Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #4661
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, Anya, for bumping this thread. I too have put pounds back on and need to refocus.

I have been traveling this week and find it hard to worry about what I am eating and how much I am eating, especially when I have to consider others and their wishes.

As a side note, I did sign up to walk a 5K in March so I will begin my training in January. I have always wanted to do a marathon so this is a good start.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #4662
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,075 Times in 8,585 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Ten good foods to eat while dieting.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #4663
D Phryxus

How Do You Identify?:
bi femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Poly-married

D Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST ReputationD Phryxus Has the BEST Reputation
Question

A new determination.

I have decided that I need to buckle down and release this weight. I try not to say l-o-s-e weight because I believe words have power and I don't want my subconscious going "Lost? We lost something? Ok I'll fix that and add more."

I am at the heaviest I have ever been after years of yo-yo-ing between 120 and 140. I am now 180,nearly 190 and feeling it. Most of this was put on during a very stressful time in my life. Now that I have a better outlook, I want to feel better too.

According to the BMI chart I should be around 100lbs (i'm 5 ft tall). So i'm trying to think of accessible goals and ways of achieving them.

My biggest thing is doing exercises that I actually will want to do at home. I love dancing, particularly belly dancing, so I'm looking for video instructionals I can do at home. I also used to do kung fu and ken-do. I'd be willing to do other types of work outs as well but my biggest thing is something that will keep me from being frustrated and bored.
Does anyone have any suggestions for dvd's that I might be able to get my hands on?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #4664
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Phryxus View Post
A new determination.

I have decided that I need to buckle down and release this weight. I try not to say l-o-s-e weight because I believe words have power and I don't want my subconscious going "Lost? We lost something? Ok I'll fix that and add more."

I am at the heaviest I have ever been after years of yo-yo-ing between 120 and 140. I am now 180,nearly 190 and feeling it. Most of this was put on during a very stressful time in my life. Now that I have a better outlook, I want to feel better too.

According to the BMI chart I should be around 100lbs (i'm 5 ft tall). So i'm trying to think of accessible goals and ways of achieving them.

My biggest thing is doing exercises that I actually will want to do at home. I love dancing, particularly belly dancing, so I'm looking for video instructionals I can do at home. I also used to do kung fu and ken-do. I'd be willing to do other types of work outs as well but my biggest thing is something that will keep me from being frustrated and bored.
Does anyone have any suggestions for dvd's that I might be able to get my hands on?
For something a bit more low impact but high results [...in my experience and when the requisite disciplined effort is put in of course] Darcy Bussell's Pilates for Life dvd is one to look out for.

Walking. Walk, walk and keep on walking...try putting Eckhart Tolle Power of Now and/or New Earth on you phone/ipod to keep the walk interesting.

Start small work up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #4665
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Maybe time to resurrect this thread?!

Between getting back on the wagon with my meal plan and being sick last week I lost 8 pounds in 7 days.

I had lost 151 pounds on my own over the last couple of years but had gained 20 pounds back over the last 5 months. Decided to button down last week and get back to what I know is good for me and the 8 pounds is feeling REALLY good off of my knees!

Going back to a 99% meatless diet and back to my Fitbit steps!

anyone else back on the wagon?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #4666
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That's phenomenal progress, Medusa. The past two and a half months I've been working to bring down the number on the scale and, more recently, to keep an eye on my sugar intake. It's been slow-going but I'm down a little over 11 lbs. Hopefully, the slower it goes, the more likely it will stay off.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #4667
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

I drink green tea 2-3 times a day
Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #4668
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm hanging in there with my weight but would really love to lose about 30 pounds! Anyone on Fitbit regularly and up for step challenges?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #4669
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

My goal is 40lbs next year. One of my coworkers is willing to help me with meal planning and finding exercises that I can do. My knees are letting me know it's time to lose the weight again. I use the LoseIt App and it's easy to use!

I have been doing meal planning and this helps!

Good luck to all of us!

Zimmeh
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #4670
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I have gone off the deep end.

Since I moved here in January my entire regular diet is gone off the deep end.

Why am I suddenly eating junk that I never ate in my life!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 AM   #4671
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Back on track!

one month later, junk free, just about sugar free.

i feel so much better, but definitely gained some weight during my 2 months home, and not giving a care about my well being.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #4672
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I've been trying to cut. Ack on junk food and eat more fruit, peanuts, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt instead. And I'm watching my portion sizes. Hey it's better than nothing & im losing slow and steady.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #4673
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I finally realized if I just give up the things I love and crave it sets me up to fail...

Instead, I have found healthy replacements for the foods I know I can't live without.

For example:

Ice cream. I started making my own version in my food processor. It starts with 3 frozen bananas and I add to it to make whatever flavor I want.

For a salty snack, I got a whirly gig type popcorn popper. I use coconut oil in a minimal amount and use good sea salt. Im also going to add nutritional yeast on occasion for that yummy cheesy flavor.

I've started reading labels and cutting back on sugar. But if I do eat something really "bad" I just have less of it.

Now I don't feel deprived nor do I feel heaped with guilt when I do partake.

Still no replacement for beer though. I've read that wine is better so maybe back to that. I only get to drink on my,nights off any how. ...
Old 04-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #4674
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

ok i figured i probably gained about 15 -20 pounds over the months before my coming to life.

i am bread free AND junk food free 3 weeks now...

i feel better. thats all i care about i think

i am feast or famine....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #4675
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I concocted my own sweet snack to eat instead of cake, pie, etc. I use natural peanut butter (crunchy), 2 bananas, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, and I crumble up one of those KIND pressed fruit bars (the coconut pineapple one), mix it all up in a bowl or I could use the food processor I guess? It's good and satisfies my sweet tooth. Not sure how fattening it is? But hey, it's gotta be better than eating other stuff I can think of!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #4676
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I concocted my own sweet snack to eat instead of cake, pie, etc. I use natural peanut butter (crunchy), 2 bananas, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, and I crumble up one of those KIND pressed fruit bars (the coconut pineapple one), mix it all up in a bowl or I could use the food processor I guess? It's good and satisfies my sweet tooth. Not sure how fattening it is? But hey, it's gotta be better than eating other stuff I can think of!
It depends on what you are going for: reduced total calories, decreased sugar or low carbs.

Your snack does sound yummy.

I found a good site that has most foods. I just put in the name, get what I am looking for (usually the total sugar and the carbs) and then add it up.

I know there are lots of good sites people use.

http://www.fooducate.com

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #4677
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

BUMP! BUMP!
Old 07-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #4678
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

hi!

i am on a Keto plan right now, i am not losing i don't think but i feel 100% better!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #4679
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I need to do something because being obese is starting to affect my joints....
Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #4680
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I need to do something because being obese is starting to affect my joints....
have you tried Keto? It will melt off i tell ya.......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: