Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #241
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

GO YANKEES
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #242
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I like baseball cuz it seems to have been a tame sport compared to other sports.

But, I am seeing things last year and this year that is making me a bit uncomfortable. One of my teams pitchers beaned someone in the head resulting in multiple facial factures but hopefully no eye injury. It brought me back to the day, before helmets were required, when Tony Conigliaro got beaned in the face and it changed his career and life forever.

This week it was a clean tho ugly play at the plate resulting in a broken leg and torn ligaments for Buster Posey.

It upsets me when people get hurt like this.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #243
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I like baseball cuz it seems to have been a tame sport compared to other sports.

But, I am seeing things last year and this year that is making me a bit uncomfortable. One of my teams pitchers beaned someone in the head resulting in multiple facial factures but hopefully no eye injury. It brought me back to the day, before helmets were required, when Tony Conigliaro got beaned in the face and it changed his career and life forever.

This week it was a clean tho ugly play at the plate resulting in a broken leg and torn ligaments for Buster Posey.

It upsets me when people get hurt like this.

I remember Tony C's injury, it was horrific.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #244
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
I remember Tony C's injury, it was horrific.
Whoa- didn't know that was intentional! That was horrific and just wrong- that player was hurt badly.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #245
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Whoa- didn't know that was intentional! That was horrific and just wrong- that player was hurt badly.

It wasnt intentional. It was an up and in pitch that got away. Tony suffered
a facial fracture, dislocated jaw and retina damage.

The pitcher Jack Hamilton of the Angels was never the same either. After the incident, he was unwilling to pitch inside anymore. As a result he became a much less effective pitcher. He retired 2 years later.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #246
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

It wasnt intentional. It was an up and in pitch that got away. Tony suffered
a facial fracture, dislocated jaw and retina damage.

The pitcher Jack Hamilton of the Angels was never the same either. After the incident, he was unwilling to pitch inside anymore. As a result he became a much less effective pitcher. He retired 2 years later.

Thanks- I didn't know these facts.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #247
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I need to know...

Is it possible to change "your" team?

Would you change "your" team for a partner?

What if "your" team and your partner's team are diametrically opposed???

What if "your" team sucks and your partner's is always in the headlines...in a good way?

HELP! I need answers!

Concerned Cubs Fan.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #248
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
Is it possible to change "your" team?

Would you change "your" team for a partner?

What if "your" team and your partner's team are diametrically opposed???

What if "your" team sucks and your partner's is always in the headlines...in a good way?

HELP! I need answers!

Concerned Cubs Fan.

Nope- would not change my team for a partner- or anyone. JeepSakes! Ya' gotta stand by your team!

Your Cubbies will rise again!!! Keep the faith!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #249
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation
Default What!!!!

Buster Posey is hurt... OMG I love that kid... he rules as a catcher. Going to look for info...

In the meantime... must shut TV off, keep up the good work Texas

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #250
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Forget me rooting for the Yankees. I hate them. GO MARINERS!!!!
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #251
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Ahhhh Buster Posey... poor young man. My favorite catcher with a fine fne swing. I really hope this injury does not have a long term career affect.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #252
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Ahhhh Buster Posey... poor young man. My favorite catcher with a fine fne swing. I really hope this injury does not have a long term career affect.
Yes, what a break. I hope he recovers well, too- but it looks like this could impact his play forever. He seems like a smart kid, though. And all those guys have to think about life after baseball- but he is only in his second year.

He is really missed!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #253
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Saw the video of the collision that caused Buster Posey to break his leg. Looked awful -- and with a little too much intent. MLB really needs to establish a guideline with homeplate slides.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #254
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Saw the video of the collision that caused Buster Posey to break his leg. Looked awful -- and with a little too much intent. MLB really needs to establish a guideline with homeplate slides.
I agree. Posey refused to make negative comments about it but there has been quite a few comments about it being intentional. I hope not. Yup- might be a good idea for MLB to take a look at this in terms of guidelines. They came up with some concerning pitchers hitting batters after some obvious intentional throws.

Sometimes I think about the 5 pro players get (all sports) and I think yikes- but injuries can halt a career very early for some and this is how they make a living. Plus it isn't a career that one can do for 30-40 years like others.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #255
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
Is it possible to change "your" team? Yes it is. Thats what trades are for.

Would you change "your" team for a partner? I would trade my partner for the good of the team

What if "your" team and your partner's team are diametrically opposed??? Obviously, my partner would need to compromise. LOL

What if "your" team sucks and your partner's is always in the headlines...in a good way? I am a Red Sox fan. Win or lose, they are always in the headlines. Partner would adjust.

--------------------------------

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #256
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

The Pirates have been kicking the Phillies butt! Two out of three so far. (who said the Pirates suck???) An afternoon game today. Just what I need, more sun.(burn)

Singing TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME........(and bring the broom) or as we say here RAISE THE JOLLY RODGER

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #257
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default following the draft?

My answer would be No.

6 years from now, when they finally show up in the majors, if they haven't been traded like cattle, I won't know who they are, so I never bother.

The Pirates (pity them) want so baddly to be taken seriously as baseball owners and not newspaper heirs, have been spamming all of us with draft information.

OK, so we Drafted first (that also means we were the worst team in baseball last year) and we selected Gerrit Cole out of UCLA and he comes to us with 3 pitches!......FAKE BOOK (not a typing error) wanted them to pick a bat. Now everyone is bashing the owners (yawn) again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #258
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Whoa! What a game between the Giants and the Nationals. We game back after the 7th to tie it at 4 to 4. Finally, in the 13th, the Giants came through!!

Timmy didn't pitch that well overall, but, hit his 1000th strike-out during his first 5 years!! F***K Yeah!!! But, I am very impressed with Vogelsong. He not only pitches- he hits well and is pretty fast!

http://juliantalai.blogspot.com/2011...nts-fight.html

Saw my first giants game in CA in 1958 when I was 7 years old- been a long haul to see them doing so well and taking the WS for 2010. Hum Baby!!

They had the #29 draft pick... a short stop, guy named Panik.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #259
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Whoa! Congrats on the win!
Timmy didn't pitch that well overall, but, hit his 1000th strike-out during his first 5 years!! F***K Yeah!!! But, I am very impressed with Vogelsong. He not only pitches- he hits well and is pretty fast!Vogelsong is a former Pirate......one of many we let leave in our infamous *firesales* (hoping those days are over, all indications are it is)

http://juliantalai.blogspot.com/2011...nts-fight.html

Saw my first giants game in CA in 1958 when I was 7 years old- been a long haul to see them doing so well and taking the WS for 2010. Hum Baby!!My Dad used to take me to Sunday afternoon baseball games when I two and wearing diapers. My mother wouldn't let him go unless he took me. It became a ritual, Me and the old man and those Sunday double headers. Baseball was such a way of life for me, all of my life. I love the Pirates, win or loose. (we haven't done alot of winning in 18 years) but I support them BIG TIME. I still listen to games on the radio too, him and I did alot of that.

They had the #29 draft pick... a short stop, guy named Panik.
Glad you love baseball Atlast!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #260
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default MLB draft

Some nice stories out of the draft including 2 teams who picked players who sustained spinal cord injuries - one playing the game and the other in a recreational accident. They may never play pro ball or walk again but the pro teams honored the potential they saw in these 2 young men by selecting them.

Nice job Rangers and Astros.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-wp8932

And, my old Red Sox players are whipping old Yankee butt this week. WTG guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: