Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #21
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

in life in general ... music & nature move me

in people ... honesty, kindness, strength, & sincerity move me
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #22
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

The limbless man in this film is Nick Vujicic who does a stunning inspirational talk that he travels the world with. I show my students this of his. It moves me every time -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
This short film:

The Butterfly Circus
It might be the best spent 20 minutes of your day.
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #23
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

have not been but would like to be moved...

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #24
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:

tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
The limbless man in this film is Nick Vujicic who does a stunning inspirational talk that he travels the world with. I show my students this of his. It moves me every time -

***thank you i needed this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #25
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

i saw this not too long ago and it moved me to tears. thank you for sharing it here, it was just as beautiful this time.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #26
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I have a niece who was born with one arm, and who I think the world of. She is a hero to me and many others and watching her ride is one of the things that moves me more than I can say.

Thank you for this thread, Nat, and thank you Tazz and Vintage Femme for your comments. I hope you're having a good night. :-)
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #27
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I have a niece who was born with one arm, and who I think the world of. She is a hero to me and many others and watching her ride is one of the things that moves me more than I can say.

Thank you for this thread, Nat, and thank you Tazz and Vintage Femme for your comments. I hope you're having a good night. :-)
***i'm trying... feeling my loneliness... so i'm coping... thanx

wishing you peaceful slumbers when you get there...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #28
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

The cries of a new born baby-safely in the arms of its mother.

People-family/friends/strangers who have your back..they care enough to defend you..there when you need them the most..count me as one of those people.

Driving on a lonely country road...seeing nature,the trees,the animals,the mountains and the open sky..happy being alive,brings me to tears.

Looking up at the night skies,our galaxy..just beautiful.

Death-Watching family cry over the passing of a loved one moves me to tears.

Sad movies...and sad songs...Adele "Hello"

When me and the wife argue

Money...lots of it!

Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #29
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

yep - still moves me. Loved that movie. Little River Phoenix - wish he'd lived longer.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #30
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I only recently discovered Leontyne Price while looking for a song for the soundtrack on "A Room with a View." From that (also gorgeous) song, I clicked on this one:

And it also was beautiful and seemed so full of longing, that I thought to look up the story behind the song. Long story short, there's folktale about a rusalka- a sort of water spirit in Eastern European folklore across several countries - that appears to be the original story behind "The Little Mermaid." This folktale was made into an opera, and the "song to the moon" is similar in intent to disney's "part of your world." Basically the rusalka wishing she could be a mortal woman because love for a mortal man has filled her with longing.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting discovery.

And the singer, Leontyne Price, she herself, her voice, is gorgeously moving.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #31
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default adagio for strings (Samuel Barber)

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Getting all teary eyed

Old 08-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #33
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Moon and stars. Sunset and dusk. Cloud shadows on the hills. The masterpiece of land and sky that I admire every single day and night. Nothing is more beautiful or peaceful.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #34
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Classical music, vulnerability, "le mot juste"

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #35
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Charming sensitivity, clever witticism, honorable and chivalrous behavior, the ability to know the subtle difference between sensual and sexual prowess and the line of vulnerability between them both, and the fine art of romance - in a way that is only unique to them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

People who take active positions against dictatorial adversaries and vote for policies that weave social stability for all sectors of society.

This is what moves me:

People who care about people. People willing to stand up for the right thing and do the right thing.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #37
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Being under pressure...that's what moves me..like the song by david bowie.Makes me wanna do a music video dancing down those eerie hallways of the cecil hotel in downtown los angeles,california.

I'm definitely watching to much YouTube these days.

Oh I remember that hotel,back in 1979 that was called home.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #38
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Nature... always nature. Vulnerability that is courageous. What my ears hear as perfect music. My grandson. My ghosts.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #39
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Saturday Night Live (SNL).

I seriously like/love how the creators of SNL will take on political hot topics and show the world just how redickulous and effing dangerous apolitical views can be.

Here is one of the latest SNL skits:

I wonder if they will break out the "New Sheriff in Town" skit concerning the fake sheriff's badge Mr. Perp-walker was showing off recently. We shall see.

In other news: Please vote like your life depends on it because it does. Democracy in the US is at stake and I seriously want for everybody in our country to denounce the GOP by voting for Democracy that belongs to us all -- not the dictator wanna-be's or election deniers of the GOP (.....).

_____ ______
Old 10-19-2022, 10:52 AM   #40
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I have picked up this unconventional magazine and was reading an article on Corita Kent, a nun and and art teacher at Immaculate Heart College in Hollywood. Some of her quotes have moved me into some inspiration today...

"To the extent we can approach our job as an amateur(from the Latin amare, meaning to love) will we be successful in our work. When we pursue a thing for love, we are free to fumble and make mistakes. The source of our work may not run smoothly, but we are open to possibilities, embracing everything we have contact with."

"Not all of are painters but we all are artists. Each time we are fitting something together we are creating...whether it be a loaf of bread, a child, a day"

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: