Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #3161
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned and scrubbed dog runs for 4 hrs and now after lunch I'm gonna wash the car in the yard and maybe prune some bushes.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #3162
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

1 hr at the gym today: 35 min. stairmaster, 25 min. weightlifting and yoga

The big challenge will be to see if I can keep it up with school starting tomorrow!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #3163
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I made it to the gym by leaving work on time (okay, ten minutes later, but for me that's nothing!). I wish I didn't have my hour commute home either.

I did my usual: 30 minutes stair master; 30 minutes weightlifting and stretching and floor exercises.

I watched the Hunting Ground on Netflix while on the stair master. It was amazing! It is a doc on sexual assault on campuses, focusing on two young women who became successful activists in this area. Recommended!

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 09-06-2016 at 07:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #3164
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I worked with a new trainer today. He's not your typical trainer in that he's not big and buff and a baby. He's in his 30s and he's an everyman type with a slight gut. Plus his wife and I have the same name and we both have big calves.

Warm up: elliptical, cross country program
Stats: 98.5 cal, .96 mi, 15:00 min

30 min of background and goal orientation
30 min strength training

He wants me to keep a food journal, trade the elliptical for the arc trainer and the bugger gave me homework.

Homework!

Cool down: 10 min stretching

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #3165
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

After the kennel I came home and cut a little over an acre of grass with my push mower. And it was real hot here too so I sweat the whole time.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #3166
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes on the stairmaster.

OMG, today was what I call a "struggle" work-out. That's when you are having a day where you are so exhausted you can't imagine going to the gym but you go anyway and persevere through it. Now I feel so good!

Oh, and check out "Holy Hell" on Netflix. It was so incredible! (Watched while on Stairmaster)

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #3167
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Doing 30 to 45 min. of exercises in pool last 4 days!!!!

I do al the exercises the Fitness Instructor gave me to do...plus I add as many as I know of on my own. I do 3 or 4 reps of 12 each rep. I can tell a difference!!!

I also use my resistance bands inside along with the hand weights I have.

I want to be able to go back to gym once I get my life settled down....
Old 09-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #3168
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Okay so I hurt myself today. I guess if I am being honest, I saw this coming days ago. I probably weakened something with a day long hike over rough terrain that I did days ago. So since then during workouts and even just regular stuff like climbing stairs I noticed a pull in my front lower thigh/knee area, naturally I pushed even harder and made myself walk up more stairs and do more stuff to work it out. But instead of that happening it got much worse today during my workout. My wife is annoyed because she says that normal people don't push themselves when they are hurt, they stop and rest it. I don't agree. I mean, of course if you are really hurt you rest and ice, but not for every little twinge. It usually works when I push through stuff but this time it didn't. But I don't think I'm so unusual for believing that is the way to go initially. What do others think? Is my wife right, am I alone in believing when something hurts you just work it harder?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #3169
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Okay so I hurt myself today. I guess if I am being honest, I saw this coming days ago. I probably weakened something with a day long hike over rough terrain that I did days ago. So since then during workouts and even just regular stuff like climbing stairs I noticed a pull in my front lower thigh/knee area, naturally I pushed even harder and made myself walk up more stairs and do more stuff to work it out. But instead of that happening it got much worse today during my workout. My wife is annoyed because she says that normal people don't push themselves when they are hurt, they stop and rest it. I don't agree. I mean, of course if you are really hurt you rest and ice, but not for every little twinge. It usually works when I push through stuff but this time it didn't. But I don't think I'm so unusual for believing that is the way to go initially. What do others think? Is my wife right, am I alone in believing when something hurts you just work it harder?
Your wife is right. When something hurts, that should be a warning. I think you take it as a challenge.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #3170
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I did about 6 hours of manual labor outside in metal buildings. Sweeping and walking and bending and cleaning, oh my.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #3171
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 25 min on the stairmaster and 5 minutes of weight lifting and stretching. It's an exhausting week.

Miss Tick, I agree and disagree. Sometimes for sure, yes, but after watching way too many seasons of Dance Moms, I see how it often does work to push through pain.

Quote:

How do I... ?
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #3172
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Your wife is right. When something hurts, that should be a warning. I think you take it as a challenge.

LOL, I think that's probably true. A challenge and a personal affront. A kind of rude behavior by my body, a betrayal of sorts. And I just need to get tough with myself. I guess sometimes that backfires.

My wife is right? I can't wait to tell her. She loves that. Her two favorite things to hear are "You're right" and "Those shoes are on sale".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #3173
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Miss Tick, I agree and disagree.
Ya, I guess it depends. I have a feeling as I get older pushing through the pain might not work out as well as it used to.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #3174
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
LOL, I think that's probably true. A challenge and a personal affront. A kind of rude behavior by my body, a betrayal of sorts. And I just need to get tough with myself. I guess sometimes that backfires.

My wife is right? I can't wait to tell her. She loves that. Her two favorite things to hear are "You're right" and "Those shoes are on sale".
You can't go wrong with either of those phrases! Also good are "Let's go out for dinner" and "Here's the remote; you choose".

Quote:
Ya, I guess it depends. I have a feeling as I get older pushing through the pain might not work out as well as it used to.
*snort*

I'm thinking about carrying around a bucket to collect all the bolts and screws that are falling off and out of me at a record pace nowadays.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #3175
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

It was Sunday evening at the gym for me. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster (level 2-3) and 30 minutes of weight lifting, floor exercises, and stretching.

I am off tomorrow so I can go again, after a good sleep. Yay

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #3176
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I hit the gym this morning and obeyed my trainer's wishes and mounted that Arc Trainer.

I have to say that I'm too wide. These Italian birthing hips of mine kept brushing the edges of the contraption and it's designed like a cage, so even though I'm not a claustrophobic type person normally it made me feel a bit cagey like I was a trapped animal.

BUT

I kept calm and carried on!

Cybex Arc Trainer, weight loss program
Stats: 194 cal, 1.24 mi, 25:00 min

I wanted to do a little bit more but not really overextend myself so I hit up the treadmill.

Precor954i, random program
Stats: 77.1 cal, .65 mi, 20:00 min

Followed by:

Stretching

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #3177
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

When I had a trainer, he told me the same thing: no elliptical, yes Arc. He said it is because we can lift our heels on the elliptical but not on the Arc. I went thru a major Arc phase before I arrived at the highly addictive stair master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I hit the gym this morning and obeyed my trainer's wishes and mounted that Arc Trainer.

I have to say that I'm too wide. These Italian birthing hips of mine kept brushing the edges of the contraption and it's designed like a cage, so even though I'm not a claustrophobic type person normally it made me feel a bit cagey like I was a trapped animal.

BUT

I kept calm and carried on!

Cybex Arc Trainer, weight loss program
Stats: 194 cal, 1.24 mi, 25:00 min

I wanted to do a little bit more but not really overextend myself so I hit up the treadmill.

Precor954i, random program
Stats: 77.1 cal, .65 mi, 20:00 min

Followed by:

Stretching

How do I... ?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:25 AM   #3178
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
When I had a trainer, he told me the same thing: no elliptical, yes Arc. He said it is because we can lift our heels on the elliptical but not on the Arc. I went thru a major Arc phase before I arrived at the highly addictive stair master.
That makes sense but I still don't like it.

My employee just called out so today will be just me and the manual labor during the second half of the day.

yay

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #3179
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

My doc has me off work and temporarily banned from all forms of exercise including lifting anything over 2lbs. Well that's a pretty big restriction because that's means I can't even lift so much as a bag of sugar. My doc said you're pre-diabetic, the last thing you need to be doing is lifting any sugar anywhere, least of all to your lips! I love my doctor, he's so politically incorrect. Anyhow I go in for a blood draw/labs in another couple three weeks and hopefully my med levels will be high enough for him to lift the restriction, give me the green light go to exercise again.

I had just gotten back to running (well for me running, more like jogging for most) and was really enjoying it even if it was only a couple three short sprints here and there during the week. Right now I just feel like a great big huge slug. That and like a wayward child on restriction because my younger son who was going to fill up my exercise balance ball said - Not that I don't trust you or anything but doctor's orders, and then took his foot pump home. Geez you'd have thought I was asking him to smuggle drugs into the country for me or something. RME
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #3180
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did 45 minutes on the stair master. The first 30 I did on Levels 3/4 and then I incorporated some Level 2 for the last 15 minutes. Then I did 15 minutes of weightlifting and ab exercises.

I watched yet another good doc on Netflix while on the stairmaster. It is called "Hot Girls wanted" and it is about young women who go into amateur porn. It really let the girls tell their stories and was quite interesting.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights