Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I have switched products again!

I am back to using bar soap, mild formula, dove mens comfort care.

Also I am finding that the white stick deodorants no longer work on me, I have better luck with the blue colored sticks of deodorant or the gels.

The only thing that works for me now is old spice deodorants, dove soap and I still use my Cetaphil lotion on my face, still trying to find some decent men's lotion that doesn't irritate my skin.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #22
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been able to use bar soaps... residue. I'm sure there's some out there that don't leave that feeling. I just gave up long ago.

I used to wear deodorant only products. Somewhere along the way I picked the habit of using ones with antiperspirant too ... which if I recall is the part that's not good for ya... aluminium I think. I keep meaning to go back to my old ways but keep forgetting to buy something different! Oy... habits are hard to break ... or start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I have switched products again!

I am back to using bar soap, mild formula, dove mens comfort care.

Also I am finding that the white stick deodorants no longer work on me, I have better luck with the blue colored sticks of deodorant or the gels.

The only thing that works for me now is old spice deodorants, dove soap and I still use my Cetaphil lotion on my face, still trying to find some decent men's lotion that doesn't irritate my skin.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 11:36 PM   #23
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've never been able to use bar soaps... residue. I'm sure there's some out there that don't leave that feeling. I just gave up long ago.

I used to wear deodorant only products. Somewhere along the way I picked the habit of using ones with antiperspirant too ... which if I recall is the part that's not good for ya... aluminium I think. I keep meaning to go back to my old ways but keep forgetting to buy something different! Oy... habits are hard to break ... or start!

Yes habits are hard to breal but i got tired of the constant dryness from shower gels. They are great for scent but dried me out way bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #24
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Very true! There's something about gels that seems inherently drying … whether it's for the face, the body or the hair!

Have you tried any oils … to replenish moisture? I take really hot showers/baths/soaks. Hot water can be very drying. There are some light oil (e.g. sesame seed) type products that combat the dryness.

Quote:
Yes habits are hard to breal but i got tired of the constant dryness from shower gels. They are great for scent but dried me out way bad.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #25
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Very true! There's something about gels that seems inherently drying … whether it's for the face, the body or the hair!

Have you tried any oils … to replenish moisture? I take really hot showers/baths/soaks. Hot water can be very drying. There are some light oil (e.g. sesame seed) type products that combat the dryness.
Those hair gels that seem to shrink the scalp. Only wear them when I must get this buzz cut to behave. Wash and oil immediately when getting home. Even Fresh and Clear (frag free) does this.

But, JDeere, have you tried Aveeno oatmeal treatments. They're supposed to work pretty well. Cetaphil cream is my best friend like others here.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #26
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Oils dont work well with my body for some reason but yes I have used Aveeno and i dont like it Lol

I use the cetaphil face lotion but prefer something different for the body.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #27
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

I recently got another tin of pomade, House 99, and first impressions, it's quite nice. It doesn’t leave my hands super greasy (yes, I still need to get the “excess” off), and I find you don’t need to wait for it to set. Again, this is my first impressions, so after using it for a while my opinion may change. The only downside is that I think it’s quite expensive (I didn’t exactly look at the price tag, but I was a little shocked at the total) o_o

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 02:58 PM   #28
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Butch Products

Quote:
Have any of yall tried any natural deodorants?

I want to try the Schmidt's brand but its expensive online and the store doesnt carry the scent I want.
I am using Schmidt's Bergamot +Lime, I like it.

Not necessarily a butch product, per se, but I use Satsuma shower gel, which I get from The Body Shop - it smells like oranges.

I smell fruity, lol.

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #29
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Every Man Jack sandalwood shower gel and deodorant!