Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Post Jets Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Day

Jets Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Day

By Jets Staff
Posted Sep 15, 2011
The New York Jets today announced details of Hispanic Heritage Day, which will be celebrated at Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at MetLife Stadium.
The day is part of the NFL-wide celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15-Oct. 15. When the Jets kick off against the Jaguars at 1 p.m., they will be wearing the blue and gold New York Titans uniforms, the franchise’s original name and colors from 1960-62. Jets Hispanic Heritage Day is presented by El Diario / La Prensa, JetBlue Airways, MasterCard and Univision Radio.
At the game the Jets will celebrate Hispanic heritage with a variety of cultural entertainment, performances and activities that reflects the vibrant diversity of New York’s Latino population, the second largest in the country. The team has selected Ricardo Fernández as the recipient of the NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award, a recognition made possible through the support of Bud Light. Fernández is the president of Lehman College, now in his 22nd year at the helm. He is the longest-serving of the 23 current CUNY presidents and a long-time leader and advocate in his community.
The NFL and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) have partnered to launch the NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Awards presented by Bud Light during the 2011 celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. The awards recognize the contributions of Hispanic leaders in each NFL market.
Hispanic Heritage Day will feature the National Anthem performed by Prince Royce, New York native and Latin Grammy award nominee. A singer, composer and actor in both Spanish and English, Royce’s self-titled debut album has been certified double platinum and it features Royce’s first single, a bilingual and bachata cover of the classic and timeless 1961 Ben E. King song “Stand By Me.”
At halftime, one fan who wins the field goal kicking contest will win a trip for two to the 2011 Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas in November.
Pregame, outside the Pepsi Gate, fans can enjoy a cultural celebration from Univision Radio starting with performances from Colombian and Salvadoran folklorico dancers as well as a Peruvian dance group. A traditional Colombian party bus, “La Rumberita,” will be parked outside the West Great Hall gate while cigar roller Eduardo Lara from “Cigarevents.com” will demonstrate his talents every five minutes from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
WADO 1280AM, X96.3FM and La Que Buena 92.7FM — all Univision Radio stations — will be broadcasting from the plaza and giving away prizes. Special guest El Bacan Bacan from X96.3 FM will host.
Visit newyorkjets.com/espanol for more information on Hispanic Heritage Day and for the latest news on the Jets in Spanish
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I lové her voice!!!

If you're in for the night NBC has the 2011 ALMA awards are on..

American Latino Media Arts Award

I caught them and I loved the show! I wish all the award shows were that good.

Happy Belated Independence Day and Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #23
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i hope this isn't intruding, but i am hoping to play some music throughout the month in my class. Do people have any suggestions? If this is a thread derail, please, if you are willing, post to my visitor messages. The students, i am sure, know the current music.

BTW, we will also be doing academic curriculum. But it's predictable textbook based. If you have something you always wanted others to know or Latinos themselves (most of my students) to have exposure to, please . . .
Old 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i hope this isn't intruding, but i am hoping to play some music throughout the month in my class. Do people have any suggestions? If this is a thread derail, please, if you are willing, post to my visitor messages. The students, i am sure, know the current music.

BTW, we will also be doing academic curriculum. But it's predictable textbook based. If you have something you always wanted others to know or Latinos themselves (most of my students) to have exposure to, please . . .

You could teach about traditional folks dances from different regions of mexico I don't know if you have a smart board in your classroom so you can pull them up?

You could always translate the Anthem cause it's meaning runs deep.

You could also teach them that not everyone is mexican teach them to inquire before assuming all Latinos=Mexican

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Not Latino as you know, but have toured the Mexican Heritage Museum in Chicago a few times
Wonderfully displayed art all over the place
Stories rich in heritage, should interest all ethnicity
An old friend that translated to me what I couldn't read

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Martina.....I know it's not music but

Coit Tower (in the city) has some wonderful murals....some Diego Rivera...that chronicle the farmworkers' stories in CA

there are also murals in the Mission in the alleyways.........several different places
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had the pleasure of spending some time with Aztec dancers about a month ago. I felt at peace after participating in their beautiful ceremony.

Last edited by WickedFemme; 09-18-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: argh! can't get the pic to load???
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #28
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Lightbulb

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #29
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

If you have Comcast Cable they have a whole free section on National Hispanic Heritage Month.....

clips from the ALMA
documentaries movies
stuff in general

I'm sure HBO is doing stuff ........don't know about Showtime

edited to add:

the Aztec folks participate in Pride as well as damn near every parade or event in the Bay Area....I love them........I saw them raise power at some event in Dolores Park and just WOW
I will not assimilate

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #30
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Lightbulb El Jarabe Tapatio

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #31
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The type of dance is referred to as a Zapateados

This particular dance is from the Veracruz region

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #32
Butchlei

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lan
Relationship Status:
Married

Butchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST ReputationButchlei Has the BEST Reputation

Love the thread! And now that I am married to a beautiful Colombian femme, now I can celebrate some more

If mixing a Boricua with a Colombiana was not enough .... OMG ... fuego!
Butchlei is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Butchlei For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #33
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Dia De Los Muertos

Mexico celebrates this day on November 1 & 2nd altars are usually made to honor the dead and flowers (marigolds) are used, when I was a small girl my Abuelita would take me to the cementary to visit family members, we would spend both days there amongst others who were there leaving flowers, sugar skulls, foods and beverages. I would run out to play amongst the smells of these days, one could smell the marigolds, mums, food being made by people selling them, and I would always get me some fresh sugar cane to chew on. I believe other Latin countries as well as Carribean and African countries have similar customs on these days. I have memories of marionettes, colorful paper flowers and singing and oh the crying cause lemme tell you my Abuelita was all about the crying and the dramatics that come with this day as well as the memories that came with laughter, sharing our own stories and food, always food and Mescal.

Gifts that are brought to the dead:

Mescal: cause we do everything with Mescal

Toys: For the small *angelitos* children

Pan De Muerto, Atole, sugar skulls, these were often brought with or left outside of the home

Blankets: Cuz yanno the dead get cold

Marigold are considered Las Flores De Los Muertos, they attract the dead.

Altars and Shrines are built in the home some even portable so the family literally makes a parade and carries into the cementary singing till the deceased's grave is reached.

I miss it because it's part of my culture and who I am.

Example of an altar:

Overnight Stay:

Night 1:

Calavera dressed as family member

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #34
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Dia De Los Muertos

I miss northern new mexico this time of year.....all those little towns with the catholic cemetaries full of people and all the things Snow described
I will not assimilate

The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #35
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Default Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Dia De Los Muertos

I miss northern new mexico this time of year.....all those little towns with the catholic cemetaries full of people and all the things Snow described

When we move again NEw Mexico is it cause I love love it there it's truly enchanting.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

They are having a Dia De Los Muertos celebration here in the Rivermarket and I can't fucking WAIT! Hopefully will get down there after work and see some beautiful dancing and partake in some yummy stuff.

I love the idea behind honoring the dead in this way!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/san-fran...bouchon=807,ca

The Best Underexplored Art Treasure in the City

Diego Rivera's 74-foot Pan-American Unity Mural, a staggering work of artistic genius, and a gem of the San Francisco arts.

As an artist, Diego Rivera was one of Mexico's most celebrated. As a man, he was a 300-pound womanizer whose most famous relationship was marrying, divorcing, and then re-marrying Frida Kahlo.

His work helped to resurrect murals as an art form in Mexico. In 1940, he was commissioned by architect Timothy Pflueger design a mural as a part of the Golden Gate International Exposition on Treasure Island, and the end result was the Pan-American Unity Mural, his largest and most ambitious mural.
I will not assimilate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #38
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Dia De Los Muertos

Celebren, Acuerden, y no olviden

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #39
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Adelitas

Women of the Mexican Revolution

Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #40
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow Comida Mexicana