Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 01-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #241
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I think we are at 10 to 11 inches of snow!

Speaking of work......
For us they tell us not to come in if we don’t feel safe. The company doesn’t close and we have to use from our pto if we want to get paid. I’m staying home... today and tomorrow. Reason? Other drivers! I had no problems driving up north in the snow but here it gets insane. People sliding and hitting the breaks I just don’t get why they can not GET it. It’s all good I don’t mind the couple days off.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM   #242
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
I think we are at 10 to 11 inches of snow!

Speaking of work......
For us they tell us not to come in if we don’t feel safe. The company doesn’t close and we have to use from our pto if we want to get paid. I’m staying home... today and tomorrow. Reason? Other drivers! I had no problems driving up north in the snow but here it gets insane. People sliding and hitting the breaks I just don’t get why they can not GET it. It’s all good I don’t mind the couple days off.
i am right there with you! Our drivers cannot drive in perfect conditions. It’s 15 degrees and there is ice everywhere.

i do mind these days off as they don’t pay us for them, and i really don’t want to use vacation time for this.

One thing you cannot control, is the weather
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #243
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
Absolutely but companies get out of it when a state of emergency is not in effect by saying 'if you feel comfortable to do so', come in. That way, they take liability off of the table. They don't have to pay and they don't get any feedback if something happens while on the way to work due to the weather conditions. My company is like this and if I can't stay due to the weather, I have to take from my time bank.

We didn't get a lot of snow yesterday but then the misty rain made it all slushy and what didn't melt, froze, so there's a ton of ice out there.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #244
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The rain finally turned to drizzle. The sun is peeking out a bit. The winds are back to a steady 20 mph with higher level gusts. Compared to yesterday, it is eerily quiet.

On a cursory look out the windows - the windows and skylights are intact, the property dividing fence is toast, there are tree parts all over but the trees are still in the ground.

80% of the town has no electricity. Not a surprise. Could hear the transformers popping last night. Additional crews are being brought in from other states to help restore power. Power flickers here but never went out.

The emergency center call came in about 8am warning people to stay off the roads because of all the downed trees and wires, and street flooding. With all the sirens out there, I'm gathering people didnt heed the warning.

High tide is in 2 hours. After that, the storm should be far enough out for the waters to finally recede before tonights high tide.

Really itching to see the bay side harbor. Millions were spent 2 years ago to dredge, rebuild, and fortify the area. Yesterday at high tide, the sea water was pouring into the surrounding parking areas and buildings.

Word to the wise....never buy property between the harbor and the marsh as they strive to become one during these kinds of storms.

Time to find the bike helmet and go shovel the debris in the driveway.

Has anyone heard from Gemme?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #245
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

The rain finally turned to drizzle. The sun is peeking out a bit. The winds are back to a steady 20 mph with higher level gusts. Compared to yesterday, it is eerily quiet.

On a cursory look out the windows - the windows and skylights are intact, the property dividing fence is toast, there are tree parts all over but the trees are still in the ground.

80% of the town has no electricity. Not a surprise. Could hear the transformers popping last night. Additional crews are being brought in from other states to help restore power. Power flickers here but never went out.

The emergency center call came in about 8am warning people to stay off the roads because of all the downed trees and wires, and street flooding. With all the sirens out there, I'm gathering people didnt heed the warning.

High tide is in 2 hours. After that, the storm should be far enough out for the waters to finally recede before tonights high tide.

Really itching to see the bay side harbor. Millions were spent 2 years ago to dredge, rebuild, and fortify the area. Yesterday at high tide, the sea water was pouring into the surrounding parking areas and buildings.

Word to the wise....never buy property between the harbor and the marsh as they strive to become one during these kinds of storms.

Time to find the bike helmet and go shovel the debris in the driveway.

Has anyone heard from Gemme?
Gemme is fine talked to her this morning she hasn't had power for 1.5 days. She's going to call when her power is back on so she doesn't run down the cell battery
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #246
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonDC View Post
Gemme is fine talked to her this morning she hasn't had power for 1.5 days. She's going to call when her power is back on so she doesn't run down the cell battery

Thanks for the update. The power company just called with their update....expect outages to last for a couple of days as they work around the clock to restore power.

Unfortunately, the winds are gusting in the 40-50 mph range again. More trees and power lines are coming down.

The police have started posting pics of cars smushed by trees but it isnt stopping the traffic out there. Neither are the ones showing live wires catching fire.

Oh well, it could be worse.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 02:33 PM   #247
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

This is sad. The police just posted a pic from my favorite town beach on the ocean side.

There is a snack bar off the parking lot facing the beach. There used to be a 40 foot walkway from the snack bar to the stairway that led down to the beach off a 20 foot cliff. The storm in January took out the stairway and eroded about 10 feet of cliff. Now the walkway is gone and the "cliff" is at street level with the Atlantic trickling into the parking lot.

This is what it used to look like:

This is the link to the video of what it looks like now:

Nauset reconfiguration

Good thing the town bought the property on the cliffs above the parking lot.

One of the perks of living in a small town is that when weather causes trees to fall across roadways, the town cuts enough of the tree to open the road. The rest is left for folks with fireplaces and wood stoves to come cut up for their own use. The town will clean up what is leftover in a few days.

Here, I am waiting on the landscapers to deal with the 2 40+ feet pine trees off my deck. One is leaning on the other which is also starting to lean. Hoping the wind stay from the north so when they fall, it will be away from the building.

Seriously, too too fucking old for this shit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #248
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Power came back on a couple of hours ago. There are still about 2000 people in my city without power.

It also rained, snow showered, snowed and who knows what earlier. Clearly, Riley wants to be remembered.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2018, 11:56 PM   #249
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default weather

49 and sunny for 3 days now and no snow in Toronto area.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #250
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Well, the brunt of the storm is approaching. Winds were gusting in the 50's but are taking a bit of a breather at the moment. Heavy snowfall is starting.

It is a heavy wet snow. So trees are coming down again. Branches are hanging. Power is out to over 35% of town. This is better than PTown which has no power at all. Lights and internet are flickering here.

Gonna be a long day. Thinking it might be nap time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #251
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Power went out twice but was back in about half an hour each time. Good thing, too, as National Grid promised me via text that they had a ton of crews ready and able to assist with any issues.

Wind is killer. That hasn't changed. The power lines are banging around like crazy. Even though the snow shrunk from this morning (the flakes were HUUUUUGE) and it went from wet snow to soft and fluffy back to wet again, it's better now. I'm crossing my fingers that this holds (as does the power).

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #252
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good evening! I hope you all are staying safe...It has been a mild winter down here and my oldest nephew is in Chicago for Navy boot camp.

Please be safe and I hope this weather ends soon for you all..

Zimmeh
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #253
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm checking in, to say I'm high and dry, being on the 3rd floor.

When you see/hear about the flooding in Texas, probably the pictures will come from my town. It's been non stop hard rain, thunder and lightning, most of the day. The street out front is flooded. I have an employee stuck in her car, probably over night.

There are a few of us that are close by, and I hope they check in as well.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #254
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check in

Bump for our friends in the path of Dorian.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #255
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Central Fl...LAKE COUNTY here

SAFE, thus far!

I am 100 miles inland BUT will feel effects tonight & tomorrow.

Feeder bands are starting to dribble in.....will not be the case come nightfall & around 200 am. IF the winds weather are really bad, AND I have power, I will check in!
Old 09-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #256
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wow...really?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/polit...olf/index.html
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #257
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check in

Houston, Galveston, East Texas check in please.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #258
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Houston, Galveston, East Texas check in please.
Safe in my area of Houston.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #259
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default *** B u m p ***

Thought I would bump this thread this morning, due to Hurricane season getting underway with threats of a big hurricane that threatens the east coast and a gulf hurricane that took aim at the coastline of Texas and nearby states.

With the pandemic crisis expanding in states like Texas, Florida and other coastal locations, it is worrisome what will happen to people who can't observe social distancing during a severe outbreak of storms during Hurricane season.

Keeping a candle lit for all and sending thoughts for personal safety and security during the weeks ahead.

Link provided below for easy access to weather reports:

Hurricane Center @ Weather.com

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 09:31 PM   #260
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping this thread again, tonight. Wow, hurricane season is already off to a worrisome start.

Also, fire season is already active in my home state. It is very dry here and next week our first heat wave will be underway.

Climate change is real.

There is also dire water shortages too.

Post here to let us know what is going on where you live.

So far, we are okay. But it was just six months ago that my whole county, nearly, burned away. Just three weeks ago a patch of our county, in a badly burned area, was on fire again and we got alerts to standby and go, at a moments notice.

We could also suffer a water shortage this summer. It is worrisome.

Stay safe everyone.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 06-16-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: