Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Riley and I are in a LDR. Right now, there is approx 280 miles and 4.5 hours between us. When he moves, it will cut down on some of the miles but the travel time will be the same.

We see each other 1-2 times per month, depending on our schedules and finances. Last month, we spend my birthday together and this month, we will have two weekends because my family vacation will happen about an hour from him.

In between visits, we talk/text daily. He calls me on his lunch break & on his way home plus we spend about an hour together on the phone before we say "good night."

Aside from communication, I think that biggest thing that helps me cope is how busy we each are. We both work full time; he is in school full time and I am raising a family. Additionally, we are in a D/s relationship and have a decent amount of rituals in place. These serve as reminders of our commitment and responsibility to each other.

Finally, our relationship had a strong foundation in friendship and I think it as really helped us learn each other and grow together.

I can handle 4 hours and a few times a month. In fact it might work great for me. I'm so busy. But LDR are very hard especially if you can't afford to fly or meet up often.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #42
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I can handle 4 hours and a few times a month. In fact it might work great for me. I'm so busy. But LDR are very hard especially if you can't afford to fly or meet up often.
Yup this is so true.

i would love to calculate airfare costs just from this site and see how many millions has been spent.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #43
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

i would love to calculate airfare costs just from this site and see how many millions has been spent.
It's an interesting question. I think a lot of it would be spent anyway. Certainly, for me I've got a sense of wanderlust so I travel often, irrespective of whether I'm in a LDR or not.

I think many people are the same - they get a bit restless in the same place and need regular breaks elsewhere, whether for a weekend or a week and whether to meet up with a partner or to travel with a partner or friend. A LDR may be an excuse to travel but I've plenty of other excuses too.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Yup this is so true.

I can only imagine......lol...I know I've spent a bunch over the years !
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #45
mplsgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
low-maintenance femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

mplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputationmplsgrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm thankful this thread has been revived.

I have always thought long-distance relationships were not for me. They still aren't. Not really. I cannot believe I am in one. We've been "dating" for the last 3 months or so. She lives in Canada. I live 1100+ miles away in the states.

I have fallen. Hard. I met her through a dating site and flew out within the first 2 weeks to meet her in person. I wanted to see if we would really be a "match". It went well. Almost too well. I flew out a second time. And she has visited me once. I will be going out there again for 2 weeks at the end of this month.

It is very difficult to not be physically present with someone (for me). We talk and text everyday (lots) and often use Skype.

I feel like we've gotten a bit caught up in - how are we going to make it not a LDR? It would involve a marriage and me moving to Canada. Whoa! Huge step! (And yes it's only been 3 months.) I'm very well-established (career, home owner, etc) where I live and I would be unravelling all that to move there. It will also be a major culture change: urban to rural.

So... now I've decided to back up a bit and really think about the relationship part of it... A LDR is a new experience for me. I think I'm willing to work on it though because the alternative would be not having this person in my life. And I'm not willing to give that up at this point.
mplsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mplsgrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
Silverseastar

How Do You Identify?:
femme, submissive, girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Singular

Silverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST ReputationSilverseastar Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really enjoying reading the variety of experiences and responses.

I'm like Ciaran and love travel so I think it can make LDR exciting for me. I'm also a very physical person so that is where the challenge comes in. If I'm in love I want to make out, hold hands, lay on their chest, snuggle to sleep...etc... and that can't happen LD nearly as often.

But that all being said, the right person is the right person and that is something special and worth pursuing like mplsgrrl was saying.
Silverseastar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Silverseastar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #47
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverseastar View Post
I'm really enjoying reading the variety of experiences and responses.

I'm like Ciaran and love travel so I think it can make LDR exciting for me. I'm also a very physical person so that is where the challenge comes in. If I'm in love I want to make out, hold hands, lay on their chest, snuggle to sleep...etc... and that can't happen LD nearly as often.

But that all being said, the right person is the right person and that is something special and worth pursuing like mplsgrrl was saying.
I feel you are right in this. I, while not being really as physical focused as some, do enjoy haolding hands & snuggling. I also enjoy knowing that the person is THERE. But, for me anyway, LD will work since I'm only looking to establish friendships. In time though, I will want a "no distance' relationship....lol....I wish for ALL of us to find what makes us happy, comfortable, & secure ! Whatever that looks like & feels like !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #48
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Default Smart woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplsgrrl View Post
I'm thankful this thread has been revived.

I have always thought long-distance relationships were not for me. They still aren't. Not really. I cannot believe I am in one. We've been "dating" for the last 3 months or so. She lives in Canada. I live 1100+ miles away in the states.

I have fallen. Hard. I met her through a dating site and flew out within the first 2 weeks to meet her in person. I wanted to see if we would really be a "match". It went well. Almost too well. I flew out a second time. And she has visited me once. I will be going out there again for 2 weeks at the end of this month.

It is very difficult to not be physically present with someone (for me). We talk and text everyday (lots) and often use Skype.

I feel like we've gotten a bit caught up in - how are we going to make it not a LDR? It would involve a marriage and me moving to Canada. Whoa! Huge step! (And yes it's only been 3 months.) I'm very well-established (career, home owner, etc) where I live and I would be unravelling all that to move there. It will also be a major culture change: urban to rural.

So... now I've decided to back up a bit and really think about the relationship part of it... A LDR is a new experience for me. I think I'm willing to work on it though because the alternative would be not having this person in my life. And I'm not willing to give that up at this point.
It's always best to step back a bit....always....<IMHO anyway>
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #49
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer or discourage any type of love but I did have a few bad experiences want those of you embarking on this journey to also be realistic.

back in early 2000 I met someone and we had a LDR for almost 8 months. After 3 months I insisted she fly to see me or I could not continue the relationship. I offered to even pay for half of the ticket. I was taking care of rescued animals at the time and had no one to watch them while I traveled. She would make arrangements and then cancel last minute with some excuse I later discovered was all lies. She painted this picture that was so far from who she really was. Where she lives, worked, family, all big lies. There were a few red flags but I chalked it off as fear. Countless phone conversations and online chat. Its easy to fall in love with a dream.

She finally arrived and almost right away it things began to unfold. Once I had discovered the magnitude of deception I ended the relationship but we kept in contact, or at least she did claiming that she was afraid and there were countless excuses. But there really wasn't any reason to invent the grand stories she told. If you need to be private, say nothing, don't invent lies. I believe in being forthright and honest at the start of any relationship. I don't need to invent BS to make myself look good in someones eyes. If they can't accept the real me then I'm not going to invest my precious time. Its that simple.

I'm a smart ass woman. I can see things but i admit that sometimes I'm busy or I just don't pry. But you gotta wake up pretty early to pull the wool over my eyes, HOWEVER because of love, being lonely and often removed from my community (living rural) I fall into traps.

This has happened to me a few times. Thankfully the last time I spotted it right away and didn't allow it to continue. I am still open to a LDR if they make the time to meet face to face within a reasonable time, they are forthright and not hiding a lot of shit. I will not continue a lengthy online/phone thing beyond 3 months. After I will expect both of us to travel often and carefully get a glimpse into each others lives- our friends, families, etc. this is important to me. After a year I would expect us to begin to make some decisions on being in the same state. I would not leave my granddaughter, therefore if I were to move it would mean selling or moving my business and moving my family, otherwise they would need to be happy on the farm!

Its easy to project your inner most desires. We are passionate human beings and our community presents some challenges. But its important to keep a clear and level head when investing so much emotion.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #50
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i knew a woman that wanted as much love in 3 months as most would want in a lifetime. to be high maintenance emotionally requires immediate touch (ldr).

when we desire intimate relationships, ... that's just it, ... we want touch, ... to be in their company.

i think we should go for things we feel passionate about. don't hold back. don't have regrets. but there's no use in making regrets that common sense can help avoid.

i'm not one that thinks it can work for most. it can sometimes become more of a burden than a comfort. for those that have succeeded, i'm happy for.

Last edited by macele; 05-08-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: to edit, of course.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #51
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If you need to be private, say nothing, don't invent lies. I believe in being forthright and honest at the start of any relationship. I don't need to invent BS to make myself look good in someones eyes. If they can't accept the real me then I'm not going to invest my precious time. Its that simple.
I've often tried to tell women online that I'm a successful gigolo to rich, wealthy women. Unfortunately, they tend not to believe me for some reason.

Quote:
I am still open to a LDR if they make the time to meet face to face within a reasonable time, they are forthright and not hiding a lot of shit. I will not continue a lengthy online/phone thing beyond 3 months. After I will expect both of us to travel often and carefully get a glimpse into each others lives- our friends, families, etc. this is important to me. After a year I would expect us to begin to make some decisions on being in the same state.
I agree with the sentiments above. To me, it can be a LD-something but not a LDR (i.e. relationship) until there has been some real-time, face-to-face contact. Obviously, you don't get to know an awful lot about someone from a initial day or few days in their real-time company but you get to find out an awful lot more about them, and whether there's potentially something there or not, than in months of texting and skype and so on.

I think electronic communication is good at continuing or maintaining a relationship but wouldn't be my preferred means of starting one. I never know who I'm talking to if I only know them online - okay, I might totally trust them so I know their occupation, their interests, where they live, their family etc.

But, I cannot really know who they are without real-time, face-to-face interaction. I need to look them in the eyes.

I agree with your one year point above also - whether it's six months or a year or whatever, at some stage, both parties need to realistically consider how the relationship can move from long distance to closer and, if not, to be honest and open about the reality and the options - which are to make hard choices or to drift.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #52
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Once the rollercoaster stop where I was standing. A beautiful femme raised the bar, smiled, and patted the seat next to her. It was the front seat...but you know how that is your first time out from behind the screen...you can jump off and get banged up or continue on .. I lowered the bar..pulled the lever..lit a cigarette..and left the amusement park when confetti cannons started shooting out little red flags all over the platform.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

"I've often tried to tell women online that I'm a successful gigolo to rich, wealthy women. Unfortunately, they tend not to believe me for some reason. "

Me too !!!! Why don't they believe me ????

Just kidding.....but, the LDR takes a special committment from BOTH parties....total honesty, LOTS of communication, & a strong bond of trust.......some things that unfortunately not everyone can give or are willing to give.....but, if you think it's worth the shot I say....go for it....just leave the rose colored glasses at home.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #54
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am still open to a LDR if they make the time to meet face to face within a reasonable time, they are forthright and not hiding a lot of shit. I will not continue a lengthy online/phone thing beyond 3 months.
3 months? That is WAY too long for me. Inside of a month for me.

I have never dated anyone that was not within driving distance. It has never been an option for me. Too much of a pain in the ass and the ability to assess long term compatibility is too hampered for my comfort level. I tend to date within a 30 mile radius. I have been very fortunate to have found women who although may not have been a part of a b/f community, were femme.

(and of course I count myself to be very lucky as I found the lovely tantalizingfemme very close to home)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #55
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

"I agree with your one year point above also - whether it's six months or a year or whatever, at some stage, both parties need to realistically consider how the relationship can move from long distance to closer and, if not, to be honest and open about the reality and the options - which are to make hard choices or to drift."

I couldn't agree more. If I were to ever be single again I would not choose to do a LDR. For so many reasons that I don't want to get into here, but having BTDT, I would prefer to either be alone or dating/partnered to someone who lives near by.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #56
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

I have never dated anyone that was not within driving distance. It has never been an option for me. Too much of a pain in the ass and the ability to assess long term compatibility is too hampered for my comfort level. I tend to date within a 30 mile radius. I have been very fortunate to have found women who although may not have been a part of a b/f community, were femme.

(and of course I count myself to be very lucky as I found the lovely tantalizingfemme very close to home)
I agree that three months before i met someone would be too long for me as well. I've had a few LDRs. But, meeting as soon as you can and as much as possible is key.

It was about a month into talking when me and my partner met face to face even though we knew "of" each other for years. We were 2500 miles from each other. But, we were both flexible and positive we could find a way. And thankfully, we did.

There is a lot of truth in the statement "You will know". That first hug, real time laugh, kiss, the fireworks *fans self, we both knew. We were both ready for that real relationship and it just worked, but you gotta work it. Many, many hours on skype, telephone, texts whatever you gotta do to become part of that person's life.

My advice to anyone starting in an LDR is ...meet the person soon, make sure that one of you are willing to move at the beginning and be responsible to yourself AND to the other party. BE HONEST.

OH andddddd make sure your heart ( the love part) AND mind (the red flags or financial or logistics, or "but i don't wanna move" parts) are in agreement. They BOTH have to want it. It took me many years to figure that one out. If your heart OR your mind is saying "no, i don't think so"...run.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #57
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

well honestly I want to get to know them a little first. I want to at least make sure we are on the same page and I look for little ques. It may happen faster but certainly not 30 days. Most of the time people travel to me and because I live in the country they stay at my farm (separate room) and we spend time together. I want to make sure I have a good feel for them and they are who they say they are. I enjoy having someone come, spend a few days, sitting by the fire and talking for many hours, however I still have responsibilities here.

lol- Ok, but the REAL reason is I need to make sure they can lift a 50 pound bag and feed and throw some hay bales around. If hy wants to hold up in my house I;m putting hym to work. lol - actually we'll work together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #58
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

If one or more person in a potential relationship cannot/isn't willing to re-locate, then I really think you should be very cautious about LDRs. You are potentially setting yourself up for big time heart ache. I have seen this happen quite often, where two people are crazy about each other but there isn't any realistic way for them to live together. It's also a very big risk to leave a well-established job, family and friends, etc to re-locate to a new location. I did move once where it didn't work out, and it was quite miserable for me. I came back to Portland with my tail between my legs and had to completely start over with everything.

When I first started talking to Belle I knew right away that I really, really liked her. I had also read some of her posts and knew she was very close to her mother and wasn't moving anywhere. I really loved living in Portland, OR. So I sat myself down and really made sure I would be willing to move if things worked out. This was very early on when we first started talking. I made a decision that yes I would and continued to get to know her. I am very, very happy here in Knoxville, TN. Not everyone has the flexibility to move like I did.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #59
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

lDR???? while being an OTR trucker, Im not any longer, I think all my relationship have been LDR. And let me tell you it isnt easy.

I am NOT against doing it again however I would like someone that was within driving distance so that we could meet often but this isnt a deal breaker. I love to travel.

I want some one who can keep up their end of a conversation. I have an unlimited phone plan both on my cell and home and believe me I have no problem getting my moneys worth.

I have been told I way to honest when I talk to someone and to me that isnt a bad thing but it has been my experience that not all people know how to be truthful.

I also believe that I should get to know them a bit prior to committing to a face to face however I don't want to wait till hell freezes over either.

Once I am in a relationship it really doesnt matter if its LDR or living with someone I do my best to be present whenever they need me to be. By this I make sure that we have certain times when we will call and talk. I also think that having regular dates even when living with some1 helps keep the spark.

I dont think that we should b in a hurry to pack the uhual and move to a new area so I think once a couple decide they are going to be a couple they need to have some set ground rules that each of them need to have met however they must have some wiggle room just to help with some adjustments.

After doing the LDR for a time period and no there isnt a set time limit but I think that once one or the other is starting to feel that they need more time with the person they love its time to have a face to face talk about what steps need to be taken.

Ok im backing off the soap box, As you can see I have some strong opinions about this subject and I havent even touched on as of yet.

I am open to talk about it at anytime Im online or just shoot me a message and ask I will be more then happy to let them be known

Have a great day
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #60
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
well honestly I want to get to know them a little first. I want to at least make sure we are on the same page and I look for little ques. It may happen faster but certainly not 30 days. Most of the time people travel to me and because I live in the country they stay at my farm (separate room) and we spend time together. I want to make sure I have a good feel for them and they are who they say they are. I enjoy having someone come, spend a few days, sitting by the fire and talking for many hours, however I still have responsibilities here.

lol- Ok, but the REAL reason is I need to make sure they can lift a 50 pound bag and feed and throw some hay bales around. If hy wants to hold up in my house I;m putting hym to work. lol - actually we'll work together.
I hear you, but I guess because I would not be willing to date long distance, inside of a month works for me. Meeting people quickly keeps one from getting too emotionally invested.

Yes, I can be pragmatic when it comes to dating!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: