Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation
Default Yoga

In January, I started incorporating bit of yoga into my exercise routine and I must say I have become hooked. I am scouting classes in my area and have ordered a couple of beginner's DVDs to learn more.

Any other yoga practitioners out there?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

*raising hand*

Love it!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
*raising hand*

Love it!
So good to see you, Mr. Thinker

In addition to all the positive energy benefits, I was surprised at what a workout it is as well. Mrs. Strutt isn't nearly as flexible as she thought she was, lol.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Strutt View Post
So good to see you, Mr. Thinker

In addition to all the positive energy benefits, I was surprised at what a workout it is as well. Mrs. Strutt isn't nearly as flexible as she thought she was, lol.

When I first started Yoga, I wasn't doing anything else and desperately needed help with my lower back. In addition to eating a simplified diet, I did Yoga everyday; and my shape/physique totally changed.

In addition, my lower back issues were all but resolved. I was finally able to lean forward to brush my teeth, adjust shower water, make the bed, etc... without holding on to something; and I could step up and down off curbs without flinching in pain.

The core strength that is gained is amazing to me.

I use the Yoga Zone DVD series. I started with the basic one and then started adding to the collection.

As for relaxation... I can tell you that there has been more than one time that I have fallen asleep at the end of a session (been more than ten times too!).

Yoga = Good
Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,100 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In January, I started incorporating bit of yoga into my exercise routine and I must say I have become hooked. I am scouting classes in my area and have ordered a couple of beginner's DVDs to learn more.

I haven't started yoga, yet...
But am a delighted beginner in Tai Chi...(especially on a sunny day like today when I can practice on my private deck, listening to the spring birdies!)... the positive energy is so refreshing!!
I want to start yoga, but need to take things slow... my Lupus and other health conditions make life very painful some days.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
I haven't started yoga, yet...
But am a delighted beginner in Tai Chi...(especially on a sunny day like today when I can practice on my private deck, listening to the spring birdies!)... the positive energy is so refreshing!!
I want to start yoga, but need to take things slow... my Lupus and other health conditions make life very painful some days.
Really sorry to hear about the Lupus, Sweet. I wish you well.

I *really* want to get into Tai Chi. I tried it once and felt soooooo uncoordinated and foolish. Good for you for working it.

Yeah, definitely take it easy with Yoga. There are some relaxation and very mild poses and movements that would work well for you, and I believe those will find their way to you when they're supposed to!!!

Good luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

*hand raise* . Lurvs it! Nothing works like it for my back, general flexibility and energy level. I prefer flow styles that incorporate a lot of movement heat and breathing rhythms. Currently recently restarted on a modest practice of most days for about 20 min-half hour. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Richard-Freeman-Ashtanga-Primary/dp/0963993208"]Great Ashtanga vid w/ Richard Freeman from Amazon[/ame].
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

***impatiently waiting for my two new yoga DVDs to come from Overstock.com***

Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #9
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Got my yoga DVDs and I have been taking them for a test drive. Very cool, but...ouch. Mrs. Strutt is definitely not as flexible as she thought she was

Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Got my yoga DVDs and I have been taking them for a test drive. Very cool, but...ouch. Mrs. Strutt is definitely not as flexible as she thought she was
That's one thing about Yoga... You eventually get there, and that is incredibly rewarding!!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
That's one thing about Yoga... You eventually get there, and that is incredibly rewarding!!
I can already see where I'm improving, little by little.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #12
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE yoga. With a passion. I have weeks where I am able to go to class a few times and then weeks where I miss it. My regular gym took it off of their schedule <bastards> so it makes it harder. I don't exercise at home cause well... I lack motivation... so totally lack it!!

I have tried lots of kinds of yoga. I really like vinyasa and ashtanga, but nothing beats a good old fashioned hatha... and just cause its hatha does not mean its easy.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

We (Me and Melissa) are new to Yoga and loving it. We do Yoga every other day. Still new to this and learning new positions but definitely feeling positive effects. I can't believe how far we have both come so quickly. Somedays it is a funny sight to see us and somedays we groan and struggle. But we won't give this up.

Rufus.
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #14
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Amazing what a great workout it is, and yet so spiritually centering at the same time.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I get my best messages and creative ideas in yoga. I usually make sure I have either a pen and paper beside me (I am okay with looking a bit weird) or alternatively in the car so I can record my thoughts as soon as possible... cause sometimes I get post yoga brain... it sounds like this .....aaaaahhhhhhh... followed by that dreaded tire leaking sound

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
PrudenceJuris

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Stepping out as Warrior Queen... don't be confused

PrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Yoga for life!!

Quote:

I began taking yoga classes at the suggestion of my dentist. I was grinding my teeth badly and he thought it would be a great way to relieve stress. He was so right and I've learned since then that many of the oldest people in the world practice some type of yoga regularly.

I'm happy to hear of suggestions for really good DVDs since I'm needing to trim my budget and attending my regular classes is being cut out due to the budget constraints.
PrudenceJuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

I've been really happy with the DVDs so far, although a bit disconcerted about what a "beginner" I truly am, lol. But I am trying not to worry about that and just enjoy the journey

Old 06-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I read about a DVD for the non-yogi called The No Om Zone by Kimberly Fowler. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I don't like to buy until I have tried it and this one isn't available through the library yet.

Thanks,
Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Just started going to Yoga classes a few weeks ago.

Im rather shocked at what a QUICK improvement to my self esteem it can be-

Not because I can do ANY pose- not even the dead mans pose, without a modification. Cause I cant.

But because from one day to the next I can see an improvement, even if its a slight one. And I can feel changes in my body- in a safe way- that are awesome.
Its not easy for me to be present in my body that feels SAFE. Its rare. Im finding it very powerful.

Strange, Paphigleo and I did Yoga together a couple of weeks ago. And Tai Chi this week.

I found Tai Chi to feel akward for me, harder to focus on the point of it, and easily was distracted by how I looked/how disjointed all the movements were for me. Unlike how I feel in yoga.

Whats strange is Paphigleo feels vice versa about the 2- Tai Chi speaks to him, the way Yoga speaks to me.

We both agree that each form of movement kicks our asses, later that day, and the next day, and...

The observation humors both of us, cause that follows our Yin Yang pattern well.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I read about a DVD for the non-yogi called The No Om Zone by Kimberly Fowler. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I don't like to buy until I have tried it and this one isn't available through the library yet.

Thanks,
Andrea
This is a new one for me too; never heard of it. You'll have to let us know what you find out.