was 33. His condition came about because some ignorant Dr kept him on prednisone for 3 years, it ate all the cartilage up between his hip and shoulder joints. He was in such agony trying to walk that his surgeon opted to give him hip replacements. As with any newfangled implants they don't last forever and have to be replaced at some point, the hope is technology will advance by that time to where there is a more suitable replacement that will indeed last longer or be permanent. I think his Dr told him if he didn't abuse his hips that his could last for 15 years or a little longer.

I've had 2 cervical fusions and one lumbar fusion and I know my neurosurgeon told me that they last on the average of 10 years if no more abuse is heaped upon the vertebrae. My first cervical fusion was in 1998, the 2nd one right above it in 2004, which my neurosurgeon inspected the one he did in 1998 and said it still looked brand new, woohoo, cuz I'm passed that 10 year thing by 3 years on the first one, lol. But I know in the future I'll have to have it done again. Would I do it all over as I have, darn right, the improvement in the quality of life area vastly improved, as with my brother.
I guess it's a trade-off knowing if your quality of life would improve greatly vs having to have a repeat surgery. Sounds to me like he only wants ya to have it once and hopes you bite the bullet before that 15 year lapse. It's a shame they've made you wait all this time and endure the level of pain you seem to have.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #48
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Hello...new to butchfemmeplanet and gaining a laundry list of issues myself.
Currently, fighting cancer for the 3rd time.

Debby

Last edited by deb_U_taunt; 05-15-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: to increase font size
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #49
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Rockin,
On the subject of scooters. Using a scooter has been 99% positive for me. I've experienced a huge increase in energy, and I can do a million things that I could not do before. When I was walking on crutches I used to use up the last iota of my energy doing everyday tasks. I could continue to keep going as long as I kept going (an object in motion tends to stay in motion, LOL) I could work all day, come home, cook dinner, wash clothes, do some sewing, wash dishes, etc. and fall in to bed exhausted. BUT if I came home from work and made the mistake of sitting down on the couch to talk to my sweetie for a while, then I was done. Either he was cooking or we were ordering in pizza. I used to keep work piled up bedside the couch because TV was too boring to sit there and just watch. I would do bills, crochet, turn up pants or skirts, whatever. I wish I had started using the scooter at least part time much earlier than I did. We each have to make our own decisions though.

You certainly are doing lots to keep yourself going. I salute you.

Smooches,
Keri
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #50
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Hello...new to butchfemmeplanet and gaining a laundry list of issues myself.
Currently, fighting cancer for the 3rd time.

Debby
Welcome to the thread Debby. I hate to hear that and wish you the best in your fight.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #51
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Keri

Yeah I got the same problem about getting stiff and hard to move when get up after being on the go a lot.At work I only sit for a fue minits at the time so this wont happen or I take my breaks in strange ways,like proping on the counter top ot putting my left foot on a box about 6 inches off the floor cause it relaxes my leg.When I get home I pop tramadole 50mg, take a hot shower then laydown for an hour..u bet that helps a lot.Usely when I sit for very long I get up stiff and walk gimpy for several steps then sorta loosen up.Also I have a lifetime supply of ice packs and know how to use them and where they go.I am thinking of flying to Little Rock to save stress on the old back..will be easyer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #52
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Default re:rest

i've found that rest alternated w/activity works best for me. if i stay prone too long, i start hurting more. luckily, life on the farm doesn't let me stay prone for too long!
i just went to get my driver's license and didn't pass the vision test-no surprise. so i must take a form to my eye dr. to be filled out. he will probably say that i can't drive. not that i ever intent to do so, but a driver's license seems to carry more "oomph" than an ID card. we'll "see" what he says, lol.
thanks for everyone's contributions to this thread!
namaste,
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #53
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

My boss made me cry today. He told me to have no worries about losing my job while I am going through chemo and radiation, etc. I am feeling very blessed.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #54
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, they said it wouldn't last back in 1992 so thats why they said to wait. I only wish i could have had it done when i had the time off to have it done instead of now when i have already used my wk vacation for this yr when i had to go home to take care of my dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
Hey Timberwolf,

I'm kinda surprised to hear your Dr tell you that about hip replacements. My baby brother (who is now 45) had both hips totally replaced by the time he was 33. His condition came about because some ignorant Dr kept him on prednisone for 3 years, it ate all the cartilage up between his hip and shoulder joints. He was in such agony trying to walk that his surgeon opted to give him hip replacements. As with any newfangled implants they don't last forever and have to be replaced at some point, the hope is technology will advance by that time to where there is a more suitable replacement that will indeed last longer or be permanent. I think his Dr told him if he didn't abuse his hips that his could last for 15 years or a little longer.

I've had 2 cervical fusions and one lumbar fusion and I know my neurosurgeon told me that they last on the average of 10 years if no more abuse is heaped upon the vertebrae. My first cervical fusion was in 1998, the 2nd one right above it in 2004, which my neurosurgeon inspected the one he did in 1998 and said it still looked brand new, woohoo, cuz I'm passed that 10 year thing by 3 years on the first one, lol. But I know in the future I'll have to have it done again. Would I do it all over as I have, darn right, the improvement in the quality of life area vastly improved, as with my brother.
I guess it's a trade-off knowing if your quality of life would improve greatly vs having to have a repeat surgery. Sounds to me like he only wants ya to have it once and hopes you bite the bullet before that 15 year lapse. It's a shame they've made you wait all this time and endure the level of pain you seem to have.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #55
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy in BIG trouble and not sure what to do!

what a dismal week, medically! first, my glaucoma specialist tells me that i am now legally blind. then (this is the "in trouble" part") my gp. refuses to renew my fentanyl patches (100 mgs, every 48 hrs) from my prescription in WV. she DID refer me to a pain specialist but tells me that getting an appt will take a long time. when i asked what to do in the meantime, she says, "well, that is not my problem." ai, what a compassionate dr.! more info on the fibromyalgia/chronic pain thread. from all the info i've found on the web, coming off this cold-turkey is a very, very BAD idea...
*not looking forward to the coming days...*
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #56
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Damsel.
Could you call your old doctor, tell them you are traveling out of state, and get the prescription renewed that way?
Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #57
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

I feel blessed with wonderful and loving people in my life.
Didn't know how many people cared, until I was down.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #58
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

How is everyone doing this week? The heat here is incredible. Of course it's always hot here in the summer, but it is a little early this year. I moved fo Florida for the heat, and I have certainly not been denied it, LOL.

Hope y'all are doing well, Pop in and say a word or two.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #59
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Hello All,
I'll pop in and say a word or two..Though I'm well known for using a whole lot more then one or two!

I have gastroparesis. I miss a lot of work due to pain, nausea and vomiting. As I've mentioned recently in other posts, I recently had a pyloroplasty to hopefully relieve some of my symptoms(but added another nasty one that I won't burden all of you with knowing). The medications I take for pain and nausea are debilitating and make it impossible for me to report to work fit for duty when I am on them. The only medication that would likely help the most is the green stuff. My employer would not support this as a treatment option, and probably couldn't legally if they wanted to.

At work, there is a lot of water cooler talk about my attendance, and because I do not have a visible disability, it is mostly assumed that I am a dead beat employee. As a workaholic/over achiever, this is distressing to me.

I really miss being up and able enough to do the things I really enjoy in life, and I really miss being the star employee!

That's all I have for now. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #60
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Considering smoking for chemo side effects. I haven't smoked pot in years. The meds for the side effects have some shit side effects.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post: