How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I am enjoying it greatly Hope you can find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
OH! I have been wanting to read that book! I am going to see if I cant get it at the library when I go to the hospital for my surgery. I want to bring a few books so I can read and not just watch TV all day.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #242
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished Archeron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Out of all the Dark Hunter series I have read (to date), its my fav by a landslide!

I have the latest Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse waiting in the wings. I may have to go back and read Naamah's Kiss again to remind myself of the storyline. I HATE books in a series with such a length of time between releases!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #243
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello Readers

Joining thread...

I usually read a fair amount, though because I read The New Yorker every week, it cuts into my book time. About a month ago, I started reading with a Kindle DX and since then I have been reading non-stop. I have a wish list on the Kindle and every time I finish one book, I just download another. It's something I didn't think I'd enjoy as much as I do, but it really changes a lot about reading.

Here's what I've read on the Kindle:

Insignificant Others - Stephen Macauley - a book about a gay man in middle age and about relationship choices. Set in Boston, where I lived for many years, I enjoyed reading a story taking place in a city that I know and love.

Girl in Translation - Jean Kwok - about the Chinese immigrant experience in NYC. Very well written and moving.

The Frozen Rabbi - Steve Stern - the second book of his I've read. It's a magical realism with a twist of Hasidism about a family that has kept a celebrated rabbi frozen for generations until he thaws out in a power outage. A wonderful book.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - also magical realism about a girl who tastes the emotions of the people who have cooked the food she eats. Really well done and recommended.

I also read The Help (pre-Kindle) and like it tremendously. I can see why it's been on the best seller list forever.

Looking forward to hearing more about what all of you are reading.

BBinNYC
BBinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BBinNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #244
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently reading Stephen Kings, Under the Dome.

Being a mega King fan, I'm thrilled to find new material by him.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #245
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Reading now....

For my studies I am reading Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality; Holding Yin, Embracing Yang, and Nourishing the Essence of the Body, and The Essential Tao. For my Buddhist studies, I am reading Hinayana; The Heart Sutra; The Lotus Sutra; and The Path. For fun I am reading Honesty and Death and listening to Books: A Memoir.
Think that's enough?
Lady_Wu
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #246
leatherfaery

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I like my nouns Pro
Relationship Status:
in deep

leatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputationleatherfaery Has the BEST Reputation
Post finishing

Finishing Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs then going to start reading Ordinary Men by Christopher R Browning
leatherfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leatherfaery For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #247
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

Just loaded my new eReader up with "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and got almost halfway through it today. Then I start "Bullet" by Laurell Hamilton. And "Before Roe v. Wade: Voices that Shaped the Abortion Debate" for my book club.
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #248
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

"Aristotle and an Aardvark go to Washington." Understanding political doublespeak through philosophy and jokes. by, Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klien

It has both cracked me up and made me mad at times. sometimes at the same time.

Next I want to read by them, "Plato and a Platypus walk into a bar"

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #249
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post

The Frozen Rabbi - Steve Stern - the second book of his I've read. It's a magical realism with a twist of Hasidism about a family that has kept a celebrated rabbi frozen for generations until he thaws out in a power outage. A wonderful book.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - also magical realism about a girl who tastes the emotions of the people who have cooked the food she eats.
so I read this post last night and went to Barnes an Noble this morning.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake looks fascinating. I have thoughts about the food I eat and who's preparing it...weird I know.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #250
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've read both Ishmael books. I think they should be required reading for everyone on the planet. Haven't read Story of B - what did you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I am about to read The Story of B. Its by the author of Ishmeal. Has anyone read either book? I read Ishmael and enjoyed it. It was a life changing book for my daughter, much like Johnathon Livingston Seagull was for me when i was her age.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #251
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation
Default All E-Books..

Linchpin, by Seth Godin
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Save the Cat, Blake Snyder
Story, Robert McKee
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #252
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
Yup still reading it, every so often I get curious and Scan the Internet looking into key subjects or names I find peaks my interest and the Authors picture on the Cover is hawt too-cough-...there's rumors it will be made into Film, Awesome !!!

Here's a nifty Link I loooove
http://www.steliart.com/angelology_angelic_orders.html

Re-Reading "Watership Down", "The Last Unicorn"
Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #253
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer View Post
so I read this post last night and went to Barnes an Noble this morning.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake looks fascinating. I have thoughts about the food I eat and who's preparing it...weird I know.

I loved this book
I'm going to get her other book when I finish this.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #254
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I loved Angelology as well. It's a step up from the Dan Brown books. A real page turner.
BBinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBinNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #255
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Change Me Into Zeus's Daughter--Barbara Robinette Moss

I just finished reading her other (first...I did it backwards) memoir, Fierce, so I am kind of overwhelmed with this protagonist and her family ... I keep putting the book down to take a break.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #256
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Are they both memoirs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Change Me Into Zeus's Daughter--Barbara Robinette Moss

I just finished reading her other (first...I did it backwards) memoir, Fierce, so I am kind of overwhelmed with this protagonist and her family ... I keep putting the book down to take a break.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #257
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Are they both memoirs?
Answering for Soon, who has already closed up her laptop. Yes, they are both memoirs.
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 04:16 AM   #258
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've been away for a few days (a week or two?) while I relocated and there's so much vibrancy in this thread--thank you all!

Currently, I'm rereading bell hooks' Talking Back: Thinking Feminist, Thinking Black as motivation for this new semester of teaching. I really do enjoy most of her work...

Hugs to all of you fabulous readers!

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #259
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygrrl View Post
I've been away for a few days (a week or two?) while I relocated and there's so much vibrancy in this thread--thank you all!

Currently, I'm rereading bell hooks' Talking Back: Thinking Feminist, Thinking Black as motivation for this new semester of teaching. I really do enjoy most of her work...

Hugs to all of you fabulous readers!

I had the opportunity to listen to her read and speak when I was in uni (years ago!).

She gave me a lot to think about and was a fascinating speaker.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #260
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

8 Traits Successful People Have in Common by Richard St. John

A book that was passed on to me and was told it was interesting. It's alright so far.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading