Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default broken hearts

Just forget it. I'm not ready.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

It's been 10 years since the last one, is there another current one?

Best I can say is it takes time. Keep busy. Find things that interest you. Focus on you. Make yourself a better person. If you are spiritual as I am, pray and let go. Walk away. If something is meant to be it will happen again is how I see it. Take care of you above all.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Beloved,
Just so you know that I care and you are not alone, even though you may feel that way right now. We can talk any time. Take care of yourself for you are important to many people.
Julien

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

What did you do the other 2 or 3 times you say you felt heart broken?
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I posted too soon. I can't handle this right now. Thanks.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ok. understandable. we have all been there at some time or another. when you are ready, take your time, and come back. there is many here to help you along that path and offer advice and support. best wishes.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Broken heart now

10 years is a LONG time to be "in love" & married to someone......it hurts like a MF'r to walk away or be walked away from I'm sure.....time they say will heal all....I for one hope so....
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Beloved,

Everyone heals in their own time. Some can pick up the pieces and go on right away, others take much longer. It doesn't even matter how long you were coupled because the heart tells you when you're ready. It took me 3 years to clean the cobwebs out of my head and make sure I could have a healthy open heart when I let myself move on.

When you're ready, we're here for you, we can listen, we can help comfort you. Anything past that has to come from you. Each day take a baby step and when you feel up to it, take a few. You, hold the answers to your healing time. Sometimes for every 3 steps forward, there will be a day you may take 2 steps back. Don't give up. when you can finally tell yourself you're not in love anymore, for whatever reason(s), a new you will start to emerge. Don't be afraid to fall, you can keep getting up. Eventually the falling will stop. It is then that you will know you're getting stronger.

Just my 2 cents worth... ((((((Beloved))))))

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow :(

Maybe you could find someone (therapist, mentor, bestie) to talk to and just get it all out.

It's never a good idea to post your stuff out there for all to see when in an emotional state.

Hope it gets better
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Broken Heart

A therapist does help. I am a firm believer when a relationship doesnt work out its both people. (in most cases not all) I have taken 4 years and have looked at my part. I have met a wonderful woman and am now ready to move on. My heart is ready again.
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Breaking up hurts no matter what the reason or who initiates the break up. Grieving is normal. I work for a divorce attorney and tell clients all the time that I don't worry about them if they are grieving the loss of their marriage/relationship. They will work through it at their own pace and if they need counseling there is nothing wrong with that. It's the people who aren't grieving that I worry about.

A number of years ago I was working for the sweetest man. We were (and still are) very close. When I discovered my g/f at that time was cheating on me online and IRL; that from she was just using me for a place to stay and someone to support her, I was devastated to the point of barely being able to function.

During one tearful conversation he gave me the most wonderful piece of advice. Unfortunately he repeated this advice to me last night. I'll share it while it's still fresh in my mind:

"Don't feel like you have to be in a relationship and don't be in a hurry to get into another. You are a good person who is worthy to be loved and cherished by someone wonderful. Your value as a person is neither defined by nor dependent upon being in a relationship. Take a year off. At the end of the year reassess things. If you feel like you're ready to seriously date someone then go for it. If not, then don't. You'll be a stronger, more confident person who understands what she is looking for and the chances of you settling for someone out of loneliness or even desperation will be greatly reduced. It sounds tough but you will be able to do this and you will survive."

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #12
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

That's great advice Scarlett

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Time heals.

It is the only answer that I know.

Sometimes, it is two steps forward and one step back.

I wish there were magic answers but there are not.

It is a grieving process.

Mourning what was and what might have been.

You will move forward but at your own pace.

{{{hugs}}}

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
That's great advice Scarlett
Yes it is, thank you Leigh.

Oddly enough my friend found himself following his own advice shortly after that first conversation. His boyfriend of many years suddenly left him for another man. Just over a year later my friend met someone and they've been together ever since.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
chakra

How Do You Identify?:
female

chakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputationchakra Has the BEST Reputation

I have been single for three years. I had my heart shattered. I never swore off another relationship, I just didn't care to look. I have taken this time to:

enter into therapy - what an 'adventure'
move my adult children out of the house
live by myself
and most importantly:

LIVE FOR MYSELF

I don't have answers for anyone. I barely have answers for myself. However, I have learnt, I need to know me, before I can truly know another.

This is the longest I have been single since I was 13. I am well over that age now.

Hearts break. I don't. My heart is a part of me, NOT all of me.
chakra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chakra For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
chris1life

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, syr, he

chris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputation

I know this thread has been long silent and well I need to vent. I suppose being anonymous to a certain extent makes this easier. My wife doesn't get on line for anything other than work so maybe I can open about my broken heart. First off I know that I am no where near perfect. I'm Moody,stubborn And can be insensitive. What I'm not is a cheater, or cold hearted. On the outside I can be tough And can hide emotions. Today though its hard to hide. My wife identifies as bisexual and I have tried to be understanding but I can't share her. I understand She has needs but when we moved in together we talked And I was honest I cant and wont share. Does that make me wrong. I don't want anyone else is it ok that she does? Is it ok That she talks to men even though I thought our life together was just that our life. Am I being selfish that I asked her to leave? 11 years I've spent With her and Have been Happy. I guess she wasn't. Every time I catch her talking romantically to someone else it breaks my heart. I've loved that woman so deeply that I thought we would make it against all odds. I know I'll live through this broken heart but how do u pick up the pieces. How do u dust yourself off after believing you had met your soul mate and finding out u just aren't enough to keep her Happy.? I'm not saying its wrong if someone else can have an open relationship Its wrong. I just can't do it. I feel like I have a huge empty hole in my chest. She is the only woman I've had in my life sense I was pretty much a kid. We have a lot of history. Maybe this isn't the proper thread for this but had to Get it off my chest. My kids believe she is working out of town my family isn't aware of this yet. I've asked her to leave. Big changes coming my way I suppose. Sorry if this the wrong place for this. A lot going on in my head and heart.
chris1life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chris1life For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
chris1life

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, syr, he

chris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputationchris1life Has the BEST Reputation

Well her stuff is gone the kids are spending time with her today. I'm still completely in love with her and it all happened so fast. One day I'm comfortable in love and happy. Next thing I know 11 Yes are down the drain. Years of raising kids together, dealing with issues of life, And then its over. I think I'm still in shock. The heart ache is just starting. I wonder if I didn't do something right or didn't pay enough attention. Who knows. She wants to lead a "straight" lifestyle. Maybe its the large age gap she is 13 years older. Oh well I will learn to sleep alone again. Ha though the thought of dating again is terrifying. If I could get this ache to go away that's lodged deep in my chest I'd feel a lot better. I'll pick up the pieces and go on with my life eventually...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris1life For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

{{{Chris}}} I am so sorry you are hurting. Broken hearts are the worst, but from what I've read your heart is leading you in a different direction. Listen to it and trust that in time you will be right where you belong. Have faith and be good to yourself right now. Lots of love and strength to you, xoxo Novela
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #19
chris1life

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, syr, he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
{{{Chris}}} I am so sorry you are hurting. Broken hearts are the worst, but from what I've read your heart is leading you in a different direction. Listen to it and trust that in time you will be right where you belong. Have faith and be good to yourself right now. Lots of love and strength to you, xoxo Novela
THANK YOU! You are very right. I'm going to work on myself. In a way the thought of learning who I am without her is very exciting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris1life For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #20
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

{{{Chris}}} I agree with the above replies that broken hearts are one of the worst things to endure. I feel what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Lord knows I've had my fair share of them.
One thing I have come to appreciate after a break up is to be thankful for the length of time you had that you were happy with someone and to be thankful for all the things you learned about yourself while in the relationship.
We all have the ability to come away from every situation with knowledge and empowerment to be a better person and in time, to be happy again. It may seem impossible, but stay positive and be good to yourself! You have lots of support here.