Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > North Carolina Forums

Old 07-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

(btw, I had completely forgotten that I had started this thread...I'm sorry about that y'all...don't want anyone to think I was ignoring anyone... )
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #22
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

dizielady, no worries It seems to be a pretty slow moving thread these days.. a few years back we had the same issue at the dash site in the NC thread. Thanks for starting it and following up
Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

oy, i just saw that i spelt your nick wrong.. dixielady, not dizielady.. lol.. two totally diffrent meanings there! lol
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I live in the mtns, near Asheville. Where y'all at?

I'm in Greensboro, moved here in 2008. Just now getting around to seeking out community.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Paphigleo and I are in Asheville.

We love meeting people in real time.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
oy, i just saw that i spelt your nick wrong.. dixielady, not dizielady.. lol.. two totally diffrent meanings there! lol
you weren't off by much...and besides, I think most of the time dizie or even ditzy would work...lol
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

I'll be out and about in Asheville tomorrow and will probably hit the drag club tomorrow night. Also thinking about going tubing on the river Sunday, depending on the weather. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #28
qtpie5575

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:
Single with the option to test drive!

qtpie5575 is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings NC!

Hello! I am new to the site but glad to see an NC thread! I am in Hickory, NC. Hope to become an active member of this website! Blowing kisses to all my NC folks! Will be back on to check out the site more tomorrow, until then good night NC!
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thought nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keeping what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."
qtpie5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qtpie5575 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #29
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Recent transplant, I've settled in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area

Glad to see we have a thread.....

Checking out Ms Scarlettes linkie loo.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #30
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpie5575 View Post
Hello! I am new to the site but glad to see an NC thread! I am in Hickory, NC. Hope to become an active member of this website! Blowing kisses to all my NC folks! Will be back on to check out the site more tomorrow, until then good night NC!
Welcome to the thread and to the site! I'm sure you already know this - there will be a Pride event in your area (Catawba Valley Pride) the weekend of October 15. If you are wanting to meet people in your area consider volunteering for the evert or just attend. From what I've read so far it looks like it will be a wonderful weekend.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:34 AM   #31
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post
Recent transplant, I've settled in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area

Glad to see we have a thread.....

Checking out Ms Scarlettes linkie loo.

Welcome to the Tarheel state! Q-Notes is a good source -you can also sign up for their email news alerts.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #32
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to NC Abby, the site and the thread qtpie5575

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #33
qtpie5575

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Welcome to the thread and to the site! I'm sure you already know this - there will be a Pride event in your area (Catawba Valley Pride) the weekend of October 15. If you are wanting to meet people in your area consider volunteering for the evert or just attend. From what I've read so far it looks like it will be a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for the invite, I am actually the president of the board of directors for Catawba Valley Pride. It is going to be our areas first gay pride celebration and will hopefully go down in history by bringing more inclusion and unity into our unfortunately divided area! Check out our website for all the happenings, would love to see all my NC peeps there!

Christy Austin
President of Catawba Valley Pride
www.catawbavalleypride.org
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thought nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keeping what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qtpie5575 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #34
qtpie5575

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up Catawba Valley Pride 2010

HICKORY, NC, September 9th, 2010 -- Today, Catawba Valley Pride, Inc. announced the first ever Catawba Valley Gay Pride. The event will take place from Friday October 15th through Sunday the 17th. A 5pm seminar at Lenoir-Rhyne University will kick off Pride weekend followed by food and dance at Market on Main. The night will conclude with shows and dancing at Pride Night at Club Cabaret.

On Saturday, a Pride Picnic from 10am to 3pm on the grounds of Unifour Christian Fellowship in Newton will include vendors, a picnic display competition and entertainment on the outdoor stage with gospel music performed inside the sanctuary. Saturday events continue with a Pride Youth Dance at an area church and “Not Your Mama’s Bingo” at Quality Inn & Suites—an entertaining fundraiser supporting ALFA and Catawba Valley Pride. Club Cabaret will feature a night of shows and contests spotlighting the return of drag personality Nancy Newton.

To wrap up the weekend, various area churches will include programs in their Sunday Morning Services that affirm the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, two-spirited people, and their supporters.

The mission of Catawba Valley Pride, Inc. is to provide an annual opportunity to generate celebratory, cultural, artistic, and educational events which affirm the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, two-spirited people, and supporters through activities which promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity as well as to increase public awareness of the LGBT community so as to eliminate homophobia, transphobia, and discrimination. The organization focuses on but is not limited to the following counties: Alexander, Allegheny, Ashe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Iredell, Lincoln, Watauga and Wilkes.

This event is open to all LGBT citizens and their supportive friends and families. For more information about Catawba Valley Pride weekend (October 15-17) and for volunteer or sponsorship opportunities, please send an email to: admin@catawbavalleypride.org or visit the web site: www.CatawbaValleyPride.org for further details.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 AM   #35
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpie5575 View Post
Thanks for the invite, I am actually the president of the board of directors for Catawba Valley Pride. It is going to be our areas first gay pride celebration and will hopefully go down in history by bringing more inclusion and unity into our unfortunately divided area! Check out our website for all the happenings, would love to see all my NC peeps there!

Christy Austin
President of Catawba Valley Pride
www.catawbavalleypride.org
Congratulations on the premier of Catawba Valley Pride! As past Co-chair of Pride Charlotte I know exactly how much time, energy and hard work you and your committee have dedicated to launching this event. I am thrilled at the number and variety of events you have scheduled for that weekend and wish you much success in this endeavor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #36
qtpie5575

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Congratulations on the premier of Catawba Valley Pride! As past Co-chair of Pride Charlotte I know exactly how much time, energy and hard work you and your committee have dedicated to launching this event. I am thrilled at the number and variety of events you have scheduled for that weekend and wish you much success in this endeavor.
Thank you Miss Scarlett, it certainly is an undertaking. My hope is that it will go down in history by bringing a little more unity and inclusion to our unfortunately divided area! Would love for you to come join us if you are able! There will be something for everyone! It is honestly a labor of love for my community!
The Following User Says Thank You to qtpie5575 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 AM   #37
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Talking Blue Ridge Pride 2010, Asheville

Blue Ridge Pride October 2nd, 2010 in downtown Asheville, Lexington Ave., from noon-8pm

Blue Ridge Pride is a weekend event featuring a day long outdoor festival including mainstage music and entertainers, community talents, educational workshops, regional vendors, and participation from state-wide and local LGBTQ and non-profit organizations.

Come on out and play...you know I'll be there...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Going to BluRP- Ill be there right after work, around 1230 ish
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

How's the economy in NC?? Just wondering if jobs are plentiful in the healthcare field??
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #40
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Going to BluRP- Ill be there right after work, around 1230 ish
Pajara and I should be there around that time. I'm looking forward to it.