Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #21
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Turkey tip...

If you brine your turkey, which makes the bird really moist and tasty, DON'T make gravy from the drippings!!! from the voice of experience! not a good idea.

Remember, brine is made of salt and gravy will be yucky!!!

p.s.
If you have a gravy boat, don't forget to use it.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #22
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I baked 5 dozen cornbread muffins for absolutely no reason today while working at home and kinda panicked a little when it occurred to me that I would have to do something with them.

SO!

I am putting them in the oven overnight to stale and then I'll break them up in the morning and put them in freezer bags to use in my cornbread dressing in a few weeks
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #23
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have a trick I use to keep a turkey moist with lots of flavor,I take a can of peaches 1/2 stick I puree the peaches juice and all then melt half stick of lite butter and a half shot of good white wine( use the kind you would drink or if you don't care for wine,leave it out)Then mix it all together thin enough to use in a injector,then shoot the bird up every where you can,if it;s to thick add more peach juice ( do not add water as it will mess the whole thing up..For the cavity I stuff one large juicy peeled orange cut in half one large apple peeled,quartered and un seeded with a couple if sticks of celery stuff it in the bird after you season the cavity first with what ever you care to use.Cross his legs then tie with cooking twine.Now wrap in foil snugly the cook in a turkey pan or roaster till done.A fue minits before it comes out of the oven take to top foil off to expose the turkey,pop back in the oven til it turn golden brown.I promiss this will workas it never has failed to work for me.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #24
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,340 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I am putting them in the oven overnight to stale and then I'll break them up in the morning and put them in freezer bags to use in my cornbread dressing in a few weeks
My mom makes the best dressing I've ever had! I love the stuff. She won't be here for the holidays so I'll be attempting to make it for the first time. Wish me luck

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

My wife she makes good stuffing-- with herbed fresh baked bread, water chestnuts, green chili turkey sausage, celery, onion, garlic,fresh sage, and drippings from the turkey.

We haven't decided if we wanted to do it or not this year-- since we've kind of have gone gluten free-->paleo--->primal. We are still deciding on it.

This year we decided to make a turkey breast and still cook it the way we normally do with a larger bird. I brine mine with apple cider, cold water, fresh rosemary leaves, garlic, kosher salt, pepper corns, bay leaves, maple syrup, orange peels, and bay leaves. I boil mixture then let it cool. Let turkey bathe in it over night. Its been one of the best mixtures we've come up with.

So what does everyone usually serve with their bird? or main dish? (for those who don't cook the Tom)
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
My wife she makes good stuffing-- with herbed fresh baked bread, water chestnuts, green chili turkey sausage, celery, onion, garlic,fresh sage, and drippings from the turkey.

We haven't decided if we wanted to do it or not this year-- since we've kind of have gone gluten free-->paleo--->primal. We are still deciding on it.

This year we decided to make a turkey breast and still cook it the way we normally do with a larger bird. I brine mine with apple cider, cold water, fresh rosemary leaves, garlic, kosher salt, pepper corns, bay leaves, maple syrup, orange peels, and bay leaves. I boil mixture then let it cool. Let turkey bathe in it over night. Its been one of the best mixtures we've come up with.

So what does everyone usually serve with their bird? or main dish? (for those who don't cook the Tom)
Palio stuffing recipes.
http://www.paleofood.com/stuffings.htm
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Thank you.

Actually, been considering this one

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I do not have any family really, but that will not stop me from cooking. I bought two 16 lb turkeys this week on sale for .59 a pound. I will roast both and then debone and can them in the pressure canner, so that I can nosh out on roasted turkey all year. Not sure what I am going to do for Christmas just yet.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #29
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I love the season of winter holidays, moreso, I love to pretend I'm Ms. Santa during the month of December and do random, unexpected acts of kindness for those who live in my neighborhood. My favorite thing to do is bake holiday goodies and leave them in the washeteria (on the weekends) because even though the door is *supposed to be locked*, children in my neighborhood often use that area as their 'fort' -- a place where they can keep warm when they're shooo'd outside to go play and probably haven't had much to eat. I also, because I've been poor most of my life, like to think of myself as Ms Santa when I check on dryers of clothes, left by other dwellers in my community, that are over-packed with clothes that need to be dry and can't possibly be dry in an hour's worth of time.... So when I catch a dryer full of clothes like that, I use my laundry card and put more time on the machine, so that their clothes will actually be dry.

I don't think anyone has figured out yet, who it is that does this every year, in all the years I've lived here; but the kids might have an inkling of an idea because there have been times that I've been caught by children, in the washeteria, leaving treats for them to eat.

<<<~~ *Ms. Santa*

ps/ Your cornbread sounds delicious! I may have to make a batch of it today for my son (he loves fresh, out of the oven, cornbread and buttermilk).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Well, I am going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up the last of the dinner needs. Hopefully the weather will hold out. Had a bit of sleet today and I do NOT drive on anything slick

So far, the meal consists of the basics:
Turkey and dressing
mashed potatoes
candied yams
macaroni and cheese
green beans (that Jack won't eat because I throw the turkey neck in there while they simmer and she says it looks like a penis)
rolls
deviled eggs
and something chocolate

A certain beautiful boy and I made fudge together last year and I suspect that will be happening again.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I love to hear all of the holiday talk, especially since I am a HUGE fan of Christmas ~ I love to decorate, go shopping, spend time with my family and just enjoy the season. I do agree in many ways that xmas is so over commercialized that people get so wrapped up in the gimme/i want part of it, no one realizes that this holiday isn't all about giving gifts and spending tons of money. Its about celebrating the love between people (though that should be celebrated all year long), getting together, and just being with the ones you care about. I'm very much looking forward to just being able to celebrate being with those who love me, and will no doubt be looking forward to starting my own traditions and memories next year

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #32
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I love the holidays.. all of them.. all year around..
This one particularly, we have standard plans... decorating, the house, and or yard, paint a few new ornaments, every year.. a must. Baking with my kids, sometimes together, sometimes individually. Handing out cards to friends and family with a baking treat, usually cookies or a loaf (banana, zucchini or pumpkin) Christmas Eve and morning have always been mine with my children and their friends. Everyone is always welcome. Now that they are adults, it is just that much more important to hold on to those days, at least in my opinion. Usually.. after everyone is done work for the day, they meet back at my place for drinks& eats& games. I usually prep the night before, wings, ribs, crab dip, cheese and crackers, homemade veggies and homemade dip.. my kids favourite hashbown casserole, and a couple new recipes I try each year. Egg nog of course and various other treats. We finish last minute Christmas things together, from wrapping gifts for other family members, and break out the wii for some competition.. Christmas morning with fruit platters, and chocolate fondue, and gift opening. Then they are off to see the rest of the family, and i don't usually see them again till around the 29th or so, sometimes not till the first week of the new year. Both my children are grown, or almost (soon to be 18 and 21) so i am ever grateful for the moments that i still get with them. Right now it is hard to get their time, with their own g/f and b/f, in laws and extended family. Soon they are going to have families of their own, and babies too..
So after 10 am, I'm on my own, this year I'm thinking I'll either work it or go to the movies or both
I agree with most, that the holidays are very commercial, but I also believe that we have to own that as our own doing. Hold on to, and make our own traditions that make it and keep it about what it should always be about. Spending time with loved ones and giving! Our time, and compassion are always the best gifts and the most priceless.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #33
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I LOVE this time of year because it means that all things pumpkin-flavored are available in quantity!!!

Pumpkin pies! Pumpkin lattes! Pumpkin bread!! Pumpkin-scented candles!! Pumpkin-colored throws!

YAY!
It's only a matter of weeks until all things pumpkin will start to show up! I already saw pumpkin shaped Reese's peanut butter cups at Fred Meyers! Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, holiday goodies ..I can hardly wait for it all...

Sidebar: I've also gotten a few presents purchased already....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #34
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holiday Joy........

~~
I do realize sometimes holidays can be depressing for those without family or friends close by but as for myself, I enjoy the shopping for gifts that I know will bring joy to others. Besides gift I LOVE sending food goodies such as Seattle's Chocolate Truffle bars, See's Eggnog Truffles, Racine Kringle, oh the list goes on and on. Who doesn't love finding something delicious and tasty in a gift box around the holidays!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: