Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #261
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Got a quick workout in at the gym early this morning...did about 20 minutes on the bike and 10 on the rowing machine (which I love as much for the stretch as the work out)

Then did some arm and back work...my shoulder is a bit achy so I took it easy on the weights for the day...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #262
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Did a great 10km's on the 17th, and heading out for a good skate this afternoon Enjoying the sunshine even though all the city people are up for the cottage season and first long weekend!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #263
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I did about 20 minutes on the eliptical...did some weights for about 30 minutes or so and then another 20 minutes on the treadmill with a 7 percent incline...

Then came home and worked in the garden for about 3 hours...I don't know if that counts as a workout but I was sure sweatin' and working...lol
Old 05-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #264
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmeInterrupted View Post
Did a great 10km's on the 17th, and heading out for a good skate this afternoon Enjoying the sunshine even though all the city people are up for the cottage season and first long weekend!
What kind of skating do you do?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #265
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I have been lifting 2-3 times a week. (I'm a weight slut)
I bought a rowing machine on craigslist for $25 and I
have been trying it out and getting the hang of it.
I notice in my life that I love to set and meet goals.
I think I set my weight loss/ health goals too high,
and I sometimes get frustrated...
Progress keeps me motivated!
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #266
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Amazing experience today...yesterday started week 7 of my 10 week challenge. Today, after a grueling, yet incredibly satisfying, workout our trainer made an announcement. She began with "I don't want to embarrass anyone but...." (ah the ubiquitous "but"). She then went on to single me out by name, talking about how when I began the challenge I couldn't do a full push-up, couldn't do certain kinds of sit-ups, couldn't do some of the more difficult floor work, etc... She then went on to congratulate me on now being able to do all that she mentioned and more. She also went on to describe others in the class...and their accomplishments. After her impromptu speech, the entire class applauded and I received high fives, hugs, encouragement, and congratulations from my fellow challengers. It was an incredible experience and one I will not soon forget. Is it any wonder that I love this program and have become a self-confessed exercise addict? I'm now trying to talk a friend into beginning the next challenge in June with me. I hope she takes me up on it....it will change her outlook, her attitude, and her life.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #267
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
What kind of skating do you do?
I roll it old school! Quadskates!
I'm much more comfortable with them than inline skating.
Apparently, rollerskating is THE most UNcool thing I can do, according to my 19 year old son. "Blading" is much cooler!

These are my fabulous skates:

http://www.planetonwheels.com/store/...l#.UZz90KVKpcQ

Off for a walk now, before the rain comes

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #268
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

After nearly tow months of dealing with some long lasting back and shoulder pain I got my injection yesterday,today I am doing more that I have a while,most of cleaning my house better than I could lately but not doing any heave work for another fue days just to becareful with the injection so it will go where its suposed to.Tomorrow will be better than today,so I hope to be back to the exersise grindstone in a couple of days.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #269
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Apparently, rollerskating is THE most UNcool thing I can do, according to my 19 year old son. "Blading" is much cooler!

Nah, you're cool. I have a friend who goes once a week for the exercise. She has been skating with the same group of people for over 20 years.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #270
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

...approx twenty minute walk to the local drugstore--only to realize at the counter that I left my wallet in another bag.

...was a lovely twenty minute walk back home without my coffee
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #271
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Today I did five miles on the stationary bike to warm up, about 20 minutes on weights and then 30 minutes on the treadmill...got her up to a 10% incline.. I'm not sure how high it goes..come to think of it...lol
Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #272
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
...approx twenty minute walk to the local drugstore--only to realize at the counter that I left my wallet in another bag.

...was a lovely twenty minute walk back home without my coffee
This must be one of the saddest stories I have ever heard...
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #273
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Over an hour of cardio today and the usual weight lifting. The usual dog walk in the evening, as well.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #274
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Exercise today was totally thwarted by responsibilities. I got about 15 minutes in before I had to be working/schooling the kiddo/working/driving the kid to dance class. Tomorrow I'll get more time in then weekend off, have early morning bike ride scheduled for Monday morning. Taking my training friend out for a super hilly but short (20 mile) ride. This weekend calls for rain rain rain rain rain. With heavy winds. Won't be riding.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #275
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Maybe you need to tell your 19 year old son that the Roller Derby girls all go four wheeling. And that's about as cool as it gets.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #276
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Got up and ran about 3 miles. First mile was stiff and uncomfortable . Then when I started to get a good sweat going I got my second wind and I really wanted to run longer but I knew it would make me late for work.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #277
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Today I did 20 minutes on the eliptical...it's getting easier now and I find it less challenging....

Then did a more challenging circuit with the weights...a LOT of back, shoulder, bis and tris...some calve and thighs for good measure...I'm SO feeling my back muscles now! It's making me stand up straighter which is a plus..

Then did 15 minutes on the treadmill...got that baby up to an 18.5 incline! That's what I needed! I am now in LOVE with this machine....it makes all the right things hurt in a good way...and I feel afterward like I do after a wicked good hike, so I KNOW it is going to be excellent for training

I so meant to remember the name of it so I could find out how much those bad boys cost. One of those in the living room and I'd never need the gym again! Except that I really do love the muscle machines...and the sauna...and hot tub..oh and my polka lady...ok nevermind...
Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #278
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I was on the elliptical for 50 minutes watching bits from the Real Housewives of NJ, Dr. Oz, and Judge Judy. Thank the Goddess for TV at 4pm on a weekday! I hear NYC school days may be extended for next year. I live in fear of the possibility of having to give up this good TV slot, where I have a lot of choices. And I know this all sounds a bit pathetic, but it's the little things in life that sometimes make life more pleasant. I hate watching the news at 5. No thanks. I'll take the trash please, and plenty of it.

Jill has not been at the gym the past two times I've been there. WTF?! There was one regular there today, the petite Asian, muscular, always serious looking, independent woman. She wears all black and has a long black braid and always wears weight lifting gloves. She does a routine quite similar to mine. She goes on the elliptical and then does a routine on the mats as well as weight lifting. She was lifting two free weights of different weights. I asked her why (I would never do that!), and she said the matching weight was missing. Ohhh... She always has that problem solving chip in her brain that I am missing. Then she said, matter-of-fact, "It's better than nothing." I like that she doesn't giggle when she talks to me. She's smile-free, but without any negativity either. She exudes an energy that's private. There's something about a woman who doesn't giggle that earns my respect. I'm a giggler. No doubt about it.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #279
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Got a great 10km walk in yesterday-- today was spent gardening, which has left me feeling MUCH more tired and achy than a walk or skate! Lugging landscaping rocks, weeding, planting...plus a good walk into the forest to transplant more ferns and I scored some awesome moss for the 'riverbed' of our little gully.

Tomorrow is a skate day!

P.S. Easygoing femme!
This is me at Derby practice!
I'm the tall blonde

Lila Watson

-- Bob Marley
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #280
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Yesterday I was good, did over an hour of cardio.

Today I dodged the weights (when I should have done them), and only did an hour of cardio.

I don't really have anyone interesting at my gym like nycfembbw does.

I did see an old school bull dyke there yesterday. I wanted to thank her for paving the way (she was in her late 60's or early 70's), but when I smiled at her, she just looked at me. Like I said, old school bull dyke. Awesome! Does anyone ever think about that when they see the stereotypical older "bull dyke"? What those women went through that we now reap the rewards of?

I have this wave of respect and appreciation well up in me at those moments.

(how the hell did I get from exercise to a speech on lesbian history and the strong women who paved the way for us? I may not define as a "woman", but they certainly paved my way, as well)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights